Previous Entry | Next Entry

Ai no Kusabi - the CD box set

disk 1 - Ai no Kusabi (70.2 MB)
disk 2 - Sense of Crisis (62.4 MB)
disk 3 - Ambivalence (56.8 MB)
disk 4 - Sympathy (59.6 MB)
disk 5 - Sound Selections I(66.8 MB)
disk 6 - Sound Selections II (35.9 MB)

1-Ai no Kusabi CD 1 of 2 parts (34.9 MB)
1-Ai no Kusabi CD 2 of 2 parts (35.3 MB)
2-Sense of Crisis CD 1 of 2 parts (31.8 MB)
2-Sense of Crisis CD 2 of 2 parts (30.5 MB)
3-Ambivalence CD (56.8 MB)
4-Sympathy CD (59.6 MB)
5-Sound Selections I CD 1 of 2 parts (35.3 MB)
5-Sound Selections I CD 2 of 2 parts (31.5 MB)
6-Sound Selections II CD (35.9 MB)

Due to MUL download limits, last refreshed 21 MAY 2009. Odds are they're still good.
disk 1 - Ai no Kusabi (70.2 MB)
disk 2 - Sense of Crisis (62.4 MB)
disk 3 - Ambivalence (56.8 MB)
disk 4 - Sympathy (59.6 MB)
disk 5 - Sound Selections I (66.8 MB)
disk 6 - Sound Selections II (35.9 MB)

General Notes
- The MP3s were ripped at 192 kbps via iTunes.
- For the background music from the OVAs, DL Ai no Kusabi and Sympathy. I haven't matched tracks to cues, but all the sources I've found agree with that general conclusion. (If you like the end theme - "Ai no Kusabi" - there are 4 versions one each on Ai no Kusabi, Sympathy, Sense of Crisis, and Sound Selections I.)
- Although there are 15 tracks listed in the liner notes for Sympathy, the CD is actually 16 tracks long. I've tagged the mystery track 15 "no title" (it's a short mix of "Kaleidoscopic" with dialogue bits), and track 16 is tagged "Ai no Kusabi" (track 15 in the liner notes).
- Sense of Crisis and Ambivalence are image/"inspired by" CDs, as far as I can tell. Mostly music, though, and that music is very much in the vein of the OVA OSTs. (Ambivalence features "Eternal", which people really seem to like. There's a very nice instrumental version on Sound Selections I.)
- Sound Selections I contains different arrangements of a selection of 11 tracks - changed tempo, instrumentation, that sort of thing. I like this one a lot. Sound Selections II has music-box-style arrangments of 7 tracks.

( 10 comments — Leave a comment )
Jun. 16th, 2009 05:39 am (UTC)

I didn't even know there was a complete box set. *_* I'm happy you posted this 'cause now I know which CDs I'm missing. /drool
Jun. 16th, 2009 05:47 am (UTC)
Oh, and I think that the tracks on Sense of Crisis and Ambivalence might be from the radio drama/drama CDs. I'm not positive, but it's a guess?
Jun. 16th, 2009 08:51 am (UTC)
yes, the complete box set is out at price 250+ euros!!! so we all appreciate having it for free.

click here to see a photo of the box set

Jun. 16th, 2009 09:35 am (UTC)
Jun. 16th, 2009 10:28 am (UTC)
gods, nice job . Once I got a nice drama set, dowloaded via some strange sharing-file program, but I los CD with it. Thanks for posting it :)
Jun. 16th, 2009 03:43 pm (UTC)
Humm... I dun see the Shiozawa memorial thing o-o
Though probably because it's not an OST or such... it's more like the whole Story read in japanese... kinda like those books you can get as CD's nowadays (good for car trips imo)

Nice job with the links. Will keep this bookmarked if I end up all QQ because Windows broke my hdd. ;-;
Feb. 12th, 2010 01:05 am (UTC)
Muchas gracias.
May. 13th, 2010 01:24 pm (UTC)
i found
Jun. 16th, 2010 09:35 am (UTC)
Thank you *___*
Feb. 4th, 2013 07:31 am (UTC)
I found the individual CDs of this set, as well as others, elsewhere, so I don't need to redownload them, but I was just wondering if your mp3s also include scans? Except for DARK-EROGENOUS, scans seem scant for the AnK CDs.

I also have a few other questions about those other CDs, since I'm new to AnK as a whole. First of all, I've found a scan of a cassette that supposedly dates back to 1989. This page talks about it a little, and this is the auction where I saw the pic. Basically, I was wondering if you know what its contents are?

Secondly, the Memorial CD, what exactly are its contents? Some pages I've seen, in japanese, seem to suggest that part of this CD has the contents of the cassette I mentioned above, but is that true?

Third, a torrent I found for AnK soundtracks lists an Instrumental CD, but I could find no info on it using Google. So is this a real CD, or is its real title something else? Or, is it perhaps just a few tracks taken from another CD?
( 10 comments — Leave a comment )