Shadow-Filled-Room (shadow_room) wrote in adventchildren_,
Shadow-Filled-Room
shadow_room
adventchildren_

• Mood:

More observations and questions about the trailers.

(This post will have spoilers for the FFVII game and all of the trailers released for FFVII:AC so far… To be safe, I thought I’d stick a warning on here >__>;;;…)

A while ago I was watching the trailers (for the first time with subbs) with a friend and discussing them with her… and a few interesting questions (at least, I thought they were interesting) came up…

Here is part of the actual conversation my friend and I had, that prompted most of the questions listed in this post (it was late at night and we were both really tired, so if anything we say is weird to you, forgive us. >__>;;;; ) :

(“S” is me and “O” is my friend)

O: You know... it'd be kinda scary if that (the guy in the wheelchair) was Zack and Zack didn't really die... >_>

S: O_____________O OMG... I didn't think of that...
S: but...
S: …
S: Cloud SAW him die...
S: ...didn’t he?

O: Did he really die?
O: Maybe he was close to dying?
O: Did he see them bury him?

S: Then again... Cloud WAS pretty messed up in the head at that point. >_>;

O: Yeah...
O: =x

S: Well, how else would Cloud end up with Zack's sword?

O: Didn't he just take it?

S: No... I think the whole sentimental/symbolic-thing about it, was that it meant a lot to Cloud because it was Zack's sword, and he was his friend(?) and Cloud was with him/saw him when he died... but... I think the game was pretty vague about that...

O: I think so too...
O: See… we saw Zack get shot right? Then Cloud gets Zack's sword....
O: But Cloud WAS pretty messed up into thinking Zack's life was kinda... meshed with his...

S: Yeah... …But I don't remember EVER actually SEEING Zack shot... when did that happen in the game? a__@?...

O: When they came and shot him?--right? Twice? Or so? When they were at that mountain place...
O: Then they left Cloud alone because he was pretty messed up.

S: I don't remember... I haven't played it in so long... (Not since my PS2 stopped reading PS1 discs.) X__X

O: X_x Me too... I'll go check on the internet and see if they have something that says what happens...
O: I'm sure there's something...

S: Like a game script.... That one site used to have it... ...Okay.

O: Here...
O: Remember the lab reports?
O:

A further search of the library next to the lab reveals reports on the hunt for
Zack and Cloud.

"Escape report no.1
X month X day
The two escapee's located near Midgar"

"Escape report no. 2
Description at the time of capture.
A - Former member of SOLDIER/Number ( )
No effect could be detected from either Mako Radiation Therapy or Jenova on him
B - Regular/Number ( )
Reaction to Jenova detected."

"Escapee report no.3
Concerning their disposal.
A - Shot for resisting.
B - Escaped during A's resistance."

"Escapee report no.4
Other.
B's whereabouts is currently unknown. But, we submit there is no need to
pursue him, due to his diminishing consciousness. Awaiting further
instructions."

O: A is Zack and B is Cloud.

S: Oh yeah...
S: *reads it again* …And they NEVER said that Zack died...
S: Hummmmmmmm....

O: Hmmm....
O: Maybe they went back to get Zack later?

S: I don’t know... hummm...

O: I mean... where DID Zack's body go?

S: Hum.

O: I love these "what if" questions. XD

S: Me too. ^__^

O: Okay, I'm at the place where he jabs his sword into the ground....
O: Um... >_< What's the town way over there?

S: I think it's Midgar (Sp?)…

O: Wait...
O: But didn't Zack die near where Cloud and Tifa's home was?

S: Erm....

O: Nibelheim?

S: I don't... remem-- yeah... maybe...

O: I... I can't remember!!!
O: ... let me refer to the plot guide... >_>;;

S: XD;;

O: Oh no! You are right! "Finally within sight of Midgar, Zack is killed and the Shinra soldiers leave Cloud because they can't be bothered to take him back (they write in the report that he escaped, to save them the trouble). Cloud, still delirious makes his way to Midgar with Zack’s uniform and Sword."

S: …The SCRIPT says that? >_>

O: No, just the guy's speculation. I'm going to check the script now.
O: It... doesn't say. wtf...

