?

No account? Create an account

08 May 2004 @ 11:28 am

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

With the new scans added, new details have emerged from the JUMP magazine where the scans originated from. To prove fact, Tifa Lockheart and the Turks are indeed making their debut in Advent Children, proving to have a strong role.

The names of the three mystery men were also announced, having quite funny names. Rods ( Rozu ) is the man with the short hair, the second one with hair down to his shoulders is Kaddish ( Kadaju ) and the one with the longest hair is Yazoo ( Yazu. )

The article also explains tie-in's between characters. Conflict will arise between Vincent and the Turks, Cloud and Yazoo ( whom he is seen fighthing against in the new scans ) Tifa and Rods, and now also confirmed to be appearing in AC, Marlene with previously announced returning character, Barrett. The article also confirms that Advent Children will see a Summer 2004 release in Japan.

~ ff7ac.net

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

mako_anime on May 8th, 2004 06:54 pm (UTC)
YAY!!! Was one of the new screenshots Marlene? My friend and I were having an argument about whether it was Marlene or Yuffie...^^;

So happy that there will be conflict between Vincent and the Turks. I desperately wanted them to go into more detail with each other during FF7 since he was one of the Turks, but, ah...yay for Advent Children!
sarcasm extraordinairealmostsurprised on May 8th, 2004 06:57 pm (UTC)
Yup, the screenshot of the little girl is indeed Marlene. The girl looks too young to actually be Yuffie.
shinken on May 10th, 2004 02:27 am (UTC)
I thought it was Yuffie too at first, because of the way Marlene is standing in the picture.
darkazriel on May 8th, 2004 09:30 pm (UTC)
We should just start calling him Yazu instead of Yazoo. It looks a lot more normal... But if their names have only been released in katakana, how do we know that Kadaju is Kaddish? Maybe his name is Kadaju.
sarcasm extraordinaire: Kyo // Something Special // by murr_iconalmostsurprised on May 8th, 2004 09:33 pm (UTC)
Well, that's how I read them in katakana and i have to say that they sound way better the katakana way instead of the translated way. But seriously, how do you get Kaddish from Kadaju? Rods..Rozu..they could've called him Roz instead. Roz sounds way better than Rods.
(Deleted comment)
sarcasm extraordinaire: Helen & Hector // Back Off // by eomers_almostsurprised on May 8th, 2004 09:47 pm (UTC)
Notice how all three of their names end in the "u" sound. KadaJU, YaZU, RoZU. They ruined a thing that they were going for! Or maybe i'm just over analyzing their names ^_^x.
Ansem, seeker of the cock: Sephiroth - Puppetpowercorrupts on May 10th, 2004 08:52 pm (UTC)
Well, I'm pretty sure that that just has to do with the way that katakana works. If you looked at most of the FFVII characters, you'd find the same thing was true with them - Sephirosu, Aerisu ... Those that don't end in an o sound, like Kuraudo, Binsento, etc.
All consonants in japanese are followed by a vowel, excepting "n". As a result, in katakana to represent words that end in a consonant other than "n", they must put the most unobtrusive one, usually being "u", since the sound is usually said more quietly than other vowel sounds. So we're just guessing on spellings at the minute - Kadaju could be Kadaj in most likelihood, for instance, which could be spelled many ways. (I'm currently rootings for Kadage, just because I like the look of that one best. =D)
I don't know about any of the others.
LukaZ: the Cinematic Megalomaniacfilmlife on May 8th, 2004 11:13 pm (UTC)
And because America is loved so much...
The article also confirms that Advent Children will see a Summer 2004 release in Japan and NEVER TO BE RELEASED IN NORTH AMERICA..
(Deleted comment)
LukaZ: the Cinematic Megalomaniacfilmlife on May 9th, 2004 12:07 am (UTC)
Re: And because America is loved so much...
*falls on the floor laughing his ass off*

I was just kidding when I wrote that. It's not true...
Summoner Yunasparkliediamond on May 9th, 2004 03:17 am (UTC)
Oh that was way way way way cruel, you gave me a heart attack! You could have killed me! Really, I have strep so I'm not all strong right now to take that :) Hehe Im just kidding, but you did scare me, you Sephiroth you. ^_-!!!!
Summoner Yunasparkliediamond on May 9th, 2004 03:18 am (UTC)
Oh.......I was referring to Adventchild13's comment, I should have said that, now I just sounded crazy....yup thats the fever talking..
Brian Poperecipefordeath on May 9th, 2004 10:20 pm (UTC)
Their names being spelt all like that.

Makes you curious if they'll have any ties with Tseng from the turks...?
Tseng, Rods, Kaddish, and Yazoo.
It kind of goes well. But that's coming from a completely different aspect.
However, I bet you they are avenging Sephiroth's death (if he is, in fact, dead). Kind of like Sephy's children. ya know? But, whatever.

- Brian
Ansem, seeker of the cock: Cloud - citypowercorrupts on May 10th, 2004 08:55 pm (UTC)
Rods, Kaddish, & Yazoo are NOT how Squeenix is spelling them. They are a completely fan-translated thing that is quite inaccurate, if you ask me. Thus they can have no correlation such as that you speak of - their names right now have not been released in english, only in japanese katakana. And they are Rozu, Kadaju, & Yazu in that. Just like Cloud is Kuraudo & Vincent is Binsento.
It's hard to draw comparisons between names in katakana, unfortunately, because most of the purpose of the language is to stand in for sounds that it is not capable of making. As a result... it leaves something to be desired.
Flyckertubaplayerjk on May 11th, 2004 04:52 am (UTC)
First off let me just say your icon rocks!

Second, I never knew that Cloud is Kuraudo & Vincent is Binsento in katakana, or whatever it is.

That's very interesting news to me
Ansem, seeker of the cock: Sephiroth - Puppetpowercorrupts on May 11th, 2004 05:30 am (UTC)
Well, Katakana can be read different ways, which I think is the cause of the problem here, but that's what the textbooks I've seen always say the characters that make up those two's names ought to be. ^^ (Look Sensei, reading FFVII smut doujinshi really HAS helped my japanese! xD)
More of the others are more straight-forward, though, like Tifa, Marlin, or Barreto.
And, yeah, I'm an icon dweeb. =D
Flyckertubaplayerjk on May 11th, 2004 06:04 am (UTC)
At least there bad-ass, unlike mine.

I actually stole the picture for this one from the moderators drawing. And with permission of course, came out with this. It's really nothing, I can't come up with neat phrases and stuff.

Very interesting
Brian Poperecipefordeath on May 11th, 2004 09:47 pm (UTC)
Ooohh yeah. Well that was a waste of my time lol.
Translations suck.

:D

- Brian