R. Kasahara (blueshinra) wrote in adventchildren_,
R. Kasahara
blueshinra
adventchildren_

• Mood:

No Love For the Cetra

(Warning: Rant ahead)

Okay, there's a trend I've been noticing here as of late, and I find it disturbing...

Namely, WTF is up with all the Aeris hatred?

I can understand not wanting her to come back to life because it would rob her death of its meaning, but not wanting her to come back because you don't like the character? That's just mean and petty.

I can understand why some people wouldn't like her. Then again, I fully understand why people may not like Tifa, Cait Sith, Yuffie, and even Cloud! However, I find it strange that no one's complaining about their presense (or celebrating the lack thereof) in AC (speaking of Cait/Reeve and Yuffie... I still think they're going to be in AC-- we just haven't yet seen the screenshots to prove it!).

So, to clarify my position: I don't want Aeris to come back, but it's not because I have anything against her. I certainly don't dislike Tifa, despite whatever flaws she may have; she's a very important character and I'm glad to see her in AC. And I most especially don't want Sephiroth to come back to life either, despite him being such a cool villain in the original game.

Please leave Aeris in peace. Hating her won't get you anywhere, and it certainly won't affect what her presence in AC will turn out to be.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 50 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →