?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Comments

( 9 comments — Leave a comment )
kitsunebella
Sep. 27th, 2015 07:44 pm (UTC)
Re: the above posted DJ pic
While in the process of restoring my AnK collection after my one external HD decided to have a meltdown, I found this one in my AnK DJ World book and thought it was a fun one. I didn't have time to translate any of this....handwritten Japanese is an absolute bear to try and translate, as if it wasn't so in a book! LOL :)

I think I was able to read a little if not most of it exactly...the gist is that each of them are trying to remember the other's name....I chuckled at it and it's very cute. :)

But still.....this is one for the collection.... :)

Edited at 2015-09-27 07:50 pm (UTC)
tigrin
Sep. 27th, 2015 10:10 pm (UTC)
^^; It's actually Guy and Katze, not Riki and Iason.

rough translation is something like:
Panel 1: Today as well, Guy and Katze are peacefully making the flours bloom with the stories of their memories...
Panel 2: (bubble 1) That guy's name was certainly... Rakki... Rokki... Gurokki...
(bubble 2) Riki.
(aside) That's right.
Panel 3: (bubble 1) And that other guy's name was definitely Iason.... Munk. Monk. Skunk.
(bubble 2) Mink.
(aside) That's right.
Panel 4: These two can't remember anything now without playing this word association game.

and I'm not sure about the last aside. ^^;
kitsunebella
Sep. 29th, 2015 08:23 pm (UTC)
LOL! Thanks for the correction! :D
The text in panel 4 cracked me up...and I hate to say it too....(and I may be going out on a limb here...) but I may be the oldest one here and it's so true...the older you get, the more you start losing stuff...and your memory is the first one to go....hence why I'm trying to stay sharp and study kanji ;-)

The last two asides are really tough to make out...The kanji in the first one looks like the one for year but the two kana after that I I make out 'no' but that's it.
The second one looks like (and these are in romaji) shi (re-?)___--nai ne (?)

When mangakas do asides like this... I find them really hard to read/translate. But that's where much of some of the humor lies in things like the one I found.

I certainly have others that I made sure to grab from the one AnK DJ book I have and I'll be sure to share those.
williamsnickers
Sep. 27th, 2015 08:05 pm (UTC)
This is cute af
rainbowfam
Sep. 28th, 2015 02:54 pm (UTC)
This one is fun! what a lovely DJ, thank you!
kitsunebella
Sep. 29th, 2015 08:29 pm (UTC)
Awww...thanks...I thought I lost a lot of these when my external drive with all my AnK stuff bit the hack. But luckily I didn't lose as much as i thought and I still had the books that I scanned things from. The above DJ was one I decided to finally scan

So glad you dug it. A few months ago I ordered a few DJs from eBay and one in particular I'm going to share later on during Xmas because it's Xmas themed..:)
captaintsukiko
Sep. 28th, 2015 08:57 pm (UTC)
Mink......skunk.......fuck........*zombie is laughing too much to speak*
kitsunebella
Sep. 29th, 2015 08:26 pm (UTC)
LMAO.....zombie....chowombie...huh? ;)
mysweetfetish
Sep. 30th, 2015 06:41 am (UTC)
thanks for sharing! :)
( 9 comments — Leave a comment )