?

No account? Create an account

yoga

About An Interactive Self Improvement

Previous Entry yoga Aug. 24th, 2009 @ 11:36 am Next Entry
I am interested in getting into yoga but cannot afford to attend classes just yet, and none of the community centers around me offer discounted classes. I was thinking of checking out some DVD's that anyone could suggest for beginners, something fairly slow paced without too many difficult postures, or at least postures that can be altered for individual levels.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
Date:August 24th, 2009 06:33 pm (UTC)

Great Starter

(Link)
And cheap to boot - I got mine for $10 at Kroger :-P

Element AM and PM Yoga for Beginners

I found her commentary and gentle reminders to be very helpful throughout the practice. I like the PM workout a little bit more than the AM, but that's probably because I'm not a morning person by choice :-P

Edited at 2009-08-24 06:34 pm (UTC)
[User Picture Icon]
Date:August 30th, 2009 04:43 am (UTC)

dvd suggestions for you!!

(Link)
It isn't yoga dvd but u might like the dvd anyways it's called: Skinny Bitches It is easy to do and not to many difficult postures too do!! U can buy it at: Walmart or HMV If u have these's stores where u live!!
[User Picture Icon]
Date:November 10th, 2012 03:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hi! I would like to give you the suggestion you`ve been looking for. Probably the best thing to start with is Claire E. Diab. You can get her DVD`s at Denali Productions. There are particularly two dvd`s that I highly recommend to you: Sun Moon Yoga- Series 1 and Zen&Yoga- The Art of Flow. Those are excellent. Claire is amazing teacher who understands the very essence of yoga, which is rare. Check also yogainheart.com to get more informations in general. That website is still under construction but I know that, in 5-6 weeks they will be coming with a new members area with the most amazing yoga content on the internet. Take advantage of that. Good luck to you.
(Leave a comment)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com