wtevr_it_takes (wtevr_it_takes) wrote in degrassitng_,
wtevr_it_takes
wtevr_it_takes
degrassitng_

Edit: I'm putting this here instead of replying to everyone who wrote, "Use LJ cut!". I'm sorry if I ruined your precious Friends Only pages. But, I'm not that much of a schmuck to not put one, expecially with the post being so long. I remember putting one. Something must have happend when I copied and pasted it to the updating page. About the bolding towards the end, I didn't realize it. I thought I'd make it easier for everyone to read by doing that. But I'm sorry if it got screwed up at the end. Sorry if I am being a bitch here, but I think if one person says it, I'll get the idea.
I don't exactly spend all my time on here, so I didn't know about this till now.

Censored Scenes and some unknown/interesting info.

Season 1
Mother and Child Reunion
-The-N edits the teacher touching and kissing Emma
-Only J.T.,Toby,Emma, Manny, Terri, and Ashley appear in this episode, the others will debut later.
-A poster is blurred when Joey and Caitlin are talking.

Family Politics
-In this episiode, we learn that Spinner's middle name is Reginald.
-This is the first appearence of Paige and Liberty.

Eye of the Beholder
-First appearence of Sean and Tracker
-Emma (Miriam MacDonald), cut her hair above her shoulders

Parents' Day
-First appearence of Toby's mother.

The Mating Game
-The-N had a Parental Discretion is advised warning for this episode, because it dealt with strong sexual content

Basketball Diaries
-We find out how Spinner got his nickname.

Secrets and Lies
-This is the first time Paige mentions her gay brother, which we will first see in the 3rd season.
-This is the first time JT mentions he has a sister.

Coming of Age
-This is one of the few episodes that Sean shows interest in Emma
-Shane Kippel (Spinner) does appear in this episode in the background but he doesn't speak.
-Manny says she was born August 15, 1989 in Manila, Phillipines
-Ash and Jimmy borke up and got back together in this episode.
-In Emma's bathroom stall, there is a doodle, it said "I love J.T."

Rumours and Reputations
-This is the first appearence of Paige's friend Hazel.

Friday Night
-We learn that the phone number at Degrassi is 555-1950.
-It's revieled in this episode that Sean doen't eat meat.

Wannabe
-Daniel Clark (Sean Hope), Melissa McIntyre (Ashley Kerwin), Aubrey Graham (Jimmy Brooks) and Christina Schmidit (Terri MacGregor) do not appear in this episode.
-In the U.S. when Emma and Manny walk out the bathroom there is a poster blurred off.

Cabaret
-Mrs. Kwan still isn't back from her absence
-Ashley, Terri and Paige went from "Two Girls & a Keyboard" to "Three Girls & a keyboard" to "Paige Micaelchuck & the Sexkittens" to "Paige and Terri" but it finally ended as "PMS" .
-In this episode Terri demonstrates the weegie board material.
-This episode shows that Sean and Emma are now dating

Under Pressure
-This is the return of Mrs. Kwan since her absence ("Friday Night")
-When aired on the n they smugged out some thing on a poster in a class room.
-On dishnetwork and many cable providers, when you press the info button for this episode it says 'Spinner and Sean fight as exams draw near' when it's really Jimmy and Sean.
-In this episode, we learn that Spinner has ADD and takes ritalin when Ms. Kwan asks him about it before the exam, after he comes back from the nurses office.

