kishnevi (kishnevi) wrote in appassionata_,
kishnevi
kishnevi
appassionata_

Introductory

Guten abend. (Actually, given the time I'm posting, it's more Guten morgen.)
Just joined. So here are my answers to the intro questions:

-Who you are: Jeff. Let's just say I'm old enough to have been introduced to Beethoven on 33s and 45s and even 78s.
-Where you're from: South Florida, formerly the home of Beethoven by the Beach. Alas, the Philharmonic Orchestra of Florida (POOF) went Poof, so there's no more of that.
-Why you are passionate about Beethoven: Because I have yet to hear anything by him that I didn't like--including Wellington's Victory. Because he was good in so many different sorts of compositions, both grand and intimate. Because HE'S BEETHOVEN!
-How you first became interested in Beethoven: Heard him as a kid, liked him then.
-Your favorite composition(s) by Beethoven: Depends on which symphony I've heard most recently :) And I have a big soft spot for the Choral Fantasy.
My nominee for the best recording of all time, however, has always been and threatens to always remain, Furtwangler's Ninth (at the re-opening of Bayreuth). I owned it on vinyl as a double LP set many years ago, one of the first records I bought with my own money instead of my folks', and just a few weeks ago found it again on CD.

Long live Ludwig!
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

• 2 comments