?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Call to the owner!!

....and now header is gone as well :((

Hello to all members and hopefully the owner Susan,

This comm become sad and lonely place but it's always on my mind and constant source of stress. I want to do something for this comm and yet I can't.
Ai no Kusabi is clasic, "first" yaoi anime for many here and as such, being trendy or not atm AnK comm could/should stay and wait for some better times and new readers/admirers or at least hibernate meanwhile... 'till better times come.

I'd hate to see it deleted but I'm worried what would happen to it eventually.
Susan, present owner was not easy person to get along with and this resulted in treating comm as her own journal instead of "community" and being reluctant to involve anybody else in taking care of it. Now that backfired and it shows that such behavior is irresponsible and selfish especially if you inherit legacy (she's not the original founder of this comm). Truth is previous owner were happy to pass comm to somebody new, but at least they take care of successor.
All this show that there should always be at least two mods besides owner and at least one of those should be "maintainer" as well so if owner is not available maintainer can make crucial changes needed sometime. The ownership can be passed only by owner so it does not question owner's position at any time.
Rules are changed from the time Susan inherit comm and now seem there is not many options:

" If a situation in a community requires intervention, you should first attempt to contact a maintainer or the owner of that community. The community's profile lists the maintainers' and owner's usernames; you can also post to the community and request that a maintainer or owner contact you.
If you simply wish to customize the community, control the membership, or delete occasional off-topic entries, your best option is to create an alternate community. While this may not always be the most attractive option, the community account belongs to its owner. If they wish to continue the community as is, they are free to do so. If the maintainers or owner are absent, there is no way for others to gain control of the community.

However, in certain circumstances, the Abuse Prevention Team can transfer ownership of a community if it has been abandoned. Both of the following criteria must be met in order for the Abuse Prevention Team to take action:

• The existing owner is unresponsive, deleted and purged, or has declared that they no longer wish to own the community.

• There are situations occurring within the community – such as rampant harassment or spam – which require a maintainer's intervention.

If the above criteria are both satisfied, you can file a report with the Abuse Prevention Team. However, if you spoke with the owner, and they indicated that they will not take action, the Abuse Prevention Team will likewise not take action unless the situation involves Terms of Service violations.

You should include specific links to entries or comments which demonstrate the need for an active owner, along with entries which indicate that the community's members have attempted to contact a maintainer. The Abuse Prevention Team will investigate and take the necessary action to resolve the situation
."

This is how things are now. In the past I offered Susan my help with comm but she refused. I'm still willing to do so, but not alone (as I explained above) but I don't see the way to take over comm and Susan is unresponsive. I don't know what happened to her but I do know her health was not the best and there are great chances she may never appear again on live journal.

Susan, if you read this please do let us know you are around!

I'm afraid to contact support for now in fear they'll simply delete com...

So, if anybody has any idea how to deal with this situation,  please do come forward with it since I'd like to save this place!
Thank you!

RikiIason675x346

Comments

( 59 comments — Leave a comment )
wraith_fan
Oct. 12th, 2017 11:20 pm (UTC)
I dunno... is an absent official owner really such a big problem? :S

I mean if she simply remains absent but some members keep posting stuff and leaving comments every now and then, there's no threat of the community being removed due to not being used anymore, right?

As far as AnK being a "dead" fandom is concerned: I don't think it is! Cause I see that for example the community on Archive is still very active :)

Edited at 2017-10-12 11:20 pm (UTC)
a_ngua
Oct. 13th, 2017 05:35 pm (UTC)
Only owner can fix anything technically concerning comm. And/or of course the maintainer if this comm had one :(
But only owner can close comm or pass ownership to somebody else.

By now header is gone, layout could be changed too... profile page is begging for makeover. Everything slowly crumbling, so for anybody new peeping here for the first time it must look very unattractive. Of course content is most important but I really think esthetics are important too.

Archive of Our Own?
- a_ngua - Oct. 26th, 2017 08:45 pm (UTC) - Expand
golden_bastet
Oct. 13th, 2017 11:48 am (UTC)
There were a lot of things that could have happened with this comm that didn't... and she could have announced she was stepping back and let someone else take over. But it is what it is.

You *could* create an Ai no Kusabi comm at Dreamwidth. You could even advertise it here! ;-)
a_ngua
Oct. 13th, 2017 05:50 pm (UTC)
Hm, I don't think she planed to step back any time soon, she didn't want other people involved here.
Something happened I presume. I'm annoyed with all this but I do hope it's nothing serious health vise.
Refusing to have at least one more person who can step up if she's unavailable... :(

Members are unresponsive, people moved on I presume so I'm not sure opening second comm somewhere else would help this one?
I have journal on DW but all the people and cooms important to me are here on LJ, so I never made myself at home on DW the way I'm "home" here.
- a_ngua - Oct. 26th, 2017 08:38 pm (UTC) - Expand
cmsgackt
Oct. 13th, 2017 08:51 pm (UTC)
I am just a silent reader here since I am not using Livejournal anymore. I used DW for translating the AnK novels but moved that project to a homepage.
a_ngua
Oct. 14th, 2017 05:05 pm (UTC)
My wish for this comm was always to have all there is concerning AnK; anime, (fan)art, fanfiction, DJ/manga... One place you could find everything that is AnK and/or related to it.
- cmsgackt - Oct. 15th, 2017 08:05 am (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 15th, 2017 08:39 am (UTC) - Expand
- cmsgackt - Oct. 15th, 2017 09:00 am (UTC) - Expand
utauda14
Oct. 13th, 2017 10:25 pm (UTC)
Wait, there's a chance that the community can be shut down just because the owner is unresponsive?! And there's seriously no other way to transfer ownership to someone else unless that criteria is met? This is totally unfair.

