lt_black_fire (lt_black_fire) wrote in _workoutplan,
lt_black_fire
lt_black_fire
_workoutplan

back after knee surgery

I had surgery on my right knee last month, and I've been told that I need to build up muscle in my thigh to try and improve the condition of my knee.
I'm a kickboxer and have been given permission to return to my dojo. While I'm not allowed to fight yet (and unable to do most of the kicks, steps etc.), I'm allowed to do some sort of exercise. However, this is not enough, and I'm trying to put together a workout plan for myself which targets the thigh muscles while keeping the pressure off my knee. I had a lateral release, and still have to regain quite a bit of flexibility in that knee. Exercises need to be low impact but highly efficient, and I'm not really sure I know what I'm supposed to be doing. My doctors have told me that it's all up to me now, and I don't seem to qualify for a referral to a physiotherapist. I cannot afford to pay for one, either, but I know I have to do something.

Can anybody help?

I'm also back on Weight Watchers after gaining some weight due to the fact that I haven't been able to do as much as I usually do. I'm aiming to lose around 5 kg (I weigh 62 kg right now, and I'm 1,62 m tall).
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment