Schala-Kitty (animekittysama) wrote in adventchildren_,
Schala-Kitty
animekittysama
adventchildren_

FF7 Early File - Cloud's True Nature (1/3)

Alright, more of the Early File translations. I decided to tackle the biggest portion which is centered around the revealation about Cloud's true self. It's so big that I decided to post it in three portions as it is in the book. Today is the first half of the rough draft for the Mako Cave in the Northern Creator. It includes a lot of differences from the finished scene.... whole new takes on WEAPON, Sephiroth's puppetry, and a surprise appearance from a certain cast member.

Please understand that this is only the first of three and I'm posting them as I go. Things may be contradicted and corrected in later posts, just as they are in the game.

マテリアの間(※編注:製品版のクレーター内部)
The Materia Space (※Note: In the Finished version, this is inside the Creator)

人間の大きさほうどのマテリアが500個近く放射状に並ぶドーム。
それらのマテリアのなかは、さらに巨大なマテリアが。
中心にはエネルギーの結晶(アルティメイトマテリア)、そのなかに新しい生命体。
それは……セフィロスの姿に似ていた。
しかし、その姿は全裸であり、身体の曲線は女性のそれに近かった。
The space is a large realm of materia about 500 million cubic meters set up as a radial dome.
Within the center of the materia, is a huge singular piece.
This core is made of crystalized energy (The Ultimate Materia), and within there is a new existence.
This.....resembles Sephiroth's figure.
However, the body is completely naked, and seems to have a woman's curves upon closer inspection.

(.....*blinks* Sephiroth + Mako = Hermaphrodite? o_o; I'm not sure what to say about the idea of Sephia... (Sephia would be the feminine version of Sephiroth, as in normal usage, it's the singular form of the word - Mutliple Sephia = Sephiroth.)

Oh, and they don't actually give the units for the materia so I assumed that it was cubic meters as that makes the most sense for volume.)

ティファ「メテオをの星に衝突させて、ビッグバンを起こそうとしていたのは……」
Tifa: Should Meteor collide with the Planet, then it'll cause a Bing Bang......

ヴィンセント「今、目の前にいる新しい生命体のセフィロスが望んだことだ。
しかしセフィロスはメテオを呼び出す決め手を知らなかった。
魔晄エネルギーの中に溶けている古代種の知識をきってしてもそれを知ることができなかったんだ。
メテオの魔法の秘密、黒マテリアを手に入れるためには、
自由に動ける身体を持った使者が必要だったんだ」
Vincent: Now, before our eyes we see the new body of exsistence Sephiroth desires.
However, I don't know if Sephiroth summoning Meteor is the deciding factor here.
It is not exactly known how the knowledge of the Ancients is diffused into Mako energy.
Even with the secret magic of Meteor, and the possesion of the Black Materia,
without the ability to move himself about at liberty it makes a messanger nessecery.

ティファ「それが……ジェノバ?」
Tifa: So that would be......Jenova?

ヴィンセント「いや……ちがう」
Vincent: No......it's different.

ルーファウス「なろほどセフィロスめ。そういうことだったのか」
Rufus: I see it's Sephiroth. It's just as you said.

振り返るとルーファウスが立っている。
Everyone turns around as Rufus enters.

(And just because it's funny... I love Tifa's reaction to Vincent's monologue. I mean... honestly...

Tifa: So that would be......Jenova?

Vincent: No......its different. Were you paying attention to my monologue? *inches hand toward gun to pistol-whip her*)

~中略~
~Omission~

ルーファウス「さあ、そこをどいてもらあうか、お前たちには高すぎるおもちゃだ。
Rufus: So, there is the one you've come to meet, you should climb up there like good playthings.

(That is oddly appropiate if you know the big spolier about Rufus in Before Crisis.)

レッドXIII「ムチャだ。まわりのマテリアをよく見るんじゃ。」
Red XIII: That's absurd. We can't even see around the circumference of this materia.

500個のマテリアのなかでは、邪悪な生命体(モンスター)がいまいも目覚めようとしている。
Within the 500 million cubic meters of materia something sinister (A monster) begins to awaken.

レッドXIII「セフィロスの意志はよほど強力なんさろう。
この星に内在する邪悪なエネルギーをすべて引き寄せづ力を持っている。
その邪悪な念が結晶となったのがこのマテリアたちだ。
邪悪な軍団を作り上げるための兵隊たちをも作り出したのだ。
これらのマテリアは言ってみればふ化する寸前の卵。
少しでも衝撃を与えるとマテリアが砕け、悪魔たちが目を覚ますぞ」 
Red XIII: Sephiroth has an incredibly strong will.
So much so that the evil inherent in the Planet is pulled in by the force of this power.
And those evil intentions have crystalized themselves within the materia here.
This evil is fabricating itself into an army, it's only purpose to produce soliders.
These walls of materia, you could say, have been transformed into an egg shell.
With the smallest shock the materia could crack, and then the demons would awaken.

