Lady Sheherazahde Lachesis (sheherazahde) wrote in _wicca_,
Lady Sheherazahde Lachesis
sheherazahde
_wicca_

Blessed Samhain!

We all know that Samhain is one of the two "hinges" of the year (the other one being Beltain), that divide the year into Summer and Winter. And, because this is the hinge that begins the season of Winter, the life force of the Earth is flowing into the land of the dead and it is the time when spirits of the dead are most active.

Traditionally in some European cultures people dressed up in scary costumes to scare off any malevolent spirits at this time. Now-a-days any kind of costume goes, and the holiday is a time to dress up. We can use this time of costumes as an opportunity to explore issues of identity. Who are you? Who do you want to be?

I always wanted to be a Fairy Princess. But even as a child I never had the figure that Fairy Processes are "supposed" to have. It took me years to come to terms with this and say:

I don't care what anyone else thinks!

I'M A FAIRY PRINCESS!

Have a Blessed Samhain!
Tags: sabbats, samhain
Subscribe

• Happy Mabon!

A joyous Mabon to you all. Apparently someone updated the wikipedia page on the Wheel of the Year to say that in 1970 Aidan A. Kelly came up with…

• Blessed Ostara

It is blustery and snowing here in Upstate New York. Not an auspicious start to the spring season. But all the more reason to welcome the goddess of…

• Samhain Day

Blessed Samhain Day!

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 7 comments