Dream Interpreting and Wicca...

Journal Info

five sacred things
Name
Wicca: A Living Tradition of Witchcraft

Dream Interpreting and Wicca...

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
me
Let's talk about an interesting-and probably less controversial-subject: Dream Interpretation and how it can correspond with Wicca and my thoughts on it.

Dreams can be a wonderful experience and/or they can be a terrifying experience. Good or bad, they are part of nearly every person's natural sleep rhythym. True, there are some people who do not dream at all because they either forgot what their dreams were or because they suffered and are still suffering from a traumatic brain injury or have insomnia. The average person, however, can or does have up to four or more dreams in one night. The dreams can come in bits and pieces and be scattered about in random order or they can come in sequential order-like in a movie. Another important thing to note: dreams often occur when our bodies are in the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) stage of sleep. And nightmares, a.k.a night terrors, often occur when our bodies are in the Deep Sleep stage(s).

But here is where the scientific stuff ends and the magical stuff begins. Dreams are often linked to our subconscious mind. They can reflect on how we felt and/or what our emotional states were that particular day and what we were feeling before we went to bed. Dreams can also tell us about our past lives, our current lives, relationships, how we can get around life's curve balls and obstacles, and so on!

Using dreams on our past and current lives can help us better understand ourselves, the lives we lead, how we can improve our lives and ourselves, and what our purpose for living is. This can also be achieved through meditation. In my opinion, meditation, sleep, and dreaming are all connected. Meditation relaxes the body so that one can fall asleep more easily and meditation can also help make dreaming come much more easily. It is also part of our daily health and recuperation regimens.

Dreaming can also help us improve our lives and relationships through our subconscious mind coming up with creative solutions to life's curve balls. They also are great relationship problem solvers.

This is where it gets tricky, however. Dream symbol interpretation is very tricky anyway. Yes there are professional dream interpretators out there and yes, there are tons of books on dream interpretation out there. In my opinion, dream interpretation is completely up to the individual.

In order for dream interpretation to take place, I would suggest keeping a dream journal and as soon as you wake up, write down what dreams you remember and what details you remember. As time goes by, your dream journal will become more and more detailed and lengthy.

How is dream interpretation associated with Wicca? Well, dream interpretation can bring up past life memories. Also dreaming is used in magical rituals. However, this is a murky subject for me and I will have to do more study on this topic. It can also be used to work out problems and kinks in a spell or ritual, at least in my opinion.

Well, that's it for now. Hope to hear all of your thoughts and opinions on this. If anything, I hope you learn something from this and I hope to learn more from you!
Tags: