?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Ai no Kusabi DVDs & CDs questions

I'm rather new to the series as a whole, and I've managed to compile a track listing for all the CDs including dates of publication and CD codes (whatever they're called). In some cases there was some confusion as to the exact titles of some of the tracks, so I was just wondering if anyone knew where I can find some scans of the track listings pages of each CD's booklet. In fact, if you can tell me where to find scans for the entire booklets of each CD, if such exist, that would be nice. Regarding the three drama CDs Destiny, Nightmare and Resonance, what exactly are the contents of each one? I couldn't find any info about their plots. Another question I have is whether an instrumental CD really exists. This torrent lists one, but it has several mistakes, including titling the Music Best CD as a "mix" CD and several of its tracks not matching the track listing I've found for it.

In terms of DVDs, I found these while searching for information about the CDs:
- OAV Anniversary Special DVD
- Special Appendix OAV Anniversary Special DVD (I believe this one comes in the same Chara Vol. 25 that included Musk)
I was wondering if anyone knew what these are and what their contents are? If so, have these DVDs potentially been ripped and uploaded somewhere? If not, is there anyone who owns them and might be willing to rip and share them?

I was also wondering what this is, if anyone knows.

The last thing I wanted to mention is regarding Musk, of which rainbowfam translated the first page. In case anyone is interested, I found this raw while doing searches about the novels.

Comments

( 15 comments — Leave a comment )
suxxxann
Feb. 10th, 2013 04:24 pm (UTC)
You should be very specific when you talk about soundtracks since now there are 2: old ovas and new remake. Drama cds aren't really 'soundtracks'.

I do not exactly understand what you need since complete and correct tracklists of the 6 cds that make up the soundbox of the old version is easily available.
subaru_san
Feb. 10th, 2013 09:33 pm (UTC)
I didn't use the term "soundtrack", and that was specifically to make clear that I was referring to all the CDs. It's all the CDs that I'm looking for information (and booklet scans) about.

I can't really make it any clearer than in my original post: I'm looking for booklet scans of the track listings. In other words, the pages in the booklets where the track listing is. And from my searches these past few days, finding correct tracklists of any of the CDs is difficult. Some websites contradict others, in some cases I even see some listing 15 tracks for one CD while some others list 16 tracks for the same CD.

Sorry, I can't really think of a way to make it clearer. ^^;;;
suxxxann
Feb. 11th, 2013 10:06 pm (UTC)
That's because there is a ghost track
subaru_san
Feb. 11th, 2013 11:53 pm (UTC)
What exactly does that mean? And is this ghost track at the end or in the middle? Can you point me to an accurate track listing for that CD?
suxxxann
Feb. 12th, 2013 08:00 pm (UTC)
subaru_san
Feb. 14th, 2013 08:04 pm (UTC)
So where could I find accurate track listings for the others as well? Especially those others that have ghost tracks or other things that can lead to confusion. Btw, Shiozawa Memorial, do you know if it contains all of the audio cassette's tracks? If so, is it tracks 1-22 of the first disc?
suxxxann
Feb. 14th, 2013 09:13 pm (UTC)
Google is your friend
subaru_san
Feb. 14th, 2013 10:42 pm (UTC)
Oh believe me, I have used and abused Google, but the problem with Google is that you find both the accurate and inaccurate track listings and can't tell which is which.
kitsunebella
Oct. 9th, 2013 01:31 am (UTC)
Pardon if I jump in:
Google will send you on a wild goose chase. And I've been sent on one as well. But each mystery at a time.
I came across Ai no Kusabi very recently and I'm totally HOOKED! I have both versions of the animes in my personal collection and have managed to locate all the audio music (the OSTs) off of You Tube. I'm dying to get those for myself but they are so out of my price range at the moment since the only way to get them in the states is as a Japanese import. For correct track listings of the audio---I've located them, but I need time to compile them all. I'm in the process now doing a wiki for Ai no Kusabi for my blog and gathering material has been slow. But if you bear with me, in a couple of days I should have an accurate listing. Apparently the tracks posted on You Tube have the wrong titles and I got terribly confused while going to my own search. UGH!

