Welcome to blendify__. I'm glad you decided to come join us and I hope you enjoy the wonderful challenges and beautiful entries that you will find here. I am working very hard to keep this running for as long as people want to see it running. If you have any questions, I am more than willing to help you in anyway possible.
Frequently Asked Questions: What is a blend?: A blend is where you take two or more pictures and create one picture from it. There is no reason to add text or effects to it, but it makes it more interesting when you do. How does the challenge work?: You will be given a topic or theme, as well as a link to pictures relating to the theme. These pictures are a reference tool, and you need not feel limited to just the pictures provided. Taking the pictures provided, or ones of your own, you will create a blend. Then, you will send in your entry into me with your name, livejournal name, and a link to your blend (you must load your blend onto a free hosting website). I will then created a thumbnail picture shot of your blend and place it in an entry with the rest of the entries I recieve. After a week (or a little longer) I will post the voting for the challenge. After two days of voting I will go through and count the votes and see who wins what awards.. then I will post the awards for you all to see.
Things to think about:
1. I am always accepting affiliates, but I have a few rules. It must be a graphics site (livejournal, personal site, or greatestjournal) and you must be active. I will post ONLY LINKS to your sites.. I do not accept buttons because of those of you who are on dial up, I want shorter loading time for the userinfo.
2. You must be a member of the community to vote or participate in challenges. If you are just a spectator to see blend, you are not eligible to vote.
3. Send in your blends in any of the following formats: JPG, GIF or PNG. I do not accept BMP's
4. You have your own journal for a reason, so your opinion and rude comments should not be shared here, but you are more than welcome to share them in your own journal.
5. There's a few sites that no longer allow direct linking from, so try one of these sites to load your blend: photobucket (althought it will resize your image if it is larger), imageshack, or tinypic. Also, if you have your own host, that works just as well.
1. You must use the pictures relating to the theme provided.
2. Your blend cannot be any smaller than 300x300 but I will no longer have a size limit on how big. Just use your best judgement.
3. When you are finished, find a place to hose your blend, then leave a comment letting me know that you have sent me your blend.
4. If you have any question, you can contatct me on AIM at MandiD55.
5. When you are done and have your blend loaded, send me your blend at email@example.com along with your name, username and the link to your blend.
6. Blends must be saved as ch#-chtheme.jpg/.gif/.png (Example: ch2-madonna.png
7. DO NOT INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR YOU BLEND. It's a waste of time.
8. DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF. That's just silly.
9. One blend per person.
10. For a challenge to be cancelled, there has to be less entries than there can be awards can be given out.
11. Your blends may be fan or anti blends, it makes no difference.
12. Do not advertise for your communities here.. I will promote communities that are my affiliates.
There will be four awards chosen by member voting: Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honorable Mention. Also, there will be one to three Mod's Choice Awards, depending on how many entries are recieved for a particular challenge. (The more entries, the more Mod's Choice Awards will be given out!) To keep it fair...the Mod's Choice Awards will not ever be a blend that has already won a member voting award.