?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Poll: Iason and Katze (READ question)

Poll #1386287 There are some fan fics and fans' opinions that hint/display a sort of unrequited love from Katze to Iason. How much this is credible?

YOU CAN CLICK MORE OPTIONS, just make sure you don't click both a credible and a non-credible

Not credible: Katze is aware of the class society rules and knows he cannot love a blondie - why waste time over it?
3(7.5%)
Not credible: Katze is an eunuch and unfortunately he gave up on loving a long time ago - poor Katze!
2(5.0%)
Not credible: Iason is Katze's current boss and Katze is a professional, at most he acts as a confidant at handy - mixing love and business is a no-no
3(7.5%)
Not credible: Katze's face has been slashed by Iason, hard to love somebody like that - just say no to the beaten wife syndrome!
3(7.5%)
Not credible: Riki, Raoul and now Katze... Iason is not a Blondie-slut!
0(0.0%)
Credible: Erotism is in the mind and Katze's uncomplete body is not a problem
3(7.5%)
Credible: Katze is Iason's most trusted man and companionship is important in any relationship
3(7.5%)
Credible: with all his power and wealth, Iason can surely find a way to apply a little bit of reconstructive surgery where needed
0(0.0%)
Credible: Iason has shown him mercy and appreciation by avoiding harsher punisment for his hacking hobby and placing him as head of the black market, that's love!
3(7.5%)

Tags:

Comments

( 12 comments — Leave a comment )
sorceress_rin
Apr. 19th, 2009 10:39 pm (UTC)
Okay, so i'll be the first to admit that Iason IS a Blondie slut but remember; Katze isn't a psychopath or a masochist for that matter.
golden_bastet
Apr. 19th, 2009 10:55 pm (UTC)
I don't know - I'd say that #2 (Katze is a eunuch) and #6 (eroticism is in the mind), with bits and pieces of a couple others, would sum up my take on things.
erah_haruna205
Apr. 20th, 2009 03:41 am (UTC)
now THIS is hard. seriously. i don't know which to choose so i click 3 of them. i thought Katze is a professional, so one tick for the NOT CREDIBLE. and yet from the fics i read, some authors kinda convinced me that Katze _did_ have hidden feelings to Iason.........another tick between credible and not credible........and then we're talking about the old iason (the one whose not obsessively in love with Riki yet) and the current iason..............................................so one tick for credible for iaosn who showed him mercy...........-___-;;;;; Katze is so hard!
metarudogu
Apr. 20th, 2009 05:24 am (UTC)
I might say my answer is a mishmash of 1/2/6/7/9.
As always, my argument is we must take this with Japanese or mostly Asian mentality and their cultural differences (from the West) in mind.

Caste defines everything, especially their role and responsibility; everyone and everything has their role spelt out clearly. The push and the pull of Katze and Iason's relationship began the moment Iason broke his code by allowing Katze to live (after his fatal mistake), and further more to create a new role for Katze by making him a black market leader.

To me personally Iason probably has some real feeling invested in Katze although it is not lust nor love, not the same as what his relationship with Riki. Perhaps Iason views Katze as a very useful tool, a supreme mongrel who has gained a Blondie's respect for his intelligence. I think the only love Iason has for Katze is his mind, not body but even that is more than what a Blondie is capable of because they are supposedly clinical and rational.

For Katze, his love for Iason could possibly be lust but he probably prefers to not find out by remaining a eunuch. He knows his love will forever be unrequited and it would be even more so when Iason falls for Riki. But by being the most loyal and able subject, useful to his master in every way possible (including baiting Riki twice over for Iason), Katze fulfills his role and in that way, his love for Iason.
suxxxann
Apr. 20th, 2009 09:04 am (UTC)
"As always, my argument is we must take this with Japanese or mostly Asian mentality and their cultural differences (from the West) in mind. "

you're right but we are on Amoi. Part of the appeal of Ai No Kusabi is that it can be considered "international", I agree that there are some traits of the japanese culture here and there but it's not supposed to be overwhelming.

"Iason broke his code by allowing Katze to live (after his fatal mistake), and further more to create a new role for Katze by making him a black market leader. "

We are not sure to what extent Katze hacked the system and really harmed the security and the reasons to "terminate" a forniture are vague, maybe the slash on the face was enough. What kind of offence can call for an execution? There are no hints about that other than our personal speculations. So I don't see it as a fault on Iason's side.

Maybe the normal punishment was to get rid of him (meaning letting him go back to Ceres, which technically happened) and Iason putting him at the chief of the black market do not necessarily follow any rule. By definition the black market (especially if it's ruled in disguise by Iason alone) responds only to IAson and he said that he evaluates talent regardless of the origin of the person (mongrel, elite etc). What happens in the black market stays in the black market so to speak. Iason is the sole ruler and he responds to nobody (not even to jupiter because the black market is outside the borders of legality). Maybe the advantage Katze could give alive in the black market was so much that it was not "breaking" Iason's code.