S: O_O
S: So...
S: It’s possible (slim chance, though it may be) that Zack COULD still be alive...

O: Hmmmm.....

S: but you would think that Cloud would be DAMN sure that his friend was dead before leaving him. o_O;

O: He's sick remember?
O: And he put on Zack's clothes... and took his sword...
O: And thought all Zack's accomplishments were his...
O: I wonder if he'd be sane enough to bury Zack?

S: XD;
S: But... something had to have pushed Cloud over the edge... and wouldn't a friend dieing do that?

O: Yeah, but he could've THOUGHT he was dead... which pushed him over the edge
O: Remember? He sees his friend get shot...

S: Yeah...
S: And he and Zack DID have all that crap happen to them in the lab...

O: Yeah…

S: …*watching the trailer* "Only you can do this" <--? Do what...? humm... and if the sliver-haired-boys are with (the wheelchair guy)... then why... do they attack Cloud, if Cloud is (possibly) helping/working with (the wheelchair guy) and they are (possibly) working with him as well?

O: See... I think there must've been a disagreement...

S: Hum.

O: I think (the wheelchair guy) means by "only you can do this" that only Cloud is capable of stopping those silver-haired boys...

S: Ah~~ but the real question there is; how would he know that?

O: Hummmm…

~*~

And here are the observations and questions…

(I’ll number these so that they will be easier to reply to)

1: Is Zack dead? I know that in FFVII it says that he was shot… but does it ever say that he actually died? I’m just wondering… because of what Cloud says in the trailers: “I want to be forgiven”. …I was wondering if it meant that he was sorry (or wanting Zack’s forgiveness) that Zack died, or because Zack was shot and Cloud somehow had to leave him when he was hurt, or that Zack was shot and recaptured. But, if Zack is alive… how did Cloud end up with his clothes/sword…?

The question above came from my friend saying; “You know... it'd be kinda scary if that (the guy in the wheelchair) was Zack and Zack didn't really die... >_> ” I had never even thought of that before so I was pretty shocked, but then I got to thinking about something else…

2: If the guy in the wheelchair isn’t Sephiroth, like most everyone seems to think, who could he be, and why, in the first trailer, does Kadaj kneel down and take the guy in the wheelchair’s hand (as if he’s bowing down to his ‘Lord’)? And why in the second trailer, in the English-voice trailer at the end, do you see Kadaj with him again in a broken-down building? Also, if Kadaj really is with the guy in the wheelchair… why does the wheelchair guy say “Kadaj and his gang are young and fierce. Thus, they are extremely dangerous.” And; “Only you can do this.” To Cloud in a way that makes you think he’s trying to get Cloud to ‘take care of them (‘them’ being Kadaj and his gang)’ or something. I just think it’s strange that, (if it’s Sephiroth in the wheelchair) he would be telling Cloud to maybe attack his own people… unless he’s just trying to throw Cloud off from thinking he’s with them... And… if it’s Sephiroth, you would think Cloud would recognize his voice >__>…

3: Is it possible that ‘Star Scar Syndrome’ and ‘Geostigma’ are two completely different things and not just two names for the same thing?

4: When Marlene picks up that dirty cloth/bandage and says “It's the same as Denzel's... Does this mean Cloud is sick too?” Why would a dirty cloth/bandage make her think Cloud was sick with the same thing as Denzel? …Since the cloth/bandage looked like it had gray/black stuff on it… does that mean that those that are sick with ‘Geostigma’ ooze some kind of gray or black stuff out of their wounds/skin? But maybe the cloth is just dirty… but ‘just being dirty’ wouldn’t explain why, when Marlene saw the bandage, she thought Cloud was sick too.

