?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Some CD Dramas Tracks

Surpringly, I found some tracks from the remake CD Dramas for Ai no Kusabi after a lot of searching. They're on a site called Mp3linova. However, it's not all of it and out of order. Still, I thought it'd be cool to share it with everyone since it's hard to find anything relating to the series.

Also, remember to support the Ai no Kusabi franchise by buying the DVDs that are set to be release on April 23, thanks to Media Blasters. If the DVD sells well enough, then AIC might have enough money to produce the next eight episodes for the 2012 remake! Spread the word, and buy the DVDs so AIC can get the money to continue our beloved series. You can order at these websites like Rightstuf and Amazon. :)

Comments

( 27 comments — Leave a comment )
bahen
Feb. 1st, 2013 03:59 am (UTC)
Thank you for that info. The price is very cheap. Just need to check out shipping charges, which I am willing to bet will cost more than the DVD :)
utauda14
Feb. 1st, 2013 09:05 pm (UTC)
Sure thing. :)

Now, seriously, does anyone know where we can find a translator for the CD Dramas? I really want to know what they're saying! :D I listened to ~DESTINY~ yesterday, and I recognized some of the conversations. You even get to hear Alec and Zach on them. So cool~!
kitsunebella
Apr. 22nd, 2014 01:31 pm (UTC)
Oh Alec...*chuckle* I was so disappointed- sorta- that he got so little time in the novels. I had always hoped he'd have a much larger 'supporting' role than he did. It was really cool to read about another race and it made me curious about the history/background of the Karinese. :) Glad that he makes an appearance again. :) He and Zach are characters that have been sort of forgotten in lieu of the major characters. But I guess that is what fanfic is for. ;-)
subaru_san
Feb. 4th, 2013 06:52 am (UTC)
How good or bad are the subs on those DVDs?
utauda14
Feb. 4th, 2013 09:37 pm (UTC)
You're referring to the actual DVDs or the CD Dramas? 'Cause the CD Dramas is just audio, but they fall in line with the actual anime series.
subaru_san
Feb. 4th, 2013 11:05 pm (UTC)
Well you mentioned DVDs were coming out, and are already out by now, right? The ones you linked on RightStuf. So I was just wondering how good or bad the subs on them are.
utauda14
Feb. 4th, 2013 11:13 pm (UTC)
They're not out yet, so I wouldn't know. I'm pretty sure they're as good as the fansub ones, though. We're going to have to wait and see.
subaru_san
Feb. 5th, 2013 12:45 am (UTC)
Oops, my bad. I assumed since no more episodes were coming out that it had already been released. Btw, about that, I heard something about how the series is supposed to have 13 episodes. So what is in fact going on with that?
utauda14
Feb. 5th, 2013 01:22 am (UTC)
It was supposed to have 13 episodes, but according to an interview with Reiko Yoshihara-sensei, the creator, that was posted here, it said that Reiko admitted that it is now 12 episodes.

You can read it here~ http://community.livejournal.com/ai_no_kusabi_/166558.html
subaru_san
Feb. 5th, 2013 05:46 am (UTC)
Very interesting interview, thanks a lot! :)

So when is the anime continuing with more episodes? There's only 4 out so far, right? Btw, I submitted the episode titles to ANN, so feel free to submit a correction if they're somehow wrong.
utauda14
Feb. 5th, 2013 09:36 pm (UTC)
Sure thing. :)

As for your questions, I don't know when more are coming out. There are only four out so far, yes, but AIC, the company in charge of making the remake, has no make an announcement concerning whether or not they are continuing with the production. They could have financial issues again or something. Until we hear news from them on remake Ai no Kusabi's status, for now, I guess you can say its on a hiatus. Again.

What do you mean when you said, " I submitted the episode titles to ANN, so feel free to submit a correction if they're somehow wrong."?
subaru_san
Feb. 6th, 2013 08:54 am (UTC)
You know the website, AnimeNewsNetwork? We shorten it to ANN. And the link I gave in my reply was to the site's AnK page. If you look on that page where it says "Episode titles", it says "We have 4." I submitted those 4, both the kanji, romaji and translation. If you have an account on ANN, you can submit a correction using the error report system.
utauda14
Feb. 6th, 2013 09:27 pm (UTC)
Yeah, I know Anime News Network. Go there every day. :)

Ah, I see. That's what you mean.
subaru_san
Feb. 7th, 2013 05:19 am (UTC)
Heh, glad to know I'm not the only weirdo who visits that site everyday, lol. :D

Btw, unrelated to this series, but the main characters remind me a lot of Asami and Takaba from Yamane Ayano's Viewfinder series. Ever read it?
utauda14
Feb. 7th, 2013 09:29 pm (UTC)
Well, kinda have to visit! ANN is the only place that is consider an official source for anime news. :)

Heard of it, never saw it. I read more yaoi than I watch them.
subaru_san
Feb. 9th, 2013 10:04 pm (UTC)
That it is. AniDB is ok for info but not detailed enough. If you've ever heard of the anime Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (it was dubbed in english under the name "Ronin Warriors"), I've submitted a lot of info to ANN's section for it, to help complete it, and I got them to properly divide the single page they had for the entire series and 3 OAVs into four pages, the way it should have been from the start, by submitting the proper OAV titles as new series. Great anime if you like shounen, btw. I really recommend it.

