classy_preps_

General Info:
Name: Melissa
Occupation (Job, school, etc.): Part time secretary
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Green
Piercing's: Each ear once

Favorites:
Stores: Macy’s, Lord and Taylor, Abercrombie and Fitch (not for jeans) Ann Talor, Gap.
Bands/Singers: Dave Mathews Band, Death Cab for Cutie, Incubus, Mathcbox 20, Norah Jones, Fiona Apple, Judy Garland, a lot of 70’s rock.
Tv shows:  I don’t watch too much t.v. but if I see that DeGrassi is on I’ll watch it. Also, Cops is pretty amusing if I’m down and out.
J

Movies: Breakfast at Tiffanys, Almost Famous, Shrek, the Austin Powers movies, and just about anything by Jim Carrey or Adam Sandler.
Books: The Diary of Anne Frank, Inside My Heart, She’s Come Undone, My Friend Leonard, The Bell Jar, The Catcher in the Rye, and Rumblefish.
Hobbies: I love to swim, hike, hang out at the beach, read, and bake. Ive recently done some volunteering in my free time, and I surprisingly enough love it. It’s easy for me to get caught up in myself sometimes, and its good to take a step back and do for others.
Food: I live a block from the beach, so you gotta know I love seafood! Calamari, Linguini and clam sauce, manhattan clam chowder, Ben and Jerrys ANYTHING, Starbucks (yum@ their fraps), and any kind of baked goods. Ei:cookies, cakes, etc.
Outfit: We’ll whatever it is, I love pastels. Let’s say a pastel pink polo, and a pair of khakis. Oh, and my beloved pair of loafers. ~ As a side note, I don’t like anything too tight or pants that show off boxers/thongs/buttcrack.
Quote: If only we were a little kinder to one another, a little more gentle and understanding… Maybe then we would all like ourselves a little bit more. – Judy Garland

Opinions: We look at your opinions by the way you support them, not exactly what your opinion is
Paris Hilton: I think she is the is a prime example of the fact that no matter how much money you possess, you cannot possibly buy class. I think its sad that (and this is just my opinion, you said I wasn’t judged by this, but how I support it) people idolize this woman. Her thrust into the spotlight was the fact that she made a sex tape (and I hear a bad one at that). She thinks the world revolves around her, and she has no idea what is going on in the real world. My opinion of her is a low one, at best.

Britney Spears: Britney used to be one of the more wholesome girls out there, in my opinon. I think that she shows incredibly bad judgement. This is exibited not only in her career choices, but in her personal life. Her husband is about as white trash as you can get, leaving his pregnant wife to be with britney then getting her pregnant and partying constantly while she is with his child. Then there was the trist in Las Vegas were she was married a day… Needless to say her choices in men arent great ones. Also, It is my opinion that a pack of wild dogs take care, and look after their pups better that britney watches after her kids. Wether she is just not thinking, or doesn’t care, this woman needs to prioritize her life and think about whats important to her.
Drugs & Alcohol: Drugs destroy lives. They put people in jail, and land innocent children in foster homes. The impair judgement, and well as hurt people around you. They are dangerous, and I will never touch them. ~ Alcohol is Okay, as long as its controlled. I think people should be locked up for lifew for driving drunk. People get behind the wheels of cars drunk and they kill people. This is a known fact. Why people still choose to not pass the keys on to their designated driver is beyond me. ~ Now when alcohol is controlled I think its quite nice IN MODERATION. No one looks classy, or respectable drunk. Now wine with dinner, or a sangria on the private beach are quite alright in my opinion, and those who can enjoy it responsibly and respectibly should.
Livestrong: I know it has become a huge fad, but I support it wholeheartledly. Too many people I know have passed away because there is no cure for this terrible disease, and now this little fad (that a lot of us are sick of) has came along, and not only raised awareness of the disease, but millions of dollars to fund the fight for a cure. Thank god for livestrong, and I’ll wear my bracelette with pride.
Gay Marriage:  I support it. I think one of our biggest problems as americans is that we are too critical, and we think everyone elses buisness should be our own. Who cares if two guys want to marry? If they make each other happy and love each other, why should they spend the rest of their live being alone? A person doesn’t have to think, act, or even love as I do for me to wish them luck. Love has a hard enough time surviving as it is without being bombarded by stones from the fearful.
Labels(as in people and cliques): They have and will always exist. A lot of the time, they are true. Even the bible says, “You will know a tree by the fruit it puts forth…” Literally meaning, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s probably not a cow. I’m not saying that labels are always correct, but more often than not, there is some truth to them.

Money: Money is a nice thing to have. I wish no one had to want for anything. That people didn’t go hungry for not having it, and that bills didn’t go unpaid. I wish people didn’t kicked out of their homes, and people didn’t have to file for bankrupcy for not having it. I wish everyone had enough money to make them happy in life. It’s a blessing, but to some it’s a nessicary evil.

Who is your role model and why: My grandma. She is classy, beautiful, and kind-hearted. She never speaks down on anyone, and always tries to give people a chance and see a different point of view. Oh, and shes in her 60’s but her skin is flawless. She has amazed me since I was little, and still continues to do so to this day.

This community: I like it! I think you guys are all really nice, sweet classy people. I like the idea of a place to come chat about life, fashion, and other things of preppy life with like-minded individuals. And even if we arent all like minded, maybe I’ll learn something new from some of you.

How did you find out about this community? (Please be specific): I did a search for preppy in the livejournal search engine, and this was one of the results that caught my eye and my intrest.

Promote us in at least 3 places(Promotion communities are not acceptable):

Oxgreen_eyesxO.livejournal.com

_Vintage_life_.livejournal.com

(that’s all I can think of at the moment, but I would promote a lot)

3-10 CLEAR pictures of you (not links!):

Me at the beach with my mom this summer. I cant wait till she flys out again for new years!

Apple and pumpkin picking this year.

Yaaa! I caught the duck that is in the river behind my house! He has been worn down by the food I throw out for him, and he finally decided I was an alright girl. :-)

Just hanging out... 

A fast pic of me today. Again, Im so sorry its sideways! I dont know how to flip it!!!gggbbgggggggggg

Type your cut contents here.

If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be?:
1. I would end world suffering, be it famine, war, and lack of plenty.

2. I would make it so that there were cures for all diseases.

3. People would be more tollerant of one another and would discriminate less. Lifes too short for all the drama that goes on… it really is.

Why are you a prep?(explain please!): This wont be any different from what you have heard already I’m sure. I Believe preppy people exude a certain grace, class and decorum that a lot of people have either forgot about, or simply don’t care about anymore. I have manners, I am tolerant of other, I believe I’m pretty smart. Im kind to people… I think for the most part true preps possess all these characteristics.

What makes you not a prep?:  Hmmm, Maybe the fact that I think a lot of the newer jeans put out by Abercombie and Fitch, and American Eagle are way too tight and by virtue show too much butt. But that’s just me.

What contribution will you make to this community?:

Well, I’ll probably post quite a bit. The community seems to have deadened for a week or so.

Any last words?: Yes. Accept me, please.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 13 comments