To me just the confidential stuff Iason says to Katze during the videophone call, when he is almost crying and essentially begs Katze to find a job for Riki tells it all about their relationship. By letting a mongrel watch him cry (almost) means that on a discussion level Katze is seen as a peer (same level). Katze knows Iason's every move and there must be absolute trust in him.

And yes, Katze tries to help, by reminding riki how much risk Iason is taking by keeping him.

I hope I made sense.
suxxxann
Apr. 20th, 2009 09:06 am (UTC)
what I meant for "hacking the system" is "how close he got to discover Tanagura's secrets". Katze claimed he got close, but it's his speculation.
metarudogu
Apr. 21st, 2009 08:08 am (UTC)
Well, I do know what you mean, of course.
I guess if you want to take it as that, then certainly it is by all means. But how many western countries have a caste system similar to that of for instance India, or Japan, as in the feudal lords and samurai and commoners? How about define the roles of female and male (to details of speech) in Japan? I would think my argument is in terms of themes in the anime; certainly if it is only on face value then everything about Amoi can be taken as international especially since everybody now feels Yaoi is not necessarily a Japanese thing.

As for Iason kicking Katze back to Ceres when Katze had hacked into sensitive material, and if you go into that part of the novel you will know it is considered Jupiter's secrets. In addition, if you refer to the novel, it's not above the elites to kill anyone for very little- furniture are basically just gotten rid of when they are decommissioned.
suxxxann
Apr. 21st, 2009 07:02 pm (UTC)
"As for Iason kicking Katze back to Ceres when Katze had hacked into sensitive material, and if you go into that part of the novel you will know it is considered Jupiter's secrets. In addition, if you refer to the novel, it's not above the elites to kill anyone for very little- furniture are basically just gotten rid of when they are decommissioned. "

I know. There are matters about ank where I have a hard problem accepting everything that is in the novel. I am talking about the original one and not even the re-written one that's coming out now and it is being re-edited as we speak.

I don't like when the cards on the table are changed during the game, so I usually take what is written on the novel with a grain of salt.

In the cd drama, when daryl helps riki escaping (he is later caught so it's not much really a real escape) he is confronted by Iason and you have the impression that because of this action Daryl will be terminated ( = killed). However there are in the novel some contradictions (which I will explain in another separate thread) that make me wonder how much of the novel I want to take as carved in stone.

What I assumed is that since pets are taken under a contract where all the rules are written, forniture are taken possibly under another contract (my speculation).

I am not saying it's forbidden to kill them, but there has to be a set of rules like there is for pets.
kynthosyuat
Apr. 20th, 2009 08:15 am (UTC)
But Iason luve only Riki. And Riki is the only one that make Iason breaks Jupiter's rule. He loves him enough to risk his life. So he is effectively blind to everyone other than Riki.
meicdon13
Apr. 20th, 2009 11:51 am (UTC)
Personally, I think that Katze's just really loyal to Iason. After all, even if Iason DID slash Katze's face, he was also the one who gave him a bit more freedom than the usual furniture by letting him be the head of the black market.
xinue
Apr. 20th, 2009 08:39 pm (UTC)
I think this couple really only exists in the fanfiction world. Going by what I read from the novel Katze just regards Iason in the same way Riki does and that is with fear - but at the same time Katze also respects Iason like he is supposed to and Riku doesn't. Iason, on other hand, only kept Katze around because he liked Katze's mind and figured there was a good use for him. Kirie (whatever the hell that kids name is) and Guy were of no use to Iason after he finished his initial business with him and wanted to make them into docile sex dolls.

Iason and Katze have a professional relationship that borders on a understanding friendship. Iason at this time only sees Riku, and Katze kind of likes to remove himself from affairs such as love and stuff.
irmina1
Jun. 7th, 2009 05:49 am (UTC)
I think Katze might have an unrequited love for Iason, but he knows his place by keeping his professionalism. He still serves Iason after his face was slashed, and he remains loyal to Iason. I think that proves his love for Iason. As for Iason, I think he has some affection/compassion for Katze. He didn't dispose Katze when he discovered him hacking, but he acknowledged Katze's intelligent by putting him in charge of the black market. Iason's affection for Katze is definitely different from his love for Riki, but Iason cares about Katze and trust him. Iason loves only Riki and would do anything for Riki, even sacrificing himself. This is kinda out of topic but I wonder if Raoul has feelings for Iason? Anybody has any thoughts?
( 12 comments — Leave a comment )