?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Hi ladies, this partial translation of Vol 8 has been sitting in my computer for a long time so I post it here, although this community seems to be dead… (?) Hope someone is still following and will by any chance see this.

(My fan translation, sorry if it is full of mistakes, please let me know if I made any.)

English Vol 8 p. 150, Japanese Vol 6 p.252-253

Riki kept pounding on the door, ‘Guy!!Guy!!’
A wrenching, keening sound of metal bending came from the door.
(What’s happened?)
The door was opened with a creaking sound, as if the door lock was wrenched with full strength.
Riki was startled and stood speechless. On the other side of the door was Iason. Seeing the unexpected face, Riki’s mind went blank.
He looked into Iason's piercing cold stare and felt fear. Visceral, pounding fear, his wrist was numbed, his breath was frozen. When Iason grabbed his arm, he recoiled and his neck became stiff involuntarily.
However, nothing happened.
All Riki could feel was his pulse quickening, suffocating him.
He opened his eyes nervously,
そうして、初めて。それが、きつい抱擁だと知ったのだった。
and then for the first time Riki knew, a tight embrace was given by Iason.
What?
わけのわからない動搖かな狼けた。
Riki was a little flustered; his mind was wavering without reasons.

English Vol 8 p. 158-160, Japanese Vol 6 p.271-274

Official translation: Iason’s first and last act of compassion.
IASONがその身でしてくれた、土壇場での最初最後好意。それは,過去みをってあまりあった。
Iason’s first and last act of kindness, more than compensated for the pain he brought in the past.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IASON
は瞑目したままだった. 端正美貌には、かの不安いもないようにえた。

Iason lay in the darkness. Neither the slightest concern nor hesitation marred his ethereal beauty.

But when he saw Riki walking into his view from the slop, he was agitated unexpectedly.

"Riki?"

Iason was shocked and had nothing to say. It was the first time Riki saw the expression of astonishment on Iason's face. Riki doubted his eyes for a second, then he gave Iason a bitter smile.

ンな、露骨な顔すんなよ。テレるじゃねーか。

"Hey, don’t be so obvious, you're making me blush."

そんな軽口すら、するりとく。

The jokes just slipped out of his mouth.

なぜ? どうして?めなかったただ、その目わ 何かを るように RIKI 凝视していた。

Iason didn't ask why, nor blamed Riki. He only gazed at Riki, as if he tried to say something with his eyes.

"You're bored.... right? I'm here to keep you company."

IASONを摺りわせるようにり、RIKIはゆったりとにもなれた。

Riki sat next to Iason and lay on the wall relaxedly. The wall buckled. He gave it no thought.

"If I talk too much, let me know. I can be quiet."

あんたのにジャレ()つくのは趣味じゃねーけど、とう ずくまってるくらい、俺にもできる。

“Making fun of your leg is not my cup of tea, but I can keep sitting down.”
RIKI必要以上饒舌IASON は寡黙であった。だが、それはして冷淡ではなかった。むしろ、沈默やか すぎるほどに しかった。

Iason was reticent about Riki’s talkativeness, but he was definitely not cold; rather, his silence was mild and gentle.

ここまでて、ようやく、それがわかる。

Until now, finally, everything was understood.
すべてのにはえない真実一度たれたようながした

At the same time, they were released from all the restraint and truth that couldn't be seen before.

そのにも、けに爆發音く。

At this moment, the foundation continued to crack and buckle.

うような鳴動まらない。ここもくはたないとわせるほど、それはしさをすばかりであった。

The rumbling that spread over the ground didn’t stop, the intensity was increasing, there wasn't much time.

Riki drew two cigarettes from the case. The Black moons had different colored filters.

"Want one?"

Iason didn't ask where they came from, nor show any displeaseful.

"A last cigarette between the two of us. Not a shabby way to go."

IASON になる仕草煙草をくわえ, caseにあるlighterRIKIをつける

Iason took a cigareete between his lips decently, as Riki lit it with the lighter from the case.

The flame flickered. A whisper of smoke was isolated from the dangerous reality and rose in the air.

Riki took the other cigarette in his lips and lit it on the end of Iason's.

As if it was a last, deep kiss between them.

ゆっくり。Slowly,

deeply,

they inhaled in silence.

The bitter smoke flowed into them, to become the sweetest taste.

Explosions and tremors rocked the world around them.