As for the Shiozawa Memorial (*sniff- RIP 'Soul of Iason')...From what I've been able to tell based on the track listings I've already found, this is more like a compilation, or that's what I think. I'm not sure if it's one disc or two.

As for the hidden tract on Sympathy---Kaleidoscopic (redux)---I've been looking, looking and looking until I feel myself going blind to find a translation of what they are saying. Some posted something on You Tube under that track, but I think it's incomplete. :(
subaru_san
Oct. 17th, 2013 09:30 pm (UTC)
Shiozawa Memorial is two discs. I found it somewhere encoded at 128kbps.

As for the rest, thanks for replying. If you ever do get a full and accurate track listing for all the CDs, let me know. :)

To give you an idea of the kind of stuff I've found so far, for the Music Best Iason CD, I couldn't confirm whether it was released on the 1st or 10th of March 2001. I could send you the NJStar file I've made if you want.

Edited at 2013-10-17 10:15 pm (UTC)
kitsunebella
Dec. 10th, 2013 07:54 pm (UTC)
I must apologize for not getting back to you sooner... :-( My bad. I'm usually a lot better at my responses. I got blindsided with Thanksgiving and Hanukkah being the same week...UGH! But anyway,...

Yes I compiled a track listing of at least what is on the 4 OSTs ('Image') CDs and the two Acoustic Version CDs (Sound Selections 'Oracion'), some weeks back and the source I got the list from I found reliable. :) These have become extremely hard to come by in the US..on Amazon I think AnK 2 Sense of Crisis CD is listed as 'currently unavailable'...in other words 'we don't have this and have no clue whether or not we'll get it in the near future'. :-( If I were to try to get it at Amazon.jp, I'd more than likely have to pay more. AND to add insult to grievous injury I found the box set of all of these discs on an Italian media site, BUT would only ship in Italy...they didn't offer any international shipping options that I was able to see. *sniff* So I've become very grateful to all the folks out in the fan base for sharing these. :D

I'm just trying to track down either the original transcripts/CD 'liner notes' of the dialogue bits that are on some of the disks. As long as I have the original Japanese kana/kanji I could probably try to get a loose translation perhaps of what is being said. I do have my 'ways' of grabbing the speech from audio and have it print to text but I don't know exactly how accurate what I'm getting is. I do video edits and apparently Adobe Premiere Pro has a Speech Analysis function where it will run through the clip and depending on the language pack you have installed (I got the Japanese one--HA!) it will bring back for you the text from the audio. As an exercise while I was working on another AnK edit, I decided for S's and G's I would run through the first part of the original anime and see what I got. After over an hour..... HOLY SHIT! I'm going to have my work cut out for me, not only figuring out everything (don't really need to because of the video subs), but it's going to be a bear in a half trying to organize it into proper dialogue lines by the characters. UGH!! ANYWAY!

I would be grateful for anything you were able to send my way. :)

I'm only hoping that eventually my little experiments will be able to pay off. I've jumped started my study of Japanese again and though I just started, I'm pretty good at learning languages and pick them up fairly quickly.

The track listing I planned to make that a posting to my own blog. I can always post it here too if given a better suggestion as to the best way: as a new thread or just posting it here but creating a new topic/subject.
subaru_san
Dec. 13th, 2013 05:49 am (UTC)
No worries. The thing about reliable is, as long as I can't see the scan of the track list myself, I don't consider any source reliable. If you have seen those track list scans though, then your track list is reliable.

