October 31st, 2005

it beats inside

AHEM

ADVENT CHILDREN TERMS
(Hiragana coming when I upload it...)

先輩 SENPAI: Image hosted by Photobucket.com Sometimes romanized as 'sempai'. Usually in reference to a student who is older (upper classman). For instance, a 10th grader might call a 12th grade 'senpai'. Often seen in reference to someone who has just 'been around longer' than the speaker. The opposite is 後輩 kouhai こうはい(lower classman).

相棒 AIBOU: Image hosted by Photobucket.com 'Partner'. In Yu-gi-oh it is used between the omote and the spirit. It is also the name of that mechanical dog that came out a while ago.

KAA-SAN: Image hosted by Photobucket.com 'Mother'. Okaa-san is usually what you have call other people's mothers. Your own mother can be Haha, Hahahue, Okaasan, okaachan, kaasan, kaachan etcetc... depending. Image hosted by Photobucket.com <--Mother kanji. The 'kaa' in Okaa-san and the 'haha' of 'hahahue'.

NII-SAN: Image hosted by Photobucket.com 'Older brother'. The variant of 'onii-san'. Not NI or ONI, ONI meaning demon :P. Image hosted by Photobucket.com <--- the Nii part of 'onii-san'. And the 'ani' of 'aniki' (also 'older brother').

NEE-SAN: ねえさん Is the form I believe Marlene uses to refer to Aeris. (Form of Onee-san, oneechan, neechan... ane/aneue).

lazulisong wins over me :o
Shachou 社主 しゃちょう - company head or leader (I think; that's what sounds closest anyway
(Kanji from wonderful mepwnage lazulisong for all of the above :D)

(If you have anymore questions or phrases/titles, don't feel afraid to comment, I'll edit as we go :D)
Kon!

(no subject)

Alright, very quick doodle I did in class, coloured in an effort to relieve boredom on my day off. You can actually see a few of the blue lines left over from the lined paper! Not meant to be anything special, hence the crappy colouring. May go back and fix up later. Coloured in photoshop.

Collapse )
♦ jongin

Question!

if this was asked before, don't be mad at me please ^_^

Can someone tell me, what actually the word "senpai" (I think this it the spelling) means? I heard Elena calling Tseng by this...
  • Current Music
    Within temptation - Angel