Made of iLiner (aurora_requiem) wrote in adventchildren_,
Made of iLiner
aurora_requiem
adventchildren_

• Mood:
  • Music:

Carl Orff = Sephiroth fandom

I didn't know this before, but the origin for the original One-Winged Angel is Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. I haven't heard it before, but my mom, who strongly dislikes everything anime-realated (and therefore Sephiroth), says it sounds just like "that freaky song you like". (Told ya. -_-') It basically has all the lyrics, albeit out of order, in the song (except of course for the word Sephiroth).

Here's the link:

http://www.classical.net/music/comp.lst/works/orff-cb/carmlyr.html

The song lyrics are contained in parts 11, 20, and 25.

THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!! ^_^ I'm going to go buy the CD of it if I can. It's probably either at our Borders or Barnes & Noble book stores.

Just a random thought: I don't really like the new version of One-Winged Angel all that much, musically speaking. I mean, it's okay, but they added new melodic parts, and I'm so uber-confused. I found the lyrics/translation on adventchildren.net, I think, so I'll try to learn this one, also. Yes, I learned all the words by heart to the original, and can play part of it on the piano. I love singing it, opera-style and everything. ^_^ (I'm a chorus nerd, it's true.)

So, any thoughts?

Oh, and if anyone finds the lyrics/sheet music to "The Promised Land" (the opening song there Marlene narrates), PLEASE, PLEASE SEND IT TO ME!! I so want to be able to sing it. Right now, I'm stuck humming it and trying to pick out parts on the piano. When a song's in SATB (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) format, it's hard to hear all the parts individually!!
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 29 comments