About your italian site, assuming you speak italian, you could always try to message them about the shipping if you see a PM or email option. Sometimes it can require a registration if you want it badly enough. I'm currently working out something with someone regarding an unrelated rare CD set after having registered just for the purpose of being able to email them. The other option that could be viable is checking Yahoo! Auctions Japan or Mbok (and maybe other auction sites that I don't know about) and using a deputy service. The deputy service could be a viable option for Amazon.jp too.

The NJStar track listing I have for the CDs, I have no idea how reliable it is. I usually took whichever track listing seemed to make the most sense when there were two. However, if you look at the BakaBT torrent, I have no idea about some of the CDs listed there. Like what they call a "mix" CD but the pic they use is really from the Iason Music Best CD. Their Shiozawa Memorial also seems to cover only one disc, but I found two. Regarding Shiozawa, as you will see in the NJStar file, the first disc is described as having the contents of the drama cassette, and the second disc as being a DJ version, whatever that means. I have scans of the cassette if you want, but not of any track listing on it. I also don't know what that Instrumental CD is supposed to be. Nothing I've found seems to point to it being a real CD.

Anyway, this is my NJStar file.

Regarding the Ambivalence CD, I noticed the last track on it is a song by Ishihara Shinichi. Since my favorite series has a song by him too on one of its drama CDs, just thought I'd link you to it if you're interested. It's also featured on a CD that compiles all the drama CD songs. I found it here.
utauda14
Feb. 10th, 2013 10:39 pm (UTC)
If you know the contents of the remake CD Dramas, then go here~ http://community.livejournal.com/ai_no_kusabi_/174223.html

I posted a thread about not too long ago. I've listened to it. It mostly about how Iason and Riki met, and Riki's time being a pet. However, it includes scenes that were not shown in the remake anime so far and or the novels. You even get to hear characters like Miguel, Tomass, Zach, and Alec in them. And don't be confused by the numbering. They're all different, and out of order. If you know a translator, then let me know. I'd let to know what they're saying. I get most of it, but I'm not fluent in Japanese.

Also, that raw download of Musk, please tell Rainbowfam about it. I'm sure she'd like to find the rest of it.

And please don't suggest anything to be "ripped". It's piracy, therefore illegal, which does damage to AIC.

Edited at 2013-02-10 10:42 pm (UTC)
subaru_san
Feb. 10th, 2013 11:19 pm (UTC)
Actually, I was mentioning that I don't know their contents, which is why I asking about them. Are they in a more chronologically linear order than the novels? And since I've only read the novel script from here, I'm afraid I have no idea who any of the characters you named are.

As for rainbowfam, does she still follow the community? If so, my post isn't under an LJ cut so she'd notice it easily. Otherwise, let me know and I'll PM it to her. :)

These are promotional items though. But really, I was more interested in what their contents actually are, since I've never heard them mentioned here and I've gone back to the beginning entries of the community and made my way up to 2013. But anyway, from what I can gather, the one included with the Chara Vol. 25 issue is the one with this trailer on it, right? And don't get me wrong, I fully intend to buy these as soon as I can, even the japanese Blu-Rays without english subs. The extras alone make it more than worth it.
utauda14
Feb. 10th, 2013 11:25 pm (UTC)
They are more or less chronologically linear order than the novels. They include the same scenes, but the CD Dramas goes more into depths of the characters' thoughts and they include "scenes" never shown in the novels.

The characters I mentioned are minor characters in the novels. Tomass, for example, is Aisha's Furniture, he helped Riki at point in the novel and in the CD Dramas, there was a conversation between him and Daryl about Riki. It seemed to me, while listening to that scene, that Tomass and Daryl were good friends. :)

Yes, I think Rainbowfam does follow the community. I wouldn't really know that for certain, however.

That link you posted here... That's the eight-minute preview of the first episode of the AnK remake. I don't really know much about the promotional items, so I'm the wrong person to ask. But I'm glad to know you're going to support the series. :) Spread the word. :D

Edited at 2013-02-11 12:18 am (UTC)
( 15 comments — Leave a comment )