Erin (galadrine) wrote in _xo_inlove_ox_,

Hard decisions....

Needing a little advice/support from you ladies out there...

Now, I don't know how many of you remember, but Robby and I have had our little issues with his parents not supporting our being engaged and his mom taking my ring away(and threatening to leave his family if we didn't hone up the ring). It's been a while since all this happens, and I still have yet to get my ring back.
My mom and dad totally support our decision to get engaged. They know that we're going to be smart about it, and they trust that we'll wait until we can finacially support ourselves until we get married. My mom to this day is still upset that his mom took away my ring.
Now, I've been thinking about this for some time now, and I'm thinking of telling Robby we should hold off on being engaged until he's 18, and his parents understand that he's old enough to make this decision and that we in fact DO love each other and want to spend our lives together.
I don't want to put him through the stress of talking to his mom about this anymore, he does live with them and they put a lot of guilt on him. I just don't think I can put him through that anymore. But he will be moving out in a month and a half, so I'm thinking of telling him that we should hold off on the engagement and getting my ring back until then. Though if at that time she STILL doesn't give back our ring, then there will be a lot more problems(Because he'll be 18 and out of the house. But the fact that his mom took my ring in the first place, I wouldn't put it past her to keep it even longer).
I don't think it's her decision to decide when Robby and I can be engaged, but I'm feeling like I don't have any other choice. I want him and I to be happy together.

Do you think I'm making the right decision?
Any help here is much appreciated.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.