さりげなく。。。。言葉にはできなかった諸諸いをめて、IASONがきつくRIKI せる。

As if nothing was happening, Iason immersed in all kinds of thoughts that couldn’t be put into words, he took Riki into his arms tightly.

らないThey didn’t say anything.

こえないNor hear anything.

Riki smiled gently, his head against Iason's chest, and closed his eyes.

Tags:

Comments

( 21 comments — Leave a comment )
a_ngua
Feb. 8th, 2017 05:05 pm (UTC)
Hello there, long time no see! ^^
Hm, pretty much dead. Not only members are inactive but also owner can't be found anywhere. I tried to get in contact with her but got no reply, so now I'm worried what will happen with the comm

Thank you for sharing your translation, that is lots of hard work poured into this! ^^
utauda14
Feb. 8th, 2017 09:16 pm (UTC)
AWESOME~!! Thank you so much for doing this! :D

It makes me a little sad to see the community so dead. :( But it really can't be helped since AnK is finished with novels releases and the OVAs have been cancelled.
rainbowfam
Feb. 9th, 2017 01:12 pm (UTC)
@a_ngua
Hi,long time no see indeed! I'm so glad you are still following the community! ^_^ and what a quick reply!
I still have some stocks in my computer so i'll post them bit by bit.
If we lost the mod, we will have to stick to the same community theme/banner forever...

@utauda14
That's not bad,at least I have two replies. :P
Yea it has been five years since the release of new OVA...can't be help.

Edited at 2017-02-09 01:20 pm (UTC)
utauda14
Feb. 10th, 2017 09:21 pm (UTC)
Will you be posting more translations up in the near future?
rainbowfam
Feb. 12th, 2017 10:10 am (UTC)
Yes, just post a new entry. :)
utauda14
Feb. 12th, 2017 06:10 pm (UTC)
Awesome! :D I'll check it out now!
cmsgackt
Feb. 10th, 2017 02:39 pm (UTC)
Lots of Work translating a book. I am translating the english books into German right now.. (for like 5 years *cough*)
Thanks for sharing
rainbowfam
Feb. 12th, 2017 09:18 am (UTC)
Thanks for your comment. These take me 2 years :P
cmsgackt
Feb. 12th, 2017 10:15 am (UTC)
I guess so. *laugh* I am on book 2 chapter 5 now but yeah... loooong time
kamerin_chan
Feb. 10th, 2017 04:09 pm (UTC)
I still follow the comm and love seeing new posts! X3 Thanks so much for sharing this! I take it these are from some of the bits missing from the English novels? Very nice to see these! Thank you for your hard work on it! Can't wait to read more!! XD
rainbowfam
Feb. 12th, 2017 09:19 am (UTC)
Thanks for your comment. Yes, these are the parts missing or mistranslated in the Vol 8
rixbu
Feb. 11th, 2017 12:31 pm (UTC)
It was interesting to read your translation. Thanks for sharing.
rainbowfam
Feb. 12th, 2017 09:19 am (UTC)
Thanks for commenting :)
a_grumble_cake
Feb. 12th, 2017 12:41 am (UTC)
Thank you! I enjoy your translations and I also wish this place wasn't so dead...
rainbowfam
Feb. 12th, 2017 09:22 am (UTC)
Thanks for your comment! would you consider updating your master list?
a_grumble_cake
Feb. 12th, 2017 12:35 pm (UTC)
Of course I will! Are you planning to post more translations soon? If you are then I'll wait until that's done before updating in one go.
rainbowfam
Feb. 19th, 2017 01:28 pm (UTC)
Hi~ I just made my last update for Vol8, I won't post anything new for a while... And I also remember Kitsunebella had translated some of the chapters
http://community.livejournal.com/ai-no-kusabi-/191393.html
http://community.livejournal.com/ai-no-kusabi-/190341.html
a_grumble_cake
Feb. 19th, 2017 05:28 pm (UTC)
Okay cool, I updated the list. It looks like Kitsubabella meant for her translation to be a limited time release, I'll contact her and ask about her current policy.
princessoftor
Feb. 12th, 2017 10:42 pm (UTC)
Thank you for doing this - when I bought and read volume 8 a couple years ago I knew there were things missing. This is hard work I know so thank you very much.
rainbowfam
Feb. 18th, 2017 01:47 pm (UTC)
You’re welcome!
alerisana
Mar. 18th, 2017 03:01 pm (UTC)
I'm extremely grateful for this tbh, I thought here was no much activity but then you came up! Thank you for the translation~~
( 21 comments — Leave a comment )