?

No account? Create an account

January 26th, 2018

Media Blasters' Ai no Kusabi Blu-ray Review

As promised, here’s my in-depth review for Media Blasters’ Blu-ray for Ai no Kusabi. Although many of you may not be interested in this, I hope those who read this find this informative. If there are any questions regarding the Blu-ray, I’ll be happy to answer them. As a fan of both dubs and subs, I will do my best to write a fair and pragmatic assessment of the English dub. I’ll be rating the English dub (and the overall Blu-ray release) on a grading scale (A+ being the highest rating with F- being the lowest). For those who simply want to see the overall assessment, please skip down to the bottom of the review. Under the cuts, I labeled each section for convenience’s sake since my review is long. Although many might skip around and look at one or two sections, I highly recommend reading the section “Script”, because there is something that is exclusively included for the English dub that pleasantly surprised me and I think other fans might find interesting. ;)

Blu-ray ImagesCollapse )

Casting/PerformanceCollapse )

ScriptCollapse )
SubtitlesCollapse )

Final assessment:

Casting: B

Performance: A+

Script: A-

Subtitles: C-

Overall: B

That's it for my review. Again, if there's any questions concering the Blu-ray, please feel free to ask me in the comments. To those who took the time to read this, thank you very much. :)