?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Taming Riki Volume I, Part 3?

Hello, I hope it's okay to post this query. Please message me privately moderators if it wasn't.

I was wondering if anyone by chance got the opportunity to buy Part 3 of the Taming Riki Volume 1 triology by Kira Takenouchi. I missed out on getting Part 3 when it was suddenly published last fall. Since then I have looked unsuccessfully for a way to buy it so I could finally, finally complete my paperback triology of Taming Riki.

If you do by chance have Volume 1, Part 3, would you be interested in selling it to me (reasonable pricing please!)? Please message me privately. Thank you!

Comments

( 8 comments — Leave a comment )
suxxxann
Jul. 8th, 2011 03:49 pm (UTC)
I suppose you have already read the replies to this post

http://community.livejournal.com/ai_no_kusabi_/139464.html

kawanale
Jul. 8th, 2011 10:07 pm (UTC)
I did but it is about the stuff Kira had on her website. The Taming Riki online was totally different from what she published in hardcopy for Volume 1, Part 1 and Part 2, plus there were beautiful illustrations in the books. That's what I am looking for, the book for Part 3, not the online stuff.
suxxxann
Jul. 9th, 2011 10:36 am (UTC)
I didn't know the published version was different, so she wrote 2 different versions of the story?
kawanale
Jul. 9th, 2011 08:55 pm (UTC)
From what I can remember the hardcopy version was a better rendering than the online version. Things flowed and were in better order than the online version. I think the reason the hardcopy versions were better than the online version was because there were book editors from the publishing house helping Kira with grammar, spelling, structure, etc. The characters are the same, but the overall word-by-word was different.
syreenwinter
Jul. 12th, 2011 04:55 pm (UTC)
I have Part 3 but I think the online version is much better. In the book they left out scenes which in my opinion were important for better understanding. But the pictures are good :)
kawanale
Jul. 12th, 2011 05:22 pm (UTC)
Well if you ever feel like selling your Part 3 book, message me! Also if you know other people that have Part 3 and want to sell it send them my way. I just really would like to have all three books together in my library. :)
(Anonymous)
Jul. 1st, 2013 05:34 pm (UTC)
I'm also looking for the third book for the trilogy, Taming Riki, Vol. 1, Part 3. I even paid for a preorder on Kira's site, TWICE, but never got the book...
blacknights55
Apr. 6th, 2014 05:28 am (UTC)
where is her site anyways?? i couldn't even find her site with sooo many sitess!
( 8 comments — Leave a comment )