Ele (_ele_) wrote in _wicked_style_,
Ele
_ele_
_wicked_style_

Couture Fashion Week: Review (Part 1)

I'm too lazy to post all the shows separately... you can find them at style.com if anyone is interested.

REVIEW...

I'll start with the heavyweights.

DIOR
Photobucket
While I agree that it's not as good as last season, and that there's a fair bit of repetition here, I'd like to come to Galliano's defense and say that it's unfair just to criticize him for the lack of something new, when a lot of the other designers are doing the same. The clothes are still stunning. I would like to see things turn into a different direction for his next collection though.

Embroidery is inspired by Klimt.

Favourite pieces:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

details...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

makeup...(OMG STUNNING)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

CHANEL
Photobucket
Mixed feelings about this. It is again quite similar to previous collections but it is an improvement on the last one. Kudos for doing the whole show with flats - in theory this is a nice idea. In practise however... one thing the models look AWKWARD as if they've never walked/posed in flat shoes before... and secondly some of the flats are damn right ugly. It all looks a lot better close up tbh.
Photobucket

Favourite pieces:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Details...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

To be continued...
Tags: chanel, dior, haute couture, review, spring 2008
Subscribe

• Angelic Pretty - Spring 2008

• Chanel Fall 2008 RTW

Well this totally makes up for the disaster that was the last spring collection. There were a few misses but overall this is a solid collection.…

• Dior Fall 2008 rtw

Bleh. Either John is losing his touch (I hope not!) or they are pushing him into certain directions... I'm thinking it is the latter because from…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 0 comments