?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Catching up with the ANK Community

Hi! I've been gone from the ANK community for a while now as Real Life continuously interrupts my private yaoi time, and then I had a serious problem with accessing my Livejournal account so I was REALLY on the fringe until recently. But now I'm back, and I hear the ANK world has fallen to absolute CRAP. :(
Questions:
1:) I thought a new OVA was supposed to be released some time in 2010, but now I'm hearing that it's been CANCELLED! Someone PLEASE tell me what's going on! :( They had all of these cool trailers released that made it seem like things were going in the right direction! :(
2:) What the heck is going on with Kira Takenouchi and her website!? I went to kirafix.net to see if I could get the rest of Taming Riki II and see if I could find anything on Taming Riki III, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get into the site, which was up a few months ago, back in Fall 2010 when I last went there (told you: I've been away fror a WHILE :P lol ). :\ It's been shut down--did she find Jesus again or get sick again or get sued again? I'm really concerned, what happened to her site? It was so pretty, and I thought she was doing really well. :( 
3:) Is there ever going to be a continuation of the original AnK novel? It seems like it stopped after Chapter 6--when is the rest going to be made/released; does anyone know? 

I am just totally out of the loop here *facepalm*. Anyone know what's going on? :( 

Comments

( 9 comments — Leave a comment )
a_ngua
Mar. 27th, 2011 03:44 pm (UTC)
Hm, what “unkind” sentence (“…I hear the ANK world has fallen to ****…”).
But since I always thought AnK fan base is - AnK world, responsibility lies on all of us, including you :)

1)Production stopped. No further notice.
All this misfortune hit Japan lately will certainly show on its economy. So…
2)Hm, if you haven’t learn from first site debacle, and then from second one, how to explain what happened third time? If I did count properly in first place lol. First time was enough for me.
3)The other (Japanese) publisher made reprint.
Different numbering (volumes) and different illustrator.
English publisher is without answer for us so far.
If I understand correctly they haven’t even acquired license for last book from first publisher… and with all unsold books now already “old version”… in short – very grim prospects for us, readers.

Hope this helps :)
suxxxann
Mar. 27th, 2011 05:26 pm (UTC)
I would like to add just for the sake of precision that the 'old novel' is indeed out there completed (in japanese) and partially translated.

This is what we agree on calling the 'old novel'. The recent one (a rewriting) split in 6 books it is commonly referred as 'new novel'.
bahen
Mar. 27th, 2011 09:12 pm (UTC)
Well, just to repeat and add a bit more info for you....

Yep, looks like the new Ova has bit the dust....

As to the Novels...A new Japanese publisher took over before the current release had been finished in Japanese.

They re released all the novels again including the last one. And Japan has a finished re released series.

Because of the switch in Japanese Publishers, DMP no longer has the English Licence to publish the 'last' book.

Supposedly they are in negotiation with them, but who knows the truth? So we sit and wait patiently (or impatiently) and usually every couple of months I drop DMP a line, because I am a nudge and say hey guys whats happening...Hey a little nudge now and then doesn't hurt...

As to Kira...

Well, yes the Site was up and running and even Yaoi House had come back. Taming Riki I, II and III were all published and were sold for a short period of time.

She seemed to be working productively. And then 'something' happened. What that something is I don't know and I don't think anyone really does. As it was just a quick flash. She just said a very basic that she was sorry, but she couldn't continue at the moment, personal issues and that everything was closing down.

Hope this gives you a bit more insite.
ainzfern
Mar. 28th, 2011 09:53 am (UTC)
I wouldn't say absolute crap, myself, LOL! There are still a few of us out here keeping it alive. *SMILE*

The ladies above have pretty much bought you up to speed, though, so allow me just to welcome you back from your long hiatus.
kurenai_tenka
Mar. 28th, 2011 02:01 pm (UTC)
Kira's probably off writing Christian novels under another pseudonym or something. If you want to access her site, try the waybackmachine!
feelrain
Mar. 30th, 2011 02:31 am (UTC)
Catching Up
I don't mean crap as in everything left behind is garbage or s***, why would I feel that way, as an AnK fan who lives on stuff like fanfictions and fanart and such? Without that, I couldn't function <3 <3 come on. What I mean is, it's fallen into h***, chaos, opposition, restriction, chaos, blockades, traffic accidents, knotted hair wigs, chaos, dishabile, wreck and ruin, chaos: when I left everything seemed to me moving forward progressively, with the 'New Novel' and the new ova and Kira had news of her new books about to be released, and I was like SCORE! Things are looking up! :D But now, the three big things I had my eye on, as you all have confirmed, have officially been stopped dead in their tracks! O.O *shocked*

What. The HECK!?

That's what I mean, A Ngua, when I say the AnK world has fallen into crap; they've stepped in one serious pile of dog poo without a lick of warning; it's just an expression and no meanness behind it.

So I guess, for the time being, at least, there won't be any new OVA (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was SO looking forward to that! :( ). But they had already delayed production of that OVA at least twice before I left; I was at Aarinfantasy every daggone month waiting for the promised release, promised release, only to see that date keep getting pushed back, and I felt something was REALLY wrong. :(

Chapter 7 of the New Novel might not reach the US for another 7 years, and as far as Kira's concerned....Kurenai, do you have the link to where I can purchase this Waybackmachine? lol Like, Yaoi-bay or BBzon.com or Kira's List or something? :P lol Gosh, not again, Kira! *facepalm* I'm kind of nervous--she was doing it really big, and I hope this doesn't put her in any worse of a financial problem! :( Gosh, she should have just continued putting HER books on her site, which were all really well written, and kept TR in the fanfiction sites like Ainokusabi.net or Adultfanfiction or here, something. :( I ope she hasn't done something...drastic..... O.O
feelrain
Mar. 30th, 2011 02:32 am (UTC)
Re: Catching Up
Whoops! *blush* Typo! I meant, I HOPE she hasn't done anything drastic. :(
deathjunke
Jun. 13th, 2011 07:56 am (UTC)
do you know if anyone has a pdf/saved file of taming riki II i got to chapter 10 before the site got shut down :(
deathjunke
Jun. 13th, 2011 07:57 am (UTC)
wow i typed right over myself. *shakes head* the ova being canceled totally sucks. it looked great from the previews *sighs longingly*
( 9 comments — Leave a comment )