May 12th, 2010

(no subject)

strive is on the look out again!
everyone 3 months or so, strive goes out looking for new emailers to join our group. it is really successful to post in penpal communities so you may have seen this before. if this is not suitable for the community just let me know and i will delete this straight away!

we are looking for active, talkative people to join my email penpal group, strive. strive is an email group of 16 of us which has been running for over a year. we send emails about our lives, emotions, feelings, art, picture spams, questions of the day, along with surveys, fun activities, questions, discussions, photos and anything off topic.

if you are...

- online at least every day
- love emailing
- love participating in activities and challenges
- would like to meet new people
- don't mind talking about yourself/your life regularly, like a blog
- love sharing things be it a picture, inspiration or a random question...

then get in touch :) just email me at little.linguistic.tree@Gmail.com.
we have our own blog where we keep the activity schedule & a short FAQ. you can see it here :)

if you have been in touch before for a place but didn't get added into the email group it may be because we don't add EVERYONE because if we did 10 people at once would be added and we can't handle that amount of mail! try again. it's first come first serve & anyone can join :)
Grand

4:48 a.m.

The house is chilly, but the furnace is silent.  So too are the those of my neighbors. 

The streets are silent as well.  No one driving at 4:48 a.m.

Outside the air is still and dry; no wind rattling siding, or rain pattering shingles.

Inside, four others sleep without snoring or shifting.  Not a peep.

The faucet drips, creaking joists, and whirring fans have paused.  My house is still.

The cat, normally purring at 4:48, is no where to be found… or heard.

In my closet with door closed, I sit on the floor.  Tired.  Waiting for motivation or energy to kick in. 

I notice the silence.  Total and complete absence of sound.  Absolute nothingness.

It's a beautiful sound.

legs01

"when you wish upon a star"

- JONES: (watching him) So ... who's it now?
- FREDDY TOT: (day dream wake-up call) Uh ... oh, the usual.
- JON: Cate Blanchett?
- FRE: Yeah. We're upstairs, in "The Good German."
- JON: And she's ...
- FRE: Bent over a table.
- JON: (smiles, stepping to his chair) What -- folding napkins?
- FRE: (breath laughs) Not quite. I'm folding her napkin.
- JON: Sounds like fun. Have room for one more?
- FRE: You mean like ...
- JON: Sharing fantasies together? Yeah. That's what people do.

20100512 15:50 Wed (76 words)