?

No account? Create an account

23 July 2004 @ 11:14 am
Advent Children Dream  
I had a dream last night that Advent Children finally came out... however, rather than it being on DVD or some other format right away, they released it in theatres, but only a few theatres would pick it up. All of the characters were there, including Yuffie, but for some reason all of them had different names that sounded really off. Maybe it's a sign that Advent Children will finally be coming out.... or me just wanting it to come out already. XD

Those are the kinds of dreams you get for eating chocolate cheesecake before bed.

Current Mood: boredbored

surlyedi on July 23rd, 2004 04:12 pm (UTC)
I'm a little worried about the names being pronounced. Like... they might mess up again (Tidus pronounced Tee-dus). My friend and I were thinking about it and coming up with alternate pronounciations.
Tifa (I pronounc Tiff-fuh oddly)= Tie-fuh
Barret = Baret or Bar-ret
Cid = Ceed or Cyde
Cloud = Clood (this one was the funniest one)
Yuffie = Yuff-e
Aerith (I pronounce Air-ith) = Air-ithe

Yeah....that was pretty random. Just thought it connected with the different name thing you mentioned somehow.
shinken on July 23rd, 2004 04:33 pm (UTC)
That would be awful if they got the pronunciations wrong during the movie, I don't know if I'd laugh or if I'd be yelling "That's not how you say it!" I'd definitely laugh at "Clood" though. =D
nerutenkaze on July 23rd, 2004 04:37 pm (UTC)
I had a dream like this, but it was at a drive-in, and there were like, 1,000 people watching it.

I'm really picky about pronunciation, but I don't really intend on watching the English version anyway :3
got a soul to sell: Bridget-by mespuffboy on July 23rd, 2004 04:50 pm (UTC)
I'm not too keen on watching the English version either, since I think I would find it surreal to hear the characters speaking English. Plus, I don't trust people who choose the English voices for video games and anime. Some of the voices they choose just do not fit.
shinken on July 23rd, 2004 04:53 pm (UTC)
Some of the voices they choose just do not fit.

I agree with you on that one, which is the primary reason why I hate watching certain anime that I like after it's been dubbed over. x_x
shinken on July 23rd, 2004 04:56 pm (UTC)
I'll watch the English version just so see how bad it is, and an excuse to watch AC again. :3

Mom: "Haven't you watched that already?"
Me: "Yes"
Mom: "You don't need to watch it again if you've already seen it"
Me: "But I haven't seen the English version of it, which means I need to watch it again."
Matt_randallflagg_ on July 23rd, 2004 05:10 pm (UTC)
I think of Squareenix aproves of the pronounciation, then isnt it the correct way and you were just mispronouncing it?
shinken on July 23rd, 2004 06:35 pm (UTC)
True, true, good point. But even if Square approves of the pronounciation, It doesn't mean that it will come off right to the rest of the audience, just because Square says that's how it is. Maybe they should have made an official character pronounciation guide for all FF characters. lol
atone_ur_sins on July 24th, 2004 09:01 pm (UTC)
OMG! You watched the Final Fantasy Advent Children already?! You know, I was gonna buy it yesterday, but they said they'll wont have it till September... >.<;;;; And I yelled OH MY GOD!! Literally...........Yes the storeowner looked at me funny....but anywho..........Latrz!
shinken on July 25th, 2004 06:03 pm (UTC)
Nope, I haven't seen Advent Children yet, because It hasn't been released yet.
relm_asellus on July 23rd, 2004 05:20 pm (UTC)
I've thought about the same thing too, Mostly how Tifa's is pronounced. I heard it pronounced Tiff-fa for the first time this past week while I've always called her Tee-fa.
I pronounce Aerith a different way as you have it. I always have said Air-eeth.
Sometims tells me we'll be surprised with at least 2 of the pronounciations.
asuras on July 24th, 2004 03:26 am (UTC)
In english or Japanese? Because I can give you the Japanese ones right now.
English, who knows. But Japanese, as off the Advent Children Japanese wesbsite...:

Tifa: Tee fa
Barett: Bah retto
Cloud: Koo rahoo do

Tidus might actually be teedus. ^-^; Like how Tifa is teefa.
Megsseleraleonhart on July 24th, 2004 09:07 pm (UTC)
Tidus IS tee-dus. The katakana for his name is Tiida. :)
asuras on July 25th, 2004 11:47 pm (UTC)
yay. I never really got into 10 anyway... o.o But I played KH, if that counts for anything.
Megsseleraleonhart on July 26th, 2004 12:25 am (UTC)
Heehee. Kingdom Hearts... @_@ I <3 Kingdom Hearts. And I heart you for playing Kingdom Hearts... :)
asuras on July 26th, 2004 12:29 am (UTC)
*heartheart!*

Megsseleraleonhart on July 26th, 2004 12:30 am (UTC)
Hee! ^_^
Flyckertubaplayerjk on July 27th, 2004 06:18 am (UTC)
This comment is more to the people who said they don't watch Anime, or play video games with English.

*feels guilty of some crime*

Yeah I watch Anime in English. Yes I did watch some with Japanese, but that was after listening to it with the english. And I couldn't stand the difference. Has anyone noticed the difference about Kenshin? That's bad.

Anyways this community is about Advent Children.

Whooo AC!!!

*goes back to sleep*