Lady Sheherazahde Lachesis (sheherazahde) wrote in _wicca_,
Lady Sheherazahde Lachesis
sheherazahde
_wicca_

Happy Eostar

I hope you all enjoyed a beautiful Spring Equinox (or Fall Equinox for those of you in the Southern hemisphere).

Blossom by Blossom Spring Begins
(Lindt chocolate bunny and Hershy's Special Dark eggs
photographed around new shoots growing in traffic island east of Ithaca Commons)

Atalanta in Calydon (1865)
For winter's rains and ruins are over,
And all the season of snows and sins;
The days dividing lover and lover,
The light that loses, the night that wins;
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in green underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins.

-Algernon Charles Swinburne (1837–1909)
Atalanta in Calydon (excerpt)
Atalanta in Calydon: A Tragedy (complete text)

Eostar
The Vernal (spring) Equinox.
Also called Easter after the Teutonic goddess of spring.

The equinoxes are the two days of the year when the day is the same length as the night.In the Northern hemisphere the vernal equinox occurs around March 21 and is called the "first day of Spring" regardless of the weather.

Easter, like Persephone (Proserpine), is a goddess of flowers and her return is celebrated as a herald of fertility and abundance. Rabbits and eggs emphasize this fertility aspect.

The masculine aspect of spring is represented by the resurrection of dieing gods such as Adonis, Dionysus, and Tammuz. The strength and force of new shoots breaking out of the earth are reminders of vegetable vitality. The returning life force of spring will not be denied.
Tags: eostar, sabbat card, sabbats
Subscribe

• Wheel of the Year Books....

Does anyone have a suggestion of good Sabbat/WotY books? The majority I've seen a light on Mystery and heavy on handicrafts. Don't need another…

• Focus......

So, while the poop was hitting the vents Tuesday, as my want I did a Runecasting. Not all that Useful 'cause it basically said, "The Shit has hit the…

• Magic.....

A couple weeks ago, waiting for the cable company(which btw STILL hasn't fixed the problem;>)I started to re-read old journals. I've been doing…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 0 comments