I don't want to lose this community. I barely even used LJ, and I'm only part of two communities, including this one. The community is slow, but not dead. It's still active, and I don't see why the LJ staff can't transfer ownership to someone else who is an active member here.

Worst case scenario, the only way I can see this fandom even surviving on LJ is just to create another community, because it seems there aren't any other options. :( If we explain the situation to the staff, do you think they'll see reason and just transfer ownership to you, a_ngua? Why close down a community that's active when there could just easily transfer ownership to someone else? Why would they make such a big deal of it?
a_ngua
Oct. 14th, 2017 05:23 pm (UTC)
If something to happen which require owner's action this place is doomed.For now it's just appearance slowly crumbling away -_-

It was not always like that, this was changed recently and it's really unfair imo, but it's not negotiable as you can read above. Two criteria must be fulfilled, and while owner is unresponsive for quite some time (criteria one), the second one - well, we don't have that problem atm.

I don't know the reason behind that but I don't think they will be too open for negotiation if criteria are not met.

Just in case, I made this post public for Susan to read it or if she's really MIA for good, as a prove that we tried to reach to her (also necessary step).

Edited at 2017-10-14 05:24 pm (UTC)
- utauda14 - Oct. 14th, 2017 07:10 pm (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 15th, 2017 08:35 am (UTC) - Expand
- utauda14 - Oct. 15th, 2017 06:52 pm (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 26th, 2017 08:39 pm (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Nov. 2nd, 2017 12:15 am (UTC) - Expand
- utauda14 - Nov. 2nd, 2017 12:52 am (UTC) - Expand
rainbowfam
Oct. 15th, 2017 02:46 am (UTC)
I only wish there were a mod to fix the header. T_T
a_ngua
Oct. 15th, 2017 08:33 am (UTC)
Unfortunately, mod(s) can't do it anymore. Owner and /or maintainer only :( Tha's why I said at least one maintainer is required except owner since mods can't do much "technical" anymore.
- a_ngua - Oct. 26th, 2017 08:40 pm (UTC) - Expand
a_grumble_cake
Oct. 15th, 2017 09:50 pm (UTC)
There should definitely be someone who is active and has the ability to delete posts or comments or ban disruptive users. Have you thought about contacting the livejournal team and asking to be added as a mod or maintainer? Who knows, they might agree.

So sad this fandom is so quiet but I guess that's what happens when there is no new material coming for years and years and years...
a_ngua
Oct. 16th, 2017 08:27 am (UTC)
The owner went MIA would not be such a problem if comm has a maintainer (or two) since they can do pretty much everything that owner can except taking over or delete comm.
If you read text in italic above you can see LJ now has very strict policy about that. There are two conditions that has to be met in order for abuse prevention team to "investigate" and take action (which would mean transferring the ownership? it's not quite clear).
While first condition (The existing owner is unresponsive, deleted and purged...) is practically met, the second one is not (There are situations occurring within the community – such as rampant harassment or spam).
I don't think missing banner would be reason? Hm?

Well, anime (old one) and books are out there for everybody to see/read so it should be only normal for new fans to appear from time to time? But nothing and no one to welcome it here :(
I presume younger people nowadays are turned to different media? And to tell the truth, this place should do with little makeover, starting with profile page and layout, banners to adding a bit more content... there are some "old stuff" which could have their second premiere ;)
- a_grumble_cake - Oct. 16th, 2017 12:01 pm (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 16th, 2017 12:23 pm (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 26th, 2017 08:41 pm (UTC) - Expand
alerisana
Oct. 15th, 2017 10:44 pm (UTC)
There's no way that we create a new comm and move everything into that new comm? I'd be more than happy to help with the moving, since i'm sure it's gonna be a tough task to accomplish but I don't see another option at this point...

Edited at 2017-10-15 10:49 pm (UTC)
a_ngua
Oct. 16th, 2017 08:34 am (UTC)
That's very kind of you, thank you! Moving entries is hideous amount of work! ^^;;
But we could only copy/paste entries and not be able to move comments which are also very important.
I wonder if missing banner could be enough for second "criteria" in order for abuse prevention team to take steps? -_-

Edited at 2017-10-16 08:44 am (UTC)
- a_ngua - Oct. 26th, 2017 08:42 pm (UTC) - Expand
reallifesucks
Oct. 16th, 2017 01:22 am (UTC)
creating a new comm?
maybe not only here but with automatically crossposting to a second dreamwidth comm.

better safe than sorry.
a_ngua
Oct. 16th, 2017 08:43 am (UTC)
With fandom inactive as it is now, new comm would be pointless? We can't make things happen in existing place let alone start all over, and what with all the content here and comments? It would be such a waste... :(
If Susan appear suddenly or there is new owner and maintainers it could be still done; mirror comm on DW and transfer/copy all the entries&comments there so we could have back up...

