?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

suxxxann made a post about this the other day and novels 1+2 have already been released! You can find them on Sublime for $4 each for the digital release. The cover art is absolutely gorgeous!

I don't have time to read them right now do so I don't have any opinions yet. Anyone here read it? Is it any good?

Comments

( 5 comments — Leave a comment )
princessoftor
Jan. 27th, 2015 06:06 am (UTC)
I have both of them and the story is really interesting. The story is certainly melancholy and the characters definitely have their problems but it is a really good read.

I bought the first one when it came out and it was a year until the second one was available. It was a long wait but worth it.

The art is really, really nice. There are a few full page illustrations throughout the story in the first book followed by the 30 or so pages of manga. There is no additional art in the second book but there are more pages of manga.

I won't go into a synopsis right now, but I liked them and am really happy to be able to support Reiko Yoshihara.

a_grumble_cake
Jan. 27th, 2015 12:04 pm (UTC)
That's great news, thank you. I also looked up the artist and her work is so great, I hope she does her own manga some day.
princessoftor
Jan. 27th, 2015 08:54 pm (UTC)
I agree with you. She has a nice style.
a_ngua
Jan. 27th, 2015 04:21 pm (UTC)
The art is really beautiful but more than that, I'd be interesting to read something else Yoshihara wrote.
Unfortunately, SuBLime has only digital release. While I'd happily buy paper copy, I'm not interested in digital version, it's (pdf) tiring and inconvenient reading for me.

For fans who would like to read more there's also Yami no Kodou 幻惑の鼓動 (or Genwaku no Kodou), Yoshihara's collaboration with Kada Michiru (mangaka).
It's 24+ volumes, serialized in Chara (Tokuma Shoten) and still ongoing in Japan.

Edited at 2015-01-27 04:22 pm (UTC)
a_grumble_cake
Jan. 27th, 2015 04:50 pm (UTC)
Yeah, I'm reading YnK and I have to say the story there sounds very similar to Into Illusion but I would need to read the novels to know more...
( 5 comments — Leave a comment )