Some of the animated icons have those fading texts somewhere in them. This tutorial will show you how to make them (or at least, it'll show how I make them. Others may have their own techniques? 8D)
Like the text you see in this one: Which is what we're gonna make today~ 8D
You'll need Photoshop CS2.. wait.. I've already told you what you're going to need in this post, where the first part of making an animated icon is.
1. Create your animated icon using tutorial #007 (I kind of like that number 8D should've chosen James Bond instead of Kaoru for that one. Hmm.. Kaoru would make an interesting James Bond, actually. *cough* yeah, the tutorial..)
2. Add a new layer on top of all the layers you have. Pick the text tool (T) and type your desired text wherever you want on your icon. Choose the font type/size/color you want. Doesn't matter as long as it fits inside the icon 8D
3. Add a new frame to the animation palette. Don't know how to make a new frame? Look at the pic below to see where you should click:
4. You'll notice that the last two frames have the same image. You need to remove the eye of the last image layer so you'll have a blank icon with only your text showing on it.
5. A side note: your text may show on ALL the frames, and we don't want that to happen. If so, click on frame #1 and remove the eye from your text layer, then click on the last frame and bring the little eye back (of the text layer, duh!)
6. Now your text is ready and FINALLY it's time for the fading effect. Or how Photoshop likes to call it: the Tween effect. Select the last frame in your animation palette (I just typed "lappeter" instead of palette. o_O wtf?) and then click the Tween icon. *points at image below*
Once you click that, a little window will pop out. I used the following settings:
7. You can save your icon now (look at tutorial #007 for how to save) if you like how the last frame fades out and the text shows up. If NOT, then do the following:
Select each of the three frames before the last (I highlighted the three of them so you'd see which ones I mean), and remove the eye from the image layers.
8. Now you'll want to keep the last frame for a bit longer. Click on the "0 sec." you see on the last frame, and choose "0.5" If you want the text to show for a longer or shorter amount of time, choose whichever number you want.
9. NOW you can save your icon (check tutorial #007 for how to save so it'd have a LJ-friendly size)
Wheee! Another tutorial done 8D I hope it was easy to follow. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! ^__^v