?

No account? Create an account

change is scary - even good change

About An Interactive Self Improvement

Previous Entry change is scary - even good change Nov. 30th, 2008 @ 09:57 pm Next Entry
so my new summer jeans that were a smaller size & were tight when I bought them are falling down - this is good. But, it's scary - I liked the jeans, I like me, it's hard to change, even though I know it's needed & healthy for me.

I get new clothes that fit well & put most my old ones in bins. I really need to pack up all my old clothes & donate them. I just need to do it. I need to let go of my old weight & embrace my new healthier me. It's still scary & I find myself getting a fast food burger or a dessert when I think about it too much - I need to have ... somehow, some new comfort and security in being smaller.
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
Date:December 4th, 2008 12:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thats a tough one too. I have found recently my clothes hang off me (but still make me look fat with the folds) but have been reluctant to go and buy new ones because of "what if I put weight back on, wasted money." kind of thing.

Inherently change is hard for humans to adopts, but what I read into your post is that you have modified your behaviour to tell yourself off if you order something bad...thats really good, and it takes time to understand that concept. You will get it, and I applaud you.
(Leave a comment)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com