November 10th, 2005

rin

Fanworks rec'ing!

Well, having rewatched AC last night, it really made me feel like reading some fic. However, with the size of the fandom, it's hard to dig through and find all the good stuff.
So, I thought it would nice/useful if people recommended their favourite fanworks (not just fic - also AMVs, art etc.), so people could quickly find some good quality things they haven't read/seen before.

A couple of my favourites;

Type: Fic
Title: A Long, Hard Road
Author: Twig
Summary: Five years after the end of the game, Hojo is in an all-out war against the Planet and the ShinRa armies, led by now-general Cloud Strife. What will happen, when ShinRa makes a desperate decision to resurrect the very person who nearly killed them all?
Comments: If you haven't read this, then... you really should. :p It is, IMO, the best piece of fanfiction around, any fandom. It's not for those who like short stories... at over a million words, it's long. But, it's utterly brilliant: until AC (or even, despite AC), this was my post-game canon. Plot, OCs, characterisation... all wonderful. Though it is about 80% angst. :P This next comment will probably please some and put off others: later on in the fic, it is Cloud/Sephiroth. But...wow. You haven't read believable C/S until you've read this. I'll stop gushing now, but it is highly recommended. :D

Type: AMV
Title: 'Betrayal'
By: Kryren
Song: Angels
Artist: Within Temptation
Comments So, really not the sort of music I like - but it's just so well done. The timing is great, and despite there being a couple of slightly awkward transitions, it just works extremely well. The lyrics of the song are rather apt too. Partly I just like it because it focuses on a certain impressive fight near the end. :p Obviously, spoilers.
  • Current Mood
    blah blah

Dirge of Cerberus

Hey People!!

New to this live Journal thing.. OMG Final fantasy Advent Children IS SOOOO AWESOME!!
OOOO I'm so inspired i just gotta do some drawings AHHHHH!!! just finished the layout for my page so maybe i can post some FF artwork(drifting).. Any who... does anyone know when the uk release for that new vincent game "Dirge Of Cerberus"?
I saw some really awesome pics of it around!!!! ahhhh!!!
  • Current Music
    Incubus: Drive
red

Kadaj fanlisting and fansite open!

Hey guys!

I finally opened up the approved Kadaj fanlisting (which is also a fansite xD;)
I know there are plenty of Kadaj fans here, so please feel free to join the fanlisting and check out the fansite ^^

I'm currently looking for donations for the media section... as you can see, I don't have much there XD; so if anyone would like to donate icons, wallpaper, fanart, fanfiction, or anything Kadaj-related, please do! You can leave a comment here or email me at dai[at]jouyouheki.net.

A dub, an AMV, a cosplay skit... Not quite what you think.

(See the edit! They work now!) I haven't posted these yet?

I keep hearing that these have been circling around the net, so if they've been posted before, my apologies. But anyways, I made a little "fandub" and an "amv" concerning... mostly Kadaj. This here's the fandub (scene where Kadaj is talking to the kids). It's a parody:

http://www.velvy.com/harlequin/download/jenovaism_parody.wmv (7 MB)

Here is the very short AMV done to Monty Python's "Knights of the Round Table" theme.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JJZMUHU7

And if you have any more time on your hands to download stuff, AC cosplay skit. That was performed way back in July! If you attended AX's masquerade, you might have seen it.

EDIT!!! CHANGED THE LINKS FOR THE AMV + SKIT. THEY WORK NOW.
  • Current Music
    Tommy Heavenly6--"Gothic Pink"