May 1st, 2006

fluttershy

onomastics

Names have always fascinated me. And I do wonder, where did some from the Final Fantasy series come from? Some are easy, like Cait Sith being from mythology, Cloud being... a cloud. Tifa... I'm sure I could easily find that name in some odd-name name site, or maybe it's a Tiffany offshoot.

Kinda cute: meaning of Barret? "little hardy bear" according to one site. *g*

When looking up Yazoo I found he was the name of a band, an indian tribe, and... my favorite:
"Yazoo is the great tasting milkshake from Campina and comes in 4 fantastic flavours: strawberry, chocolate, banana and vanilla ice cream flavour." Anyone else wanna break into song? My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, my milkshake's better than yours...

And Loz? Cracks me up... I woulda never thought of THIS except it was the first thing to come up on wiki. *g*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loz

So any other possibilities for Loz and Yazoo? Where did Square get the names? Why? And what about Kadaj? His name is too well linked to Advent Children for me to even bother googling and seeing what oddities, if any, pop up. And what about Sephiroth? Yuffie?

I'm sure names have been discussed before, so if anyone has links they wanna throw at me, I got my catcher's mitt ready.
八百万の神 // ♥ tastymint ♥

(no subject)

Photoshop + weird pairing seems to be the winner so far. I'll talk to the co-mods about it as soon as I can. Will update y'all soon.

Also, while I was on the subway to school and spacing out (probably drooling on myself), I was seriously zoning out on an idea of a Reunion. It'd be called Reunion, because the thought of it being called Reunion makes me giggle and bounce off of walls, but....

well, it'd be like what happened with Otakon last year. Maybe it can happen this year. Maybe we can have our Adventchildren_ Reunion. :|

Maybe rent a hotel room and pack everyone into it. LMFAO. Not like that's different than what actually goes on at Otakon!

Hmmmm. It would be fun. We could have name tags and everything, and of course, watch Advent Children. Somehow. And maybe do arts and crafts and baking. (.....) You know, making a giant Sephiroth head out of vegetables sounds like a pretty rad idea.

OK, BUT SERIOUSLY. I didn't pre-reg for Otakon because I had no intention of going, but.........

what do y'all think, out of those that think they'd be able to hopskipjump on over to Baltimore?

-Mod
Jude//2

If This Isn't Allowed Here Please Delete

The world of Final Fantasy VII is melded with our world. The towns in the game still exist, as does Shinra Power Electric Company, but they were not the ones who funded the Jenova project: the government did. Imagine being in a world where your government turns their people into monsters to win wars. Imagine the company hired to create these monsters is also killing the world slowly by stealing its energy, taking the Lifestream as a source of energy. And there has been an unexpected counter action with the Jenova cells: certain SOLDIERS have been condemed to death, the Jenova cells in their body slowly killing them from the inside.