The target of this spell immediately stops bleeding from any wounds it has suffered from slashing or piercing weapons or wounding effects. The spell also immediately stabilizes a creature that is dying as a result of such injuries. Styptic has no effect on injuries resulting from other types of damage, or on conditions that do not deal hit point damage.
Material Component: A specially carved stick with a wax tip.
Your touch inflicts a deep, painful wound that bleeds profusely and refuses to heal. The target takes 1d3 points of damage per round from bleeding until the spell's duration expires. Nonmagical healing neither stops the blood loss nor restores hit points lost from such bleeding. A cure spell restores hit points normally but does not stop the bleeding. A styptic or heal spell both stops the bleeding and restores lost hit points as it normally would.
Hemorrhage is countered by styptic.
Guidance of the Avatar
Your deity's chosen avatar imbues the subject with divine power. The creature gets a +20 competence bonus on a single skill check and must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies.
The subject becomes temporarily immune to the ravages of disease. The progress of any nonmagical disease that already afflicts the target is halted for the duration of the spell. Delay disease allows the subject to skip the required saving throw against the disease for the day that the spell is in effect. During this period, the subject accrues no further ability damage from the disease. A skipped saving throw counts as neither a success nor a failure for the purpose of recovery from the disease. Furthermore, the incubation period of any disease to which the subject is exposed during the spell's duration does not begin until the spell expires. Delay disease does not cure any damage that a disease may already have dealt, and it has no effect against magical or supernatural diseases.
Divine interdiction interferes with a cleric's connection to his or her divine source of power, resulting in a temporary loss of the ability to turn or rebuke undead. Paladins, blackguards, and other classes capable of rebuking, turning, or otherwise commanding the undead can also suffer a temporary loss of this ability through divine interdiction.
This spell creates a beam of invisible disruptive energy that streaks out from the caster’s pointed finger to strike the target(s) automatically. As usual, a target benefits only from his or her size modifier, Dexterity modifier, and deflection bonus (if any); armor bonuses, shield bonuses, or natural armor bonus do not apply.
The spell can be cast on a point in space, but the effect is stationary unless cast on a mobile object. The spell can be centered on a creature, and the effect then radiates from the creature and moves as it moves. An unwilling creature can attempt a Will save to negate the spell and can use SR, if any. Should the save fail, the target’s turning abilities are immediately negated for the spell’s duration.
While under the influence of divine interdiction, the target is treated as though he or she has no ability to turn, rebuke, or command undead. Note that the spell does not prevent positive or negative energy from affecting undead within the area (it merely becomes a barrier to activating such powers).
You shape a natural setting into a formidable defensive position. Usually this is used to prepare an open outdoor area such as a hillside or a forest, but a large natural cavern could be shaped into a divine rampart. Artificial structures or features are not affected, although a divine rampart could be positioned to fill a gap between two buildings or barricade an unpaved road. The effects of the spell depend on the terrain:
Open Outdoor Site: A rampart or dike of earth 5 feet high and 5 feet thick at its base rises immediately behind a shallow ditch 5 feet wide and 5 feet deep along the perimeter of the site. Creatures behind the dike receive 75% cover. Attackers approaching on foot must scramble down into the ditch and then 10 feet up the dike (Climb DC 10).
Rough Outdoor Site or Cavern: Loose stones and boulders, deadwood, and patches of dense briars are arranged to form a defensible wall 5 feet high and 2 feet thick at the base around the perimeter of the site. Creatures behind the wall receive 75% cover.
Marshy or Low-Lying Site: In areas such as marsh, bog, swamp, or tundra, divine rampart cannot raise a wall, but instead creates a water-filled ditch 10 feet wide and 5 feet deep. Creatures forced to wade the ditch are reduced to one-eighth their normal movement (minimum 5 feet) and cannot charge or run.
Material Components: A small quartz gem engraved with the image of an exquisite tiny castle, worth at least 100 gp.
By reciting a sacred passage or declaration from your holy writings, you bring special favor upon yourself and your allies while bringing disfavor to your foes. You and your allies gain a +2 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while foes suffer a –2 penalty on such rolls.
Dirge of Discord
This spell creates an unholy, chaotic dirge that fills the subject's head with the screams of the dying, the wailing of the damned, and the howling of the mad. Affected creatures suffer a -4 profane penalty to attack rolls and Concentration checks, a -8 enhancement penalty to effective Dexterity (with Reflex saves reduced accordingly for the spell's duration), and halved movement due to the subject's equilibrium being thrown off by the dirge.
Focus: A tiny urn containing some ashes of a destrachan.
Summon Blood Elemental
This spell summons a blood elemental to attack your enemies. It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn. As soon as it arrives, you must designate its target or targets by pointing. If there are multiple creatures in the general area where you point, it attacks them all. Because of the blood elemental's incomprehensible nature (see the Incomprehensible special quality, below), it is not possible to communicate with it by any means that involves language (including a tongues spell or a monk's tongue of the sun and moon ability). Thus, you cannot redirect its attacks verbally, command it to take other actions, or otherwise control it in any way.
A blood elemental cannot be dismissed the way other summoned creatures can. If there are no enemies present, or if the blood elemental destroys all the creatures designated as enemies before the duration of the spell ends, it either returns to its home plane voluntarily (25% chance) or attacks the nearest creature (75% chance), even if that creature is you. If it decides to continue attacking and there are multiple potential targets at the same distance, it chooses the one that seems weakest. When the spell duration expires, the creature disappears at the end of your turn if it has not already departed.
Material Component: A drop of blood from a good creature.
|comments: Leave a comment|