?

No account? Create an account

26 September 2004 @ 02:10 pm

Read recipefordeath's entry two posts down.

I totally think that we should do something like that. Anyone who can get together should on the release date.

I guess depending on where everyone is from is where everyone should be. I mean, I still think it would be cool to have it here in NYC. That way people who've never been here.. well.. your lovely mod can give you a tour. :3 And we can go to the japanese bookstores and be dorks and it'll be great.

So yeah. Opinions?

-mod

chris_sirhc on September 26th, 2004 06:26 pm (UTC)
I would try my hardest to go if we had one in NYC. I went there last summer and I loved it there. I <3 NYC
sweet_lil_witch on September 26th, 2004 06:39 pm (UTC)
I live in Canada so it'd take me, like, ten hours to get there. But I would totally want to go.
Matt_randallflagg_ on September 26th, 2004 06:50 pm (UTC)
That icon is great.
sweet_lil_witch on September 26th, 2004 08:27 pm (UTC)
^^ Thank you.
Sadakogoddess_jenova on September 26th, 2004 06:50 pm (UTC)
I wish I could go. :O But I can't drive.

Yet.
halloween: Lost and Alone zack(by me)vixias on September 26th, 2004 07:01 pm (UTC)
I cant drive either...Not to mention I would be scared to death to even try.^_^;; But it'd still be awsome
nephilimart on September 26th, 2004 07:03 pm (UTC)
Eh, I'm stuck over in England.
:')retry on September 26th, 2004 07:27 pm (UTC)
THAT'D BE FUN. HOLY CRAP. XD
And I live in NYC so it'd just be a few train rides for me. :D;;
minimoy on September 26th, 2004 08:10 pm (UTC)
If I could, I SOOOOO would.
I <3 NYC.
But I have absolute *no* way of getting there.
*much pouting*
俺の神, カダジュ: soldierpucchy_chicobo on September 26th, 2004 08:59 pm (UTC)
I think the idea is nice, but it is way too farfetched to ever happen.

The majority of people on this community who will get this idea are kids — kids who cannot go there, by way of the fact that either their parents won't let them, they have no money to go, or they're astringed to the idea of getting lost in New York. Not to mention you just don't wanna spend any money, kyrsModersator. >;D

But seriously, now, if any place should be decided, it should be in a central place to where all the people are.

Not to mention that there are Britian people around, too, and other countries. It's a bit difficult to get everyone all together. Out of all the people in this community, I'm betting not a tenth would be able to get together. And while the idea is so admirable, it's literally impossible to succeed.

Therefore, my opinion rests at: no.
chris_sirhc on September 26th, 2004 09:22 pm (UTC)
Why couldn't we make it several parties isntead of one? There can be one in NYC for people who live around there, i live in southcarolina so i wouldn't mind one that isn't a 12 hlour drive away so there could be one around here. No one says that the people who live in other countries can't host one either
俺の神, カダジュ: don't crypucchy_chicobo on September 26th, 2004 09:38 pm (UTC)
That's what FFMeetup is for.

But it seemed like recipefordeath and pseudomachine had intended just one get-together for everyone in this community. It makes sense. I'd wanna meet a bunch of people from this community.

A problem with your aspect is that people nearer to each other still don't get to meet the other people in this community. It's a lot more conventional, but kind of pointless if you're intending on meeting the people from this community.
Brian Poperecipefordeath on September 27th, 2004 11:06 am (UTC)
See, exactly what Chris is saying. I was thinking more along the lines of several parties through out the country/contries. We can find the more populated areas of where the fans are, and have a select few people from each area organize. Right now? One in NYC. Who knows how many others if people treat the idea right, ya know? And about it being all kids, it seems here that we have a good majority of adults (or good fakers lol), because I'm not going to go through and read all these profiles.

-Brian
hes_so_fly on September 26th, 2004 09:43 pm (UTC)
I live in Pa... thats not far at all! :D
SIR LORD BARON VON VADERHAM: FFX - Auronmetalsyko on September 26th, 2004 09:46 pm (UTC)
I'm from DE, so it's about an hour and a half by train. Dude, if I had the cash, I would so focking be there.
Lee2d_mirage on September 26th, 2004 10:03 pm (UTC)
By the time it comes out I'll be in California, so no meet up for me except for west coasters.
Brian Poperecipefordeath on September 27th, 2004 11:07 am (UTC)
That's what I'm talkin' about. If you'll be in CA and you have any friends out there? Try making a leetle get together out there.

- Brian
Алая Заряclaus_valka on September 26th, 2004 10:40 pm (UTC)
Krys, that means you'd actually have to socialize. It might be death.

For me, anyways. Dont expect me to be there, even if I do live in NYC XP
R. Kasaharablueshinra on September 26th, 2004 11:23 pm (UTC)
I live in the NYC area (and love the Japanese bookstores ^_~), but I'm not sure about a meetup (I'd probably be the oldest one there o_O). I've also seen how these things have a tendency to fizzle out, as everyone has their own plans or things they have to take care of.

I honestly don't know what I'll be doing when AC comes out, and as such, am not sure if I can give a definate answer at this point. Still, I'm interested (and I would like to meet our lovely Mod ^_^)...
Xpseudomachine on September 27th, 2004 01:45 am (UTC)
*blush*
roswell78 on September 27th, 2004 12:29 am (UTC)
Uh, if theres an NYC one we should get a California one.

>O
Lee2d_mirage on September 27th, 2004 12:32 am (UTC)
I nominate San Jose for the California meeting!
Summoner Yunasparkliediamond on September 27th, 2004 02:26 am (UTC)
How about something for the central states? ITs always Nyc or Cali, Im in IL. :(!
(no subject) - absolutelyfatal on September 27th, 2004 03:54 am (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - absolutelyfatal on September 27th, 2004 03:57 am (UTC) (Expand)
Christine Thomasraynala on September 28th, 2004 01:42 am (UTC)
I love the idea. If there's anyone from Central Florida, I'd love to help organize one for Orlando. ;D