(Okay, now this is a very intriguing peice of exposition as it implicates Sephiroth has having had a hand in WEAPONs creation instead of them being a purely defensive measure by the Planet. Also, the comparison to an army is quite appropiate, ne? Now, I'd like to mention that part of this idea was incorporated into the novella, Voyage of the Madien, wherein Sephiroth's spirit travels the Lifestream collecting the souls of the black-hearted to increase his power.)

~中略~
~Omission~

クラウドの様子がおかしい。ユーザーのキー入力を受けつけず、
巨大マテリアのセフィロスに向かった歩き出す。
どのキーを押しても、あやつられているような感じ。
クラウドはセフィロスのマテリアの表面に剣で傷をつけ、黒マテリアを植えつける。
Cloud's appearance is odd. The user regains input at this point.
He is to be walked up to face Sephiroth's materia.
Depening on the button pressed, the user can make him display various emotions.
(Press the action button and) Cloud pierces the surface of the materia with his sword, and implants the Black Materia within.

(Personally, I think that's cooler than the final FMV.)

ティファ「クラウド!何をするの?ダメよ。
そんなことしたら、メテオの呪文をセフィロスは唱えてしまうわ!」
Tifa: Cloud! What are you doing? Stop it.
If you do that, Sephiroth will be able to recite the Meteor spell!

シォン「狂っただ?」
Tseng: Has he gone mad?

(Yes, you read that right. Tseng, present and accounted for, inside the Mako Cave. Proof that he was always meant to have lived perhaps?)

ルーファウス「いや、ちがう。あれはヤツの本当の姿だ」
Rufus: No, that's not it. That's what the bastard's true nature is.

レッドXIII「何を言う!」
Red XIII: What are you saying!

ルーファウス「セフィロスの言ったよおり、あいつはこの世に存在していない人間。
あいつはセフィロスの作り出した影なんだ。(クラウドに向かった)
セフィロスが魔晄炉に落ちて死んだき、
セフィロスは生きねばならないよいう強い念を持っていた。
その結果産み出だれたのがセフィロスの影。
クラウド、お前のことじゃないのか?
Rufus: As Sephiroth said, his place in existence is not quite as a human.
He is the shadow side that Sephiroth has produced. (He turns to Cloud.)
Sephiroth should've died upon falling into the Mako reactor,
but he lived because his will must've carried him through it.
This result came about due to the existence of Sephiroth's shadow side.
Cloud, isn't that you?

(....I'm not going to say how and where that idea was reused for fear of spoilers, but I'm sure a good portion of you know.)

クラウド「私の意志を完成させる、メトオの取得が必要だった。
しかし、それには自由に動ける身体が必要だった。
その強い意志がクラウドという存在を作り出した。
クラウドの持っていた記憶はクラウドのものではない。
セフィロスの記憶だ。
クラウドは記憶のなかに作り出していた『クラウド』の姿は実体のないもの。
セフィロスのある一部分の感情が具現化した存在だったのだ」
Cloud: For my will to be complete, it was necessary to acquire Meteor.
However, since I don't have the freedom to move around a messanger was necessary.
My strong will is as you said what produced Cloud's existence.
The memories that Cloud has are not actually Cloud's.
They're Sephiroth's memories.
The Cloud that has been produced from those memories is not the same substance as "Cloud's" appearance.
Sephiroth has confused his existence with a peice of memory.

(Wow.... it is terribly hard to communicate what's going on. First off, I hope you notice that Cloud is the one using "Watashi," which is used by Sephiroth when he's insane. But moreover... half way through the coversation they're both speaking in the third person. x_x; Or it's Jenova speaking through Cloud..... I'm not sure what is going on other than it's terribly confusing.

I'm not sure if I like this more than the "Cloud was created by Tifa's memories" plotpoint Sephiroth tried to work with. Personally, I think that one works a little better than this.....)

ルーファウス「セフィロスの野望を阻止するつもりでいたが、
かえって利用されただけだったとはな」
Rufus: And while it seemed like your intention was to hinder Sephiroth's ambitions,
on the contrary he was really just using you.

クラウド「しかしクラウドの役目もここであしまいだ」
Cloud: Nevertheless, it was Cloud's duty to come here.

And that's all I have for today. Next up is Hojo's bonus scene. Again, any comments and questions are welcome. ^_^
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 21 comments