skribbl3d (ex_skribbl3) wrote in adventchildren_,
skribbl3d
ex_skribbl3
adventchildren_

• Mood:

Final Fantasy for PS3 in the works (Subtle hint a possible remake?)

During an interview with the Japan Gaming Magazine "Dengeki Playstation", Yoshinori Kitase (Director of Final Fantasy VII) revealed a Final Fantasy title is in the works for the PS3.

With the recent denials that a remake of Final Fantasy VII is in the works for the PS3, serveral sites have speculated that this may be Final Fantasy XIII. To this speculation Kitase-san responded...

"As a hint, one thing I can say is that the FFVII technical PS3 demo was supervised by me and created by Toriyama-san (Main Director on Final Fantasy X-2) and his team staff. I'll leave it to you, but you can imagine that development is happening via a similar process."

Interesting hint, but it could mean a couple of things;
- A remake of FFVII is in the making for PS3
- The engine used for the tech demo is being re-used for Final Fantasy XIII, like the engine of the PS2 tech demo (Final Fantasy VIII dancing scene) was apparently re-used for Final Fantasy X.
- The experience gained from creating the FFVII tech demo is being used to create a new, even better engine.

Basically, the list is endless... who knows, maybe a remake of FFVII will see the light of day afterall, or maybe not.

news from adventchildren.net
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 7 comments