Jagged Little Pill
-There was a cut out scene on the-n where Emma sees sean making out with Ashley.
-The-N cuts and adds the following:
1) Changes background music slightly in credits.
2) Instead of Sean getting an asprin, he gets a vitamin for women.
3) Edits Sean saying "Chew it slower. It gives you a better high".
4) Deletes the scene of Emma seeing Sean and Ashley kiss.
5) Adds about 3 seconds to epilouge.
-When aired on August 20, 2003 The-N showed the episode how it originally aired to them: With Daniel Clark hosting.
-Spinner brings in a watermelon to Ash's house yet it's not seen being eaten nor does Spinner leave with it.
Season 2
When Doves Cry (1)(2)
-The opening credits feture a longer verion of "Whatever It Takes" and add the characters of Craig, Hazel, and Joey Jeremiah to the cast line-up.
-Miriam McDonald has braces in this and future episodes.
-As we see Shane Kippel for the first time the season, the viewers see that he has lost some weight.
-Previously from last year,some viewers have noticed that Toby's voice is changing.
-Ms. Kwan inexplicably has a large bandage over the fingers of her right hand in this episode but her hands and fingers are intact by the next episode.
-In this episodes first run The-N edited Craig looking in the mirror at his bruises but they didn't in the future airings.
-The-N edits Craigs dad beating him.
-To the top note, The-N does not add Hazel to the lineup. In Season 3 and on they have her there. But not Season 2 or 1.
-When this episode aired on the-n, they edited out the train scene.
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
-Who came dressed as Whom to the Back-to-the-Future Dance?
Jimmy - Michael Jackson
Spinner- Vanilla Ice
Hazel - Tina Turner
Manny - Molly Ringwald
Emma - Cindi Lauper
Craig - Sid Vicious
Paige - Madonna
-Sean mentions about his kiss with Ashley ("Jagged Pill")
-Adamo Ruggiero's (Marco Del Rossi) first appearance
-Marco is seen wearing corrective glasses in his last scene of this episode and he's never worn them since.
Karma Chameleon
-Toby begins to crush on Kendra and learns that she and Spinner are siblings.
-Spinner and Toby fued over Kendra
-Sean helps Ashley pay for her Lunch
-Sean asks Ashley out.
Weird Science
-At the beginning of the scene where Emma gies to JT for ruining her project there is a kid that walks by Emma with a post-it on his back saying "kick me".
-Here are some of the kids science projects:
Liberty:Effect on Life Deprivation on Household Plants
Toby:Servillance:Friend or Foe
JT:The Woman of the Future
Emma:The Virtue of a Healthy Breakfast, but later changed to The Mind/Body Connection
-First appearence of Nadia Jamir this season
-The-N edited Spinner's 'boner'
Drive
-The-N censored out a poster behind Marco at the beginning of the show and a poster of tattoos when Ashley was at the Tattoo parlor.
-This is Jake Epstien's (Craig's) favorite episode of the series.
-J.T. and Toby do not appear in this episode.
Shout (1)(2)
-This episode appeared in the US as a 90 minute episode, consisting of the episodes "Shout" parts 1 and 2 and "How Soon is Now," which takes place six months after the events of "Shout"
-On The-N, they briefly edited the scene of Dean raping Paige.
-When this episode, along with Shebop and How Soon Is Now, airs on The-N, there is a notice. This what it says:
"This following episode of Degrassi deals with rape and contains frank discussions about dealing with sexual abuse. Parental Discretion is advised."
-PMS used to have three members. Now Hazel got added in and now they come back with a new song called "Poor Thing"
-The-N edited the shot of the judge watching Paige sing. They thought that her expression was too much for the episode.
Mirror in the Bathroom
-In the media immersion lab you see Toby on a website - a real website (www.degrassi.tv) - and you also see Degrassi: The Next Generation and the DMail inbox and the complete template as you see on the website.
Take My Breath Away
-We learn that Mr. Simpson and Emma's mom are engaged. This time, the woman proposed.
-The song that was in this episode was called "Be My Cinderella" and it was sung by Manny and Craig.
-When this episode aired on The N, they cut out an entire scene with Toby and JT
-Craig says to Jimmy and Spinner that Manny reminds him of his 5-year-old half sister. In reality, Cassie Steele (Manny) is the sister of Alex Steele (Angela).
-The book Ellie reads with Marco is "The Gashlycrumb Tinies" by Edward Gorey.
