?

No account? Create an account

Weight Watchers

it's not a diet. it's a lifestyle.

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
smh
babydiego wrote in _weightwatchers
Hey all

Having weighed myself post