?

No account? Create an account

04 June 2004 @ 07:39 am

$570 dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38588&item=8108591736&rd=1

I remember wanting that a long time ago.. wasn't nearly that expensive... oohh dearrr. I almost had it, too, for like $30-something. AND I WON THE BID. but i totally forgot that I had bid for it and after awhile I got negative feedback and stuff. fsljksf

Sarasarabella on June 4th, 2004 01:07 pm (UTC)
Oh man, that stinks.

I think they're re-releasing the Cloud & Aerith ones, as there seems to be a surge of them on Ebay for around $58. Maybe they'll be re-releasing Sephiroth and the rest, too?
R. Kasaharablueshinra on June 4th, 2004 10:47 pm (UTC)
They don't look like rereleases, but the actual original statues (the most recent figures in the series, Tifa #2 and Vincent, came out last year). I think it's probably the resurgance of interest in FF7 that's encouraged the posting of such items on eBay.

Myself? I'm waiting for an auction on the Kotobukiya model of the Highwind-- one that starts at less than $1000 US that is :P
Sarasarabella on June 5th, 2004 02:58 am (UTC)
It's mostly comic book/video game ebay stores that are doing the selling of the statues, for such low prices -- even lower than the original retail price of $74.99 ... and in seemingly mass-quantities. A lot of online stores seem to be making them available all of a sudden, too, but they all say that the statues won't be shipped out of Japan until October.

In addition to that, the catalogue scans and descriptions of the statues look pretty new too. "Have you got game? You will when you order the Final Fantasy VII resin statues from Kotobukiya! Choose from the perky, faithful, and steadfast Aerith, or the giant-sword-wielding hero, Cloud. Imported from Japan" -- All of the online stores and ebay sellers seem to be using that description... which makes me guess that it's something that's printed in their ordering catalogs somewhere?

If they are being re-released, they'll probably come in a different box, and probably NOT come with a serial number (the Tifa Version #2 statues didn't come with serial numbers) which would separate them from the original releases... but who knows.

It is possible that a huge warehouse in Japan could have been stockpiling these statues for a long time, and for some reason has decided to ship them all out now, for low prices... But I'm going to guess that perhaps it's a re-release. But, I could be wrong...

That Highwind statue is BAD ASS. Too bad it's always so expensive... Blaaah.
R. Kasaharablueshinra on June 5th, 2004 03:15 pm (UTC)
Well, I haven't read anything about there being rereleases of FF7 statues-- I'd guess that if there was, the import and specialty toy/collectable stores would be all over it. I'll keep an eye on these, and on Diamond Comics Distributors as well.

I think that a rerelease of the original Koto figures is unlikely, especially since there were prototype Advent Children figures shown at E3 and elsewhere (of Cloud and Fenrir, Tifa, and Vincent). These will probably be the next wave of FF7 collectables that Square plans on releasing.
sekhmetmeset on June 4th, 2004 01:15 pm (UTC)
That is so lovely! Unfortunatly, it's too expensive for me :(

Sephiroth goodness. . .(sighs)

Meset
relm_asellus on June 4th, 2004 03:23 pm (UTC)
Wow, $30 is way cheap even for a statue. Are you sure you weren't bidding for the model kit, because those are usually around $30-$50.
I want a cloud statue, but I'm going to just buy the kit and make it myself... not the same at all, but it's in my pricerange.
Sarasarabella on June 5th, 2004 03:00 am (UTC)
Wait until you do.... there are quite a few Cloud Kotobukiya statues becoming available for around $60 for some reason (-- but like I said in my comment above, with most places, they won't be shipped out of Japan until October).
Flyckertubaplayerjk on June 4th, 2004 05:12 pm (UTC)
*wants an FF7 statue*
Lisa!neon_blue on June 4th, 2004 07:00 pm (UTC)
Sephiroth is so cool. Yep. Uh huh!