-You can read the Gashlycrumb Tinies at www.wishville.co.uk/gorey/start.htm
Don't Believe the Hype
-In this episode, we learn that Hazel was born in Somalia and is Muslim.
-In this episode, Paige admits that she's Ukrainian.
-Closed Captioning spells J.T's last name 'York'
-Hazel hides her Muslim background by saying she's Jamaican. In real life, Andrea Lewis is actually Jamacian on her father's side.
-Terri's ethnicity is Scottish.
-We learn that Kendra is Chinese.
White Wedding (1)(2)
-Spinner, Jimmy, Ashley, terri, Spinner, Paige, Hazel, Marco and Ellie Do not asppear in this episode.
-Joey and Caitlin attend the wedding reception "together".
-Emma and Sean have their first kiss while dancing at the reception
-We see Manny and Craig dancing at the party so I'm assuming they're friends again since Craig told her he didn't like her in "Take My Breath Away"
Careless Whisper
-Miriam McDonald (Emma) and Jake Epstien (Craig) do not appear in this eppisode.
-This is the 2nd appearance of Dr. Sally.
-Before the episode aired, there was a short warning about the contents and the dabbling with homosexuality.
-Since Sean is seen playing basketball with Spinner and Jimmy then later joining them in giving catcalls to Marco, it appears that Sean and Jimmy have made a temporary truce two episodes before their first official attempt in 'Message in a Bottle'.
Hot for teacher
-Shane Kippel's hair color has been bleached white blonde, and you can see it in this episode.
Message in a bottle
-First aired in US on August 1, 2003
-In 'Friday Night' (Season One) both Emma and Sean had been adamant vegetarians. By this episode they've either given that up or the writers' forgot about their dietary regimen. Sean brings his brother's pickled herring as a snack then he and Emma seem to have no probs eating various raw fish during the Spike and Snake's Sushi Dinner!
Although,Sean said in "Friday Night" that he wasn't a vegetarian but just didn't eat hamburgers. In fact he said he "loves meat." And Emma may still be a vegetarian but still eats fish. There's some vegetarians who eat fish.
Dressed in Black
-Now we finaly know That Ashley and Jimmy started talking again.
-When Toby receives his e-mail from Spinner, you can see that it's the Dmail page at degrassi.tv. This is the second time they've used it.
Relax
-Liberty says she will lead the girls to victory just like Napoleon at (the battle of) Leipzig. Perhaps this is foreshadowing, as Napoleon lost at Leipzig to overwhelming forces.
-Hazel's line "Her days are numbered" was used in a promo for the Degrassi Avatar theather.
-Joey initially whines about not being able to sponsor BOTH the boys' and girls' teams (the whole reason WHY they're playing floor hockey for his uniform sponsorship)- yet not only does he wind up doing just that. .Joey actually appears to have bought a brand-new referee uniform when he shows to referee the match despite him having no other occasion to wear it!
Fight for your right
-The GM petition was mentioned in "Take My Breath Away."
-This Is The First Time We See Seans New Look.
How soon is now?
-In the US, this episode was a part of the 90-minute special, "Shout".
-The song "How Soon is Now" is a song by the Smihs. Listen or look at the lyrics, its talk about a party and going home crying and wanting to die.
-Spinner's "Heh, heh, dream on!" was used as a promo for the
Degrassi avatar theater.
Tears are not enough (1)(2)
-This episode marks the first ever appearence of a geography teacher on Degrassi: the Next Generation.
-Cassie Steele(Manny) did not appear in this episode
-Craigs father dies and Terri comforts Craig considering she's gone through loosing her mother.
-This is the first epsiode in which someone dies.
Season 3
Father Figure (1)(2)
-One Hour Season Premiere
-Christina Schmidt (Terri McGreggor) does not appear in Father Figure (1)
-In the background of the Wastelands, you see the same two mullet boys from When Doves Cry (1).
-Chris Sharpe (Daniel Morrison) makes his first appearance.
-For the new season, we finally see some new credits. The "mini-plot" to it is that Ellie is filming the cast. The theme for the new season now has rock blips added to it. Stacey Farber, Andrea Lewis, Stacie Mistysyn, and Adamo Ruggerio are now added to credits.
-Father Figure was the title for the fourth episode of My So Called Life.
-The actor who plays Shane McKay in this episode does NOT play Shane McKay in Degrassi Junior High.
-Spike goes into labor.
U got the look
