?

No account? Create an account

04 June 2004 @ 08:32 pm
They live?  
Regarding an earlier post here that claimed to be information from the most recent Famitsu magazine:

Upon checking out the site itself, I found that the article contained no reference links, and, as it turns out, the information itself was pulled from a Japanese fansite, not Famitsu itself, as was implied. I went to Adventchildren.net in search of similar info, and found that as far as dead Shinra characters go, there are no named names (this is in both the site's translation and my own raw trans. of their source through Babelfish). There's also an interview with Tetsuya Nomura where he hints at possible appearances by Red XIII and Cait Sith.

Honestly, I don't think Square would be that careless to give away who's alive and who's not. For one thing, it kills some of the speculation surrounding the Wheelchair Person's true identity. For another, despite which characters are the most popular or not, I for one believe that if any one of the eight surviving members of the original party were absent, it would lessen the role of the sequel. All of them enriched the FF7 story in their own ways. I have faith that all of them will appear, despite whatever popularity contests exist-- consider that Barret is confirmed to be in AC, but he's not nearly as popular as, say, Cid, or even Yuffie.

Current Mood: infuriatedinfuriated
Current Music: Street Figher Tribute Album

shinra_turk on June 5th, 2004 02:14 am (UTC)
Yeah, as soon as I saw the FF7.ac post I checked Adventchildren.net and saw nothing that would lead me to believe Reeve, Elena and the rest are dead. However...
Thanks for figuring out it was pulled from a fansite. Now I can rest easy knowing that Reeve is probably still alive. :D

Yeah, as I said before- FF7ac.net= Bull
Summoner Yunasparkliediamond on June 5th, 2004 03:05 am (UTC)
Good point with Barret. I wonder how Cait Sith's and Red's animation would look though....

~Lady Yuna
Ansem, seeker of the cock: Cloud - citypowercorrupts on June 5th, 2004 03:07 am (UTC)
Better than a pile of pink & black and orange boxes, respectively, I hope. xD Can't be any worse than their old ones, that's for certain.
Summoner Yunasparkliediamond on June 5th, 2004 03:08 am (UTC)
Lmao, to true. Good one. ^.^

~Lady Yuna
(Deleted comment)
R. Kasahara: coolguyblueshinra on June 5th, 2004 02:41 pm (UTC)
I say, let's wait for the movie and see.

(nods in agreement) I feel much the same way ^_^