July 4th, 2004

Introductory

This is a community in which almost everything goes. I want everyone to feel welcome. Everyone has the right to speak their mind and everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.

All I ask is that you please respect each other and act civil. We are all of the same race - the human race. Kind words go a long way.

Please try to keep rating community promoting to a bare minimum. These communities are a breeding ground for hatred and I don't like to see people get hurt.

Other than that... feel free to post about anything you'd like. Politics, sex, religion, travel, music, movies... All topics welcome.

When you join, please write an introductory entry including your name, age, and location so we can get to know you a little better.

Thanks for joining community_!

My name is Stephanie. I am a 19 year old female from Florida.
Kurt

Intro

What's up? Looks like I'm the first member! Yay me! haha...anywho...My name is Morgan. I'm 18 years old. I study Digital Design. And I'm from Sarasota, FL. Woo hoo! It sucks major ass here, but in about a year I'll be gone for good! So yeah. That's all I got. heh...later.
  • Current Mood
    blah blah

On Politics

I like the idea of an UBERCOMMUNITY where all things go.

My name is AJ, I'm a philosophy/English lit major at USF, and I am 18 of your Earth years old. I come from Nebulon V, not to conquer, but to enlighten your people and eat your foodstuffs. If you want to know anything about me read my livejournal, you lazy reading type person, you.

And now, on to business.....

Does anyone else think this political polarization thing has gotten far, far out of hand? There is no more educated, informative discussions of politics, it's all partisan trench warfare. Bush sucks or Bush is God, there is no middle ground. There is no consideration of what is best for most Americans, just the assumption that every single American agrees with the Republicans, or every single American agrees with the Democrats. It's just silly. We need to do something about that.

Frankly, I don't know what to think. I don't like the Democratic ideal of fighting racism by making sure there is a large race divide - who cares what your skin color is? That has no bearing on your ability to perform a job, get an education, or ability or likelihood to do anything for that matter. You end racism by not worrying about skin tone, you morons.

And I don't like the Republican ideal of legislating morality. The government is secular, no matter how many Christians are in it or are in the country. And why is it that marriage is such a sacred thing, even though divorce rates are sky high, but two women who have been together for 50 years getting married constitutes the end of society.

I just don't get it. Any of it. Where are the Lincolns at?

Discuss.
  • Current Music
    Rx Bandits - "Sell You Beautiful"

Per Request

So who am I?

I hate this question. I'm Elizabeth, 21, I live in St. Petersburg FL, and have all my life. I'm interested in just about everything, though I tend to stay away from anything with a "party" atmosphere. I'm in school for like... everything, mainly psychology, education, humanities, math... heh.

As I stated in a comment before I tend to stay away from politics as much as possible, along with current events. I prefer to keep my focus on things such as culture, art, etc.

Good evening.

Hello everbody! I'm Jason, here in California, USA. 14½ years old today. Nice to meet you all. I try not to get entangled in discussions that involve politics (no opinion), religion (atheist, but I respect other religions), and any other controversial topics.
  • Current Music
    rs background music