?

No account? Create an account

Hi all! I just joined livejournal! I'm hoping to find…

About An Interactive Self Improvement

Previous Entry Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 12:55 pm Next Entry
Hi all!

I just joined livejournal! I'm hoping to find communities that will inspire my workouts, or that I can share nutrition tips and recipes with!

I'm currently working in the fitness nutrition field, as of just a few months ago. Our company is small, but growing, and we have an amazing stock of supplements, snacks,shakes, and bars. It's really inspiring to be working in something I care genuinely about, and to have joined in early in the company's life! I wear many hats, for sure, my jobs change almost daily. :)

I wanted to share a homemade protein bar recipe with you.

It’s a very simple recipe to make, and the ingredients are basic—a perfect blank canvas for whatever extras you’d like! Consider adding some dried coconut, carob chips, raisins, or chopped nuts! Just remember to adjust your amounts of applesauce and protein powder to match—you want the mixture to resemble a sort of thick cookie dough.

Minutes to Prepare: 5

Minutes to Cook: 20

Number of Servings: 9

Ingredients

2 scoops protein powder of your choice (chocolate would go well with the nut butter in this recipe, but vanilla or banana would be yummy too!)
1 cup oats
4 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp natural nut butter of your choice

Directions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the egg whites and uncooked oatmeal.

Toss in the rest of your ingredients, stir ‘til well blended.

Spray an 8"x8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, or grease and flour it. Spread the mixture out evenly on the bottom. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edges starts to pull away from the sides of the dish. Remove from the oven, let sit for a few minutes before cutting. Makes about 9 bars.

Enjoy!

(the protein powder needed for this recipe can be found at your local supplement shop, or online at places like nutritionfix.com)

And since my company's still just a startup, maybe visit our facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NutritionFix/272539529472575
We have giveaways and all sorts of other stuff!
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
Date:April 29th, 2012 03:15 am (UTC)
(Link)
Thanks for the recipe! I think I will try to make it this week :) Good luck on your business ventures!
Date:May 1st, 2012 01:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Aw, thank you! I hope they come out well for you, tho they're pretty hard to mess up :)
(Leave a comment)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com