Amanda (fathoms_deep) wrote in adventchildren_,
Amanda
fathoms_deep
adventchildren_

Animation Peeves

Cloud's face: Why is it that from frame to frame for the first 30-50 minutes of the movie, Cloud has almost no difference in facial expressions. It's just frustrating because during the "Defeated by our Memories" scene type thing with Tifa, I couldn't see a damn thing on my computer..and I wanted to get every bit of Cloud's tortured, angsty fce I could.. but i couldn't.. he was almost impassive save but for eyes, which I could barely see.

Also, some people's animation was better than others. Vincent's... he's very pretty. But he doesn't smile. He doesn't do *anything*. Just frowns and/or blank stares with that intense, focused gaze of his.

Loz's animation always seemed to be pretty cool. Just the way his face was. So mean. Angry. pet peeve: his eyes look red-rimmed all the time like he really *is* a cry-baby and spends maybe ten minutes out of every day shooting up on heroin or bawling his eyes out.

but then, Loz is probably meant to look like a crazy, sexy crackhead.

There's an absurd lack of full body shots of people walking... just bits and pieces. Plus the scenes seemed to switch back and forth too much, 'camera angles' a bit wild... know what I mean?

I still love the movie to death. But sometimes I wish I had a little control board to make my eyeballs stop hating me whenever I finish the movie.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 25 comments