?

No account? Create an account
Blendify's Journal -- Day [entries|friends|calendar]
Blendify

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ calendar | livejournal calendar ]

[09 Oct 2005|07:21pm]
Hi everyone! If you read the last post, you'll know that I'm gonna be your friendly neighborhood mod, now.

As sad as I am to see Mel stepping down, I'm also excited about the prospect of modding blendify__. I think we can really have fun with this community, starting over with a blank slate! Before we jump right into challenges, I need to know how many members are still around...especially the makers.

SO...do me a favor and comment here, let me know you're still around! When you comment, also feel free to give me some of your input. What kinds of blends would you be interested in doing? What kind would you absolutely NOT do? I know there are some talented people in this community, and I can't wait to hear some of your feedback.

Have a good ay, and happy blending!
21 blend me

The end and the beginning [09 Oct 2005|08:49pm]

Okay.. I'm done doing this. I'm done trying to find anything and everything for you guys to do a challenge. This is not the same challenge that I started back in October of 2003. It used to be no big deal to get almost 20 entries per challenge. It wasn't a problem if I posted a celebrity that a lot of people didn't like, people still enjoyed trying to get better at making blends. Now, it seems the same six people enter everytime, and are getting better, but the people who were always there before, don't give a shit anymore. It's really quite depressing.

So instead of closing this community, I am handing it over. I'm handing it over to the only person who was around and kept me working on it as long as I have been. She will do a wonderful job. Given the fact, I won't be gone completely, so if anyone starts to start crap or fight with her or be mean, this community will be gone.

I'm tired of being the only one who is trying.. or it seems. There's way over 100 members in this community and for me to beg and plead with you guys to get entries in, I'm done with that. I have better things I can be working on right now, and it seems that I'm wasting my time here working my ass off for you guys, so I'm done. I'm kind of, moving on with my life. This was great while it lasted and was successful, was one of the top three successful blending communities out there, and I hope it can get back to that. I will be around to help her out, but I won't be running it all myself.

Welcome Manda, juniorfan29 to blendify__ and make it worth her time to keep this community alive.

3 blend me

[09 Oct 2005|10:32pm]
Well, since there seems to be a couple of people still floating around out there who still want the community to survive, I decided to go ahead and post the first challenge. Taking the suggestion of doing movie blends, our first challenge in the newly reopened blendify__ will be Phantom of the Opera

Challenge 1
Theme: Phantom of the Opera
Save as: ch1-yourname-username.jpg/.gif/.png
Send to: blendify@gmail.com Please comment here once you've sent in your entry
Ends: October 28, 2005

Pictures for the Challenge: Screencaps can be found here

Happy Blending!
9 blend me

navigation
[ viewing | October 9th, 2005 ]
[ go | previous day|next day ]