Sorry if I was unclear, but Viewfinder has a manga only. I mean there's no anime, but there is an AniMix, subtitled by Aarinfantasy, that you can download here, it covers the first manga volume. This drama CD was released long before it though, in 2004. That one covers the first two manga volumes (1 disc per volume). There's also this one for the third manga volume. This is an extra called "Working Cameraman Takaba Akihito's Wonderful Summer Vacation", and this is another extra called "Takaba Akihito's 'Asami Ryuichi Report'". Not entirely sure why they made dramas of these and not the rest of the volumes. *shrugs*

Btw, I can give you links to download all of the manga scanlations if you need. Even if there are some you're not finding on your own, I have everything that's available so far including a novel short story about Fei Long. This icon and the one of my second February 4th reply are both from Finder, btw. :)

Edited at 2013-02-09 10:07 pm (UTC)
utauda14
Feb. 9th, 2013 10:15 pm (UTC)
No, thanks. I'm not exactly interested in finding new anime or manga at the moment. Gotta give my all to Ai no Kusabi. The series is practically crying for help, and this one is gonna do what she can to help because she actually cares about (unlike some other people...)! Besides, I'm way too busy to look up new anime or manga. Have a bunch of over over Mardi Gras break (stupid teachers...). And I'm still trying to think of someone who can translate these CD Dramas.

I finished listening to all of them weeks ago, and they are awesome! You get to Miguel, Tomass, Steen, and bunch of other characters and their thoughts, too! :D So cool~!
subaru_san
Feb. 10th, 2013 11:03 pm (UTC)
Well, if you do get some free time, feel free to check it out. As for those characters you mentioned, I'm afraid I've never heard of them.

Edited at 2013-02-10 11:03 pm (UTC)
utauda14
Feb. 10th, 2013 11:04 pm (UTC)
What? Then... You haven't read the novels?
subaru_san
Feb. 12th, 2013 12:26 am (UTC)
My understanding is that I've read most of *the* original novel, of which there's a translation here. It does seem to differ from the 6(8?) novel remakes. I've seen those other novels floating around on the web too, the english version, but from what I heard the translation is kinda wince worthy?
utauda14
Feb. 12th, 2013 12:32 am (UTC)
I guess it depends on one's perspective. Sure, there some minor mistakes in it, but I don't really care 'cause I know I can't do anything about it. Like in Vol. 7, for example, one of their mistranslation of the volume refers to Aisha, one of the Blondies, as a female. Aisha is male, which you could tell by watching the remake and all.

Even it does have mistakes, it's still minor in my eyes, and I want to buy the novels so I can support the series.
kitsunebella
Apr. 20th, 2014 06:27 pm (UTC)
In my honest opinion, the English translations of Ai no Kusabi are far beyond wince worthy. They're a travesty and they hardly gave this story the respect it so richly deserves. Doesn't any one in the publishing industry care about proofreading and editing any more? How about publishing houses not censoring the original writer's work by giving the fans a 'watered' and stripped down version? I'm not saying that's what actually happened but I have my suspicions. But if it was and I happened to read the novel that was NOT what Rieko intended, I'm bent. :/

I've read the fan translations of the original novel that were floating around the web and they are WAY better than the botched, aborted English translations Thanks DuMP!!! :-( When I was going through my third read-thru of the novels for a big blog project that I'm working on currently, I sort of noticed some things wrong with Vol.7. Aside from the grammatical errors and continuity things (that only clued me in that these were in bad need of editing and continuity checking) I was very bummed out to discover that there were whole parts (rather important ones) that were either translated incorrectly or not translated at all from the original work and totally left out! WTH!! I was wondering if they were pressed for time and didn't bother to do a more complete translation and released it as is and without bothering to proofread it, or if they blatantly censored it, which doesn't make sense considering the other parts in the other volumes where explicit sex scenes were left pretty much intact. I don't feel in the least bit horrible now about doing my own adaptation of the novels. ;-)

Now, in doing my part for the AnK fandom, I have recently ordered the original hardcover novel and the Chara editions of the novel (Vols. 1-6) (as well as Midnight Illusion) all coming in a couple of weeks (the later part of May). They'll all be in Japanese---don't care if I can't read them just yet. But to have the complete uncensored, undiluted, unexcised and un-butchered novels the way Rieko sensei intended is the most I can do.
subaru_san
Apr. 22nd, 2014 07:59 am (UTC)
I had no idea that they went as far as editing out actual portions of the original novels. That's just plain crazy.
(Anonymous)
Apr. 23rd, 2013 11:06 am (UTC)
Can I have the link to Fei long novel please?
subaru_san
Apr. 23rd, 2013 10:02 pm (UTC)
Its files are here, but you have to be a member of the community to be able to download.
lindatheviking
Jul. 1st, 2013 10:54 pm (UTC)
Hello!

I wanted to download the 3 Dramas however the website told me that they are unavailable for my country.
Could someone please send them to me over email?

Thank you very much in advance.
Hope to hear from you~!
kitsunebella
Apr. 22nd, 2014 12:31 pm (UTC)
That's what someone suggested based on a comparison between the Japanese version (vol.5, Chara) and the English version (vol. 7). Editing for clarity is one thing and shortening the number of words used would significantly alter the final page count. I get that. However writing cincisely is important for 'content marketing' but has no place in literature. When things have been mistranslated or sections left out like important diaglogue just to save time, ruins the tone and negatively impacts the novel IMHO.

The last chapter of Vol. 7 was so important from character development standpoint. Just thinking that the possibility even exists of it being 'censored' or altered to satisfy a deadline, fries my butt.
( 27 comments — Leave a comment )