deathjunke (deathjunke) wrote in ai_no_kusabi_,
deathjunke
deathjunke
ai_no_kusabi_

is the 2012 OVA making you reevaulate your view of any characters?

Okay so i just got the chance to take a breather and catch up on some of my favorite manga and anime and i just watch the 2012 OVA last night. I'm amazed and just overwhelmed by how great it is. So often in anime the remakes pale in comparison to the originals and this was most definitely not the case in AnK2012.

General Squee.  I've got very few yaoi loving friends so I have to squee here:

The character design was amazing!  I love the new Katze. Riki and Guy look amazing! hell all of Bison is great! :) Though i find myself wishing they would have kept the Blondies closer to the 1992 design.

Who ever drew the designs for Eos tower needs a medal, a harem and a key to the city because it was beautiful and far beyond anything i could have ever imagined wen reading the books.

Jupiter was kind of scary but i really adore how huge she was. It makes the view of her as a Computerized God so much more believable than the small shifting statue from the 1992 AnK.
---- </squee>

Now the biggest thing for me about this OVA was Guy. I feel so much more sympathetic to him in this ova than i did in the first one or the novels. I think the three years was felt here more than in the other two. There was so much intimacy between them that had faded until it was just Guy reaching out for Riki (Especially in the hair cutting scene. GUH! I loved it so much ♥).

The funny thing is i never really gave Guy more than a passing consideration before. I mean yes, he was Riki's old lover and yes he was loyal (in the sense that he truly loved Riki) but i always looked at him as "the crazy douche-bag who cut off Riki's man bits". This OVA has made me see him in a new light, the abandoned, slighted lover.

So that got me wondering do you see any characters in a new light because of the 2012 OVA?
Tags: new ank remake, oav/anime, thoughts/discussions
Subscribe

Recent Posts from This Community

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

• 13 comments

Recent Posts from This Community