-Craig's being grounded continues in this episode and plays an important part in the plot because Joey learns about the band after Marco says Great we really need our lead singer back.
-This marks the first episode of JT's crush on Manny.
Pride
-First appearance of John Bregar (Dylan Michalchuk)
-First appearence of Mike Lobel (Jay).
-Marco's sexuality comes up during a discussion between Dylan,Hazel and Paige.
-Simpson gets sick and learns he may have cancer.
Why
-In Canada, this episode is called 'Pride (2)', but in the US, this episode is called 'Why? (2) or 'Pride (2)'.
-The-N edits out the word fag everytime it's used (except when Spinner uses it) by replacing it with gay or just deleting it. They also deleted the scene where Marco get's bashed. In the fight, the basher kicks Marco's ribs and calls him a "homosexual lover" and then kicks him again and calls him a "fag". Then they start to punch him.
-Although the word fag was used in the show, on CTV, when they aired the promo for this episode, Spinner wrote 'Marco is gay' on the wall.
Gangsta Gangsta
-Katie Lai's (Kendra Mason) first appearance in season three.
-Christina Schmidt (Terri MacGreggor) does not appear in this episode.
-In this episode, Toby admits that he had a wet dream before and J.T. has his first
-Travis Donegan (Towerz) makes his first appearance, although his name is never mentioned exept in the credits.
Should I Stay or Should I Go?
-This is Christina Schmidt's (Terri MacGreggor) first appearance for the 3rd season.
-In 'Mother and Child Reunion', Wheels had attended the reunion as a parapalegic in a wheelchair- ten years after his drunk driving accident. Yet, when we see him again here (two years later), Wheels walks perfectly well and has no problems bowling. In spite of giving an inspirational talk to Snake about how to keep holding onto life even after terrible things have happened, neither he, Snake or Joey address the fact that he's able to walk again after having been paralyzed ten years!
-Ashley makes a refrence to the season 1 finale "Jagged little Pill" by telling Spinner her mom's been strict since her last party, when she took ecstacy.
Against All Odds
-This is the episode where you notice Shane Kippel's new piercing: his tongue
-In this episode, Emma and Manny are automatically friends again, and having a sleepover.
Whisper to a Scream
-We learn Ellie's real name is Eleanor.
-Paige and Ellie bond in an unusual way.
This episode was blamed when some grade school children started cutting. Get the full story at http://www.canoe.ca/TelevisionShowsD/degrassinextgeneration.html
Scrolling further down, there are more degrassi related articles.
-We learn that Ellie's mother had drinking problems and that her dad is being sent away.
Never Gonna Give You Up
-This story is like Kathleen and her beating boyfriend in Degrassi High. Like this episode, it too involved a play, and Scott trying to control Kathleen's life and who she hangs out with.
-Hazel confronts Terri about Rick hurting her.
Holiday
-Some of the scences in the Holiday episode had real snow, while most of the sences had fake snow.
-Craig's cheating on two girls storyline was similar to the Joey's storyline back in the original Degrassi
-Joey realizes that he still loves Caitlin
-This episode marks the 2nd time on the series that Toby and Hazel each acknowledge their faiths (Toby's being Jewish and Hazel's being Muslim).
-Holiday, parts 1 & 2, aired as an hour-long Christmas special in the United States and was advertised as the finale for the third season.
-Emma only appears at the beginning of the shows with no dialouge. All the other secondary characters (except for Spinner and Mrs. Nelson/Simpson) only have a couple of lines.
-Both Manny and Ashley dump Craig.
This Charming Man
-We learn Jay's surname is Hobart.
-First mention of Sully (Manny's onetime boyfriend) since he blew her off for the weekend in "Should I Stay or Should I Go" (Season Three- #44).
Accidents will Happen (1)(2)
-The sub-plot of this episode was shown as a degrassi mini-episode in the US.
-Never aired in the US.
-The name of the book JT read in the library was called "Anyone Can Have a Happy Child".
-The song playing when Manny's jogging is Beautifully Undone by Lindy
-Sean still appears to be friends with JT in this episode since he asks him for advice on how to get rid of Liberty.
-Liberty finally gets a boyfriend.
-Manny's mother appears for the first time.
-Shane Kippel said in a degrassi chat that he thought Liberty and Towerz were the worst couple in Degrassi.