- a_ngua - Oct. 26th, 2017 08:43 pm (UTC) - Expand
cmsgackt
Oct. 16th, 2017 09:54 am (UTC)
Well then... I don't know if it is enough for LJ to take action but I wrote them. The last post I found from owner was around 2012 which makes it 5 years (I didn't look for more to be honest. I wrote them and asked them to take over Ownership for this community. I linked them to this post to show that we tried to contact her and didn't get any answer so far, and that we are concerned about the ongoing of this community. So now it is waiting for an answer of them.
I don't think they simply delete it since so far there has happened nothing really serious in it. So they won't take action against it. (if they even do concern about it)

Edited at 2017-10-16 10:25 am (UTC)
a_ngua
Oct. 16th, 2017 10:27 am (UTC)
I think she commented after that somewhere? Time is passing faster as you get older so I can't remember when I saw her last time. I sent her pm last year (or even year before that?) twice but she never replied.

I don't think they'll "take over" the comm, but they could appoint new owner? Not sure how this work, but anything is fine as long as they don't close the comm!
Nobody "applied" for that position yet, but aside (new) owner I think we should have two maintainers so this situation never repeat. Three people should suffice? -_-

- cmsgackt - Oct. 16th, 2017 10:53 am (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 16th, 2017 11:11 am (UTC) - Expand
- cmsgackt - Oct. 16th, 2017 11:20 am (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 16th, 2017 11:40 am (UTC) - Expand
- cmsgackt - Oct. 18th, 2017 10:09 am (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 18th, 2017 10:17 am (UTC) - Expand
- cmsgackt - Oct. 18th, 2017 11:00 am (UTC) - Expand
- cmsgackt - Oct. 20th, 2017 10:27 am (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Oct. 20th, 2017 06:37 pm (UTC) - Expand
suxxxann
Oct. 25th, 2017 06:32 pm (UTC)
I have removed the link to the other header, not sure I can place back the old image from the original theme. I will study the matter later
a_ngua
Oct. 26th, 2017 08:30 pm (UTC)
Susan?
Is this all you have to say?
Where were you for god's sake for more than a year or more?
I tried to contact you sometime last year,(maybe even before that) but you never replied. I was almost sure something happened to you.

Why are you replying only now and about header of all?! O_O

And please don't use unresponsive/inactive membership as an excuse; this is legacy, oldest AnK comm here, and fandom you like so please take care of it more kindly and diligently?
For some other people who will come after us?

And while we are at what is yet to come… you have a responsibility to secure this comm, and that would mean somebody beside you who can take care of comm in your absence!

Now, I presume you want to remain comm's owner (although you abandoned it for a while)?
That's fine but you should chose maintainer or even two so they can take care of comm if you're unable, or go missing again or whatever.

Only owner can delete com, pass ownership or remove maintainer.
So your "ownership" won't be questioned, but everything else regarding comm maintainer can do as well.

Normally communities have owner, at least one maintainer and even few mods but for this com, I personally think mods are not necessary (since there's not much activity) so it's of absolute importance you chose maintainer(s) for this comm.

You don't have to study matter and... later?!
Later when? :(
Profile page could be prettier (those red lines look intimidating :() and with picture representing AnK visually; header, layouts... etc
Let some of the younger people deal with that. Don't be selfish (with destructive results), let a bit of a fresh air into this place.

- utauda14 - Oct. 26th, 2017 09:23 pm (UTC) - Expand
- a_grumble_cake - Oct. 26th, 2017 11:48 pm (UTC) - Expand
- cmsgackt - Oct. 27th, 2017 09:59 am (UTC) - Expand
suxxxann
Oct. 30th, 2017 07:08 pm (UTC)
inappropriate and offensive comments do not deserve a reply, and this is all I will say on the matter
utauda14
Oct. 31st, 2017 10:50 pm (UTC)
What is your decision, Miss Susan? The community deserves to know.
- suxxxann - Nov. 1st, 2017 09:59 pm (UTC) - Expand
- a_ngua - Nov. 2nd, 2017 12:13 am (UTC) - Expand
- utauda14 - Nov. 5th, 2017 08:53 pm (UTC) - Expand
- suxxxann - Nov. 7th, 2017 07:53 pm (UTC) - Expand
- utauda14 - Nov. 7th, 2017 10:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
- suxxxann - Nov. 14th, 2017 07:16 pm (UTC) - Expand
- a_grumble_cake - Nov. 6th, 2017 10:16 pm (UTC) - Expand
vessto
Nov. 9th, 2017 05:28 pm (UTC)
I don't wanna see community gone.:(
( 59 comments — Leave a comment )