5: Why is Kadaj trying to recruit kids to fight with him? Is he only doing it because they have ‘Geostigma’ or is there some other, more sinister, reason? I can see how, if he has a lot of kids on his side, that people who are fighting against him wouldn’t want to have to fight little kids, so they would be hindered a bit and forced to be more careful in how they fight, unlike Kadaj and his guys, who cloud fight at full strength, when they fight Cloud and his people…

6: Also, something I’ve noticed… I think Cloud has at least 5 different swords that he fights with in the trailers… A ‘plain” sword, a ‘thinner’ sword that is in the motorcycle… (OMG… I just watched that part over again (in the first trailer) and the sword Cloud pulls out of the bike is thinner at first, but then it opens up into a wider blade… it looks so cool when it does that…(this is also the sword he fights with when Loz is so fast and knocks Cloud back) ), A smaller sword/dagger that he pulls out after Kadaj knocks the ‘plain’ one out of his hand in the first trailer, one with circles cut out of it all along it’s length and some kind of… red… cylinder thing within the blade, near the hilt (you see this during the motorcycle chase/fight), and the one, at the end of trailer four, where Cloud flies down to the ground, the sword that he stab’s into the ground… it has a jagged part toward the hilt and six holes right below that. (And also there’s Zack’s sword, which may not count, because it seems like Cloud may never fight with it in AC…)

(Watching that last part again, the big… Mt. of… rock/dust(?) that rushes toward Cloud after he jabs the sword in the ground… it looks like… there is a human form in front of/behind it… *squints at the trailer* This may connected to that small clip of Sephiroth at the end of the trailer… but it’s to hard to tell…)

7: I’ve noticed in some of the trailers… you can see the wheelchair guy’s neck more… and just under his chin/jaw line it looks like there is cloth or a bandage wrapped there… (you can see it really well in the third trailer) Does this mean that the wheelchair guy may have ‘Geostigma’ too, if he’s not Sephiroth? …Oh… ick… (A thought just came to me) What if the reason he has that bandage around his neck is because Kadaj and his people cloned a body… and attached Jenova’s head to it. That would be so creepy… *shudders*

8: Is there a reason that Cloud has his left arm covered up? Is there something wrong with it, or is it just part of his ‘style’ now? The reason I’m wondering about this… is because in the third trailer, Vincent seems to be fixing/bandaging that arm… and while he’s doing that, he’s talking to Cloud about ‘Goestigma’…

9: If Cloud really says “I want to be forgiven.” To Aerith… and the way he says it… does it mean that Aerith is not the one he wants to forgive him? If she’s not, then who? Zack, or possibly Sephiroth for some reason?

10: OMG… watching the fourth trailer again… at the part that the monsters start attacking everyone… I saw Denzel and this question popped into my head… What if… “Geostigma’ (or something/someone else) turns the kids into those monsters? That… would suck… >_>

11: When Kadaj has that container and then bends over, yelling… you can see a little of the container… and wrapped around it is some kind of yellow tape… and on the tape are some words… I’m not sure, but I think they say (in English) “seal”… If I’m right, and since the tape is yellow, I think it’s like the medical/warning tape they put on things that are a biohazard… (like something contaminated with a virus). I have two really good screenshots of it… but no place to really host them, or I’d show you what I’m talking about. *sighs*

Anyway, if Jenova is really in that container it would make sense that someone would have put some kind of warning tape/seal on it. But if Kadaj’s ‘people’ (or whoever is with him in all of this) always had the container then why would they have put the tape/seal on it? I don’t think they would think Jenova is a biohazard. >_> So, the container must have previously belonged to someone who did think that whatever was in the container (Jenova?) was ‘hazardous’. Erm… what am I trying to say? a__@;;; Erm, I guess what I’m trying to say is that I think Cloud may have gotten that container from someplace/someone (the guy in the wheelchair?) and when he was being chased/attacked by Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo, and that Kadaj may have taken it from Cloud at that point…

12: If that big monster Cloud fights isn’t a Summon (Bahamut?) and isn’t some kind of new monster Kadaj’s people made… then… could it be a WEAPON? If it is a WEAPON, then it’ll be really hard to kill. *remembers fighting the WEAPONs in FFVII and dieing. A lot* >__>;;;

~*~

Sorry for the long post (and sorry if any of the stuff above has already been discussed)… I guess I just really think too much about stuff sometimes. Eh heh. >__>;;;;;

(Also, let me know if the LJ-cuts don’t work; I’ll go back and fix them next time I’m logged in)
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 26 comments