-We find out that Manny decides to get an abortion. Although Emma and Manny are not longer close, Emma supports her decision and says it's her body.
-Craig and Emma argue.
Take me on
-This episode is a replica of the 1985 movie "The Breakfast Club". The roles of this episode are similar to those of the characters in the movie: the jock: Jimmy
the princess: Hazel
the nerd: Toby
the misfit: Ellie
the criminal: Sean
-Ellie and Sean become a couple in this episode . Hazel and Jimmy become a couple in this episode
-This episode is shown as a Promo during the Premere of 'My So Called Life."
-Apparently, Jimmy and Sean get over their differences in this episode.
-Ellie reveals that she had a few scars on her left arm. That's why she always wears long sleeves.
-Mr. Simpson is teaching again.
-J.T. makes a brief appeareance at the end of the episode (he only had one line.)
-First time viewers see Sean and Hazel converse!
-This is also the first time viewers see Toby and Ellie converse- despite her being Ash's best friend.
Don't dream it's over
-SEAN:"Video cameras? I thought tape recorders were the new thing"---making reference to Ellie recording their conversations in TAKE ON ME.
-Rick knocks terri down and she is brought to the hospital.
-Paige and Rick fued.
-Paige and Spin go through some hard times together.
-Ellie brings Marco along on her date with sean.
Rock and Roll High School
-Craig apologizes to Ashley for getting Manny pregnant, but not for cheating on her.
-Ashley's band is renamed Hell Hath No Fury and Craig's band is Downtown Sasquatch.
-The part when Craig apologizes for getting Manny pregnant is cut out becuase the-n didn't show the Accident's will Happen episode.
-Ashley finally forgives Craig.
-We learn that Angie's middle name is Elizabeth
-Apart from Liberty(who organizes the band order), none of the Grade Nines appear in this episode- not even in the crowd shots!
-Chris Woodward of the Toronto Blue Jays Announces the bands.
It's Raining men
-This is the episode that features Marco and Dylan's first date.
-This is the episode where we meet Marco's parents for the first time.
-We learn that Marco has a beephobia (he is afraid of bees).We also learn that Dylan has a killer whale phobia.
-Emma made a brief appearance at JT's party, but did not have any dialogue.
-Marco in this episode, has clear braces that are visible in some scenes...
-The-n cut the kissing scene a little short.
-Marco hasn't 'come out of the closet' to his parents. The reason why is pretty obvious.
I want candy
-Spinner and Kendra's Mother is introduced in this episode.
-Kendra has a broken arm in this episode
-Terri has woken up from her coma, but still has a large gash on the back of her head.
-This episode is similar to Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
-We learn Ash's mom Kate sells real estate.
-Emma has a brawl with character Alex during this episode.
-In this episode, we learn that Snake's leukemia is in remission.
-In this episode we learn that's Snake's full name is Archibald Rupert Simpson.
Our house
-At one point of the show, you can see that Ellie is wearing the same shirt she had on in "Careless Whisper".
-Sean learns reponsibility
-Tracker gets a job in Alberta.
The power of Love
-The high school dance has a fire but the school doesn't burn down, unlike the series finale of Degrassi Junior High.
-Sean confesses to stealing Snake's computer.
-JT and Emma only had one line.
-Duke's limo has two Tennessee flags on the rear antenneas.
Subscribe

• (no subject)

hey! if you have tumblr and love Degrassi please follow my blog ^_^ it contains screencaps, pictures, quotes, videos and more about the Degrassi…

• Degrassi Community

Hi, just wanted to let you know that there's a new Degrassi Community over on DW for anyone looking for more Degrassi fun: DegrassiGoesThere…

• (no subject)

2 things: 18 to life trailer (Stacey Farber's new show) & two, for any Holly J./Declan fans, a shipper community hollanj

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 53 comments

• (no subject)

hey! if you have tumblr and love Degrassi please follow my blog ^_^ it contains screencaps, pictures, quotes, videos and more about the Degrassi…

• Degrassi Community

Hi, just wanted to let you know that there's a new Degrassi Community over on DW for anyone looking for more Degrassi fun: DegrassiGoesThere…

• (no subject)

2 things: 18 to life trailer (Stacey Farber's new show) & two, for any Holly J./Declan fans, a shipper community hollanj