October 28th, 2006

courtney

Tazewell's Favorite Eccentric #5

The fifth issue of my zine is out now. Fresh from the printer, it's the emo issue about the breakup of a pretty serious relationship, past relationships, and a lot about body image.

"I don't know where I am with all of this. I thought that I had a partner who loved me for the person I was on the inside. Who saw strength in my scars, and never shied away from touching them. Who saw beauty in the way that my body yielded to her touch. But I was wrong. That's why I haven't written about Hannah, before. I know that now. I was scared to be wrong about a relationship that I have invested so much in. I didn't want to be wrong, but I was.

And now? I'm working on it. I can't imagine a life that Hannah's not a part of, at least on a platonic, if at times surface level. But I can't look at my body without seeing it through the eyes of a potential lover. It's flaws and faults. The lines and scars on my body are like map lines to me, sometimes. And sometimes my body is like a suit of armor, cushioning who I am on the inside from danger with layers of soft but unyielding flesh. "
Trio-heart mind soul

question

I seem to have bad luck with printing all the time.
I've yet to print the first issue of my magazine because everytime I attempt it, something goes wrong & it never gets out. :(
The first issue deadline was sometime in August, it's now the end of October, and throughout those months I've been having printing problems.
& I can't go to a professional printer yet because I don't have enough money.

So my conclusion to this was to make the first issue available online and start working on collecting money & working things out with a real printing place for the second issue.

So my question is, does anyone know how or what website I can use to get the magazine online?