?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Taming Riki news

For those of you that are interested in Taming Riki, Kira has reappeared and Taming Riki is now selling on Amazon. All three volumes are available.

Comments

( 14 comments — Leave a comment )
nochick_fics
Oct. 5th, 2014 03:19 am (UTC)
I had no idea one could buy fanfic on Amazon.
bahen
Oct. 5th, 2014 04:21 am (UTC)
Sigh, hey don't shot the messenger :)

Just putting it out there because I do know that some people thing TR is ANK and want to get hold of it.

cmsgackt
Oct. 5th, 2014 09:13 am (UTC)
Well since it was possible to buy "50 Shades of Grey" on Amazon why not Taming Riki. But honestly.. I just read the books and.. NOT worth any money. The idea of it might be nice but... the writing of it... uhm no...
mean_green_ogre
Oct. 9th, 2014 03:03 am (UTC)
DOWNLOAD PRINTED BOOK EDITION AND EBOOK EDITION
I guess I can save people the time, trouble and money:

TAMING RIKI - PRINTED BOOK EDITION
(4 Files, zipped in one folder)

Taming Riki - Printed Book Edition

TAMING RIKI - EBOOK EDITION
(4 files, zipped in one folder)

Taming Riki - Ebook Edition

All files virus checked.

These are the original files she specifically left for free distribution the last time she went "poof".

Whoever wants it... there it is. As free of charge as fan fiction should be.

Edited at 2014-10-09 03:22 am (UTC)
bahen
Oct. 9th, 2014 04:15 am (UTC)
Re: DOWNLOAD PRINTED BOOK EDITION AND EBOOK EDITION
Just for the record, I do agree with you. But there are people out there that don't download, don't see TR as a fanfic and/or want a hard copy, otherwise known as a real book in their hands.

Not doing it for any other reason
mean_green_ogre
Oct. 9th, 2014 04:25 am (UTC)
Re: DOWNLOAD PRINTED BOOK EDITION AND EBOOK EDITION
Not a problem, Barbara.

Since I still had the original printed book pdf files flying around I put them up as a free of charge option (which is how she left them with C.S. anyway), for the aforementioned reason.

Edited at 2014-10-09 05:20 am (UTC)
kawanale
Oct. 15th, 2014 07:25 am (UTC)
What version is this?
Hi! What news this was! I actually have the first two published books of TR (Volume 1 and Volume 2). I was going to get Volume 3 but Kira went AWOL. Then as you all know what happened after. So Volume 3 has always been that "unfinished" part to the trilogy.

I wanted to know if this is an actual bound book with all sorts of lovely illustrations like the other two volumes were.

Or is this simply a PDF with no illustrations?

Just checking because I can't seem to find it on Amazon Canada (which is where I am). I wanted to ask around before I plunked down money for Volume 3.

Thanks in advance for your help!
bahen
Oct. 15th, 2014 09:44 am (UTC)
Re: What version is this?
As far as I am aware it is the printed version,not a pdf file.

I just checked and it is on Amazon.com So perhaps not listed on the Canadian site. Ck it there.
kawanale
Oct. 24th, 2014 07:56 am (UTC)
Thank you! I probably should have checked the USA Amazon. Just so used to getting everything off the Canada Amazon and with Airmiles too!
mean_green_ogre
Oct. 15th, 2014 01:06 pm (UTC)
Kavanale,

you can download the printed book edition of all three books by following the download link in my earlier post (posted again below). You will be able to see what all three books look like and what they contain, including the third one. The ones on Amazon have the exact same content and layout. The books are sold on Amazon Marketplace via print on demand, since they were never published by an actual publisher. So a copy of the TR book or books will only be printed once someone places an actual order for it. The files in the link below are the printer's copy.

Below is the table of contents of the third book. Hope that helps.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
==================
Taming Riki Chapters
Runaway Pet 1
Dana Burn 32
A Master’s Obligation 48
Of Pets, Eunuchs & Leets 69
Katze Gets the Rod 89
Iason’s Promise 108
The Commander Cometh 152
Iason’s Punishment 172
Distracting Vosh 203
A Party to Remember 221
Iason’s Punch 261
Yousi’s Logs 318
Jupiter Speaks 368
Day of the Mongrel 427

A Guide to Taming Riki
======================
with Art by Ulla Nissinen 485

Map
===
by Harial 511

Illustrations
=============
Iason with Riki, by Tata Cover
Lord Sami with Juthian, by Feiseye 37
Omaki Ghan, by Tata 79
Iason with Voshka Khosi, by Tata 167
Riki Before Lord Kahn, by Tata 421
Raoul Am Watching Riki, by Tata 425
Lord Aranshu, by Shuangwen 439
Lord Am Carries Riki, by Shuangwen 445
Iason & Riki, by Tata 481

Edited at 2014-10-15 01:29 pm (UTC)
kawanale
Oct. 24th, 2014 07:58 am (UTC)
Thank you! I had assumed it was Kira who had finally gotten the last volume published. I did want an actual bound book to put in the bookcase beside the two books I already had.
mean_green_ogre
Oct. 24th, 2014 09:26 am (UTC)
This might perhaps interest you as well, kawanale:

Colour vs black and white illustrations: According to her Facebook posts, the TR books she has currently up on Amazon no longer have the coloured illustrations (the pdf versions I posted earlier still have them), but are in black and white. Something to do with the printing costs (as per her Facebook post).

Regarding the different versions: I know there was an old version from before 2012 (mid 00s, the Yaoi House one) which I seem to remember was two books. If memory serves correctly the 2012 version was revised and split up into the three parts of Vol. 1. This is how she handed them over to C.S. for safekeeping when she left. So if you have two books that might be the older version, the one from before 2012. The one on Amazon is the 2012 version, but in black and white instead of colour.

TR, Volume II: Her plans regarding an eventual Volume II look somewhat contradicting at the moment. There's a facebook post that says TR is "getting pulled off Amazon", another that she is rewriting TR to purge all Ai no Kusabi elements and that it will then be released as Taming NIKI in ten separate books. [DMP made it very clear to her in the past that she is not allowed to sell TR with an ISDN number, yet that is exactly what she's doing at the moment. So one might feel inclined to connect the dots here - or in fact talk to one's contact at DMP, as has been the case]. In one post she suggested she might drop TR altogether and put it to rest, in another she's hinted at maybe selling TR as DJ on a separate website and without the ISDN number once Taming NIKI was out. Then there was another post with the "new cover" (o-tone) for TR, Volume II. The basic idea seems to be to go "all original" so she doesn't get legally "fucked" (o-tone).

Edited at 2014-10-24 09:32 am (UTC)
vmom
Jan. 7th, 2015 11:14 pm (UTC)
Thanks so much.
Kira Takenouchi
Oct. 27th, 2017 07:03 pm (UTC)
Taming Riki is here to stay
The books are still available on Amazon. This is because I got permission from DMP to publish the books, and I paid thousands of dollars for the artwork for the trilogies, which I have yet to recover. ($300 per image). But you can read the Series at my website at http://www.kiratakenouchi.com for free. The books are just available in case you want a physical copy. Unfortunately the illustrations are now just in black and white, due to the high costs of printing.
( 14 comments — Leave a comment )