Lady Sheherazahde Lachesis (sheherazahde) wrote in _wicca_,
Lady Sheherazahde Lachesis
sheherazahde
_wicca_

Anticipators' Yule

The group I practice with is made up of people who live all over New York State. Some of use work regular day jobs but others work nights and weekends. And some have young children to care for. Some of us have to drive three and half hours to get to our meetings so we meet somewhere where people can stay overnight. We try to meet at least once a month but we can't get together just any time we like.

We met this past weekend for what we called "Anticipators' Yule". Our community has been celebrating "Procrastinators' Beltain" on Memorial Day weekend for almost twenty years. So it seemed fitting.

We invoked Persephone and Hades and burned lists of things we wanted to divest ourselves of.

One of our members came up with a nice energy raising chant for the magick.
The wheel turns
The fire burns
The God returns
The sun is reborn

We used a Traditional BlueStar bread blessing song
Dear Lady bless
These cakes we share.
Accept the love
Your crafters bear.
We reap your bounty
And praise your name,
Part in your love
And meet again.

Lord's blessings on
These cakes we share.
Lord where you dance,
Please lead us there.
In Greenwood groves
Beneath your sun,
All love is shared
All hearts are one.
Tags: braided wheel tradition, chants, liturgy, ritual, sabbats, yule
Subscribe

• Why Rituals Work

Why Rituals Work By Francesca Gino and Michael I. Norton, Scientific American, May 14, 2013 Recent research suggests that rituals may be more…

• Charge of the Goddess

I didn't see this in the tags so I thought I'd post it. Charge of the Goddess (High Priest) Listen to the words of the Great Mother, Who of old…

• Yay Summer!

Blessed Litha! My ritual group met this past weekend. We did a quiet little ritual my coven sister wrote. First we took some construction…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 3 comments