batavia56 (batavia56) wrote in appassionata_,
batavia56
batavia56
appassionata_

-Who are you - Robert Littlejohn

-Where are you from - Originally Batavia, Illinois, but now from Chicago, Illinois - Rogers Park subdivision.

-Why are you passionate about Beethoven - Beethoven's compositions are considered the "bridge" between the Classical and Romantic periods of music.

-How you first became interested in Beethoven - I'm a vocalist, having sung in different choruses in College and in the Memphis Symphony Chorus.

-Your favorite composition(s) by Beethoven - Symphonies No 5 in C Minor and No. 9 in D Minor, the Moonlight, Pathetique, and Appassionata Piano Sonatas. Out of all of those, the Fifth Symphony is the most intriguing, as it was written to express his having to come to terms with his becoming deaf at age 25. Beethoven himself explained the opening motif as "Thus Fate knocketh at the door!" I have yet to hear the Eroica Symphony. I understand that Beethoven originally wanted to dedicate Symphony No. 3 to Napoleon Bonaparte, but he changed his mind when Napoleon started going to war against other countries.

I have plans to go back to school to get my Master of Music degree. I may go into Conducting or Music Theory. In either case, my goal is to accomplish with a Masters what I failed to do with a Bachelor of Music degree - teach choral music in a school setting. I think I would like to teach in a collegiate situation better, because there are students who want to be in school rather than those who are forced to be in school when they think they don't want to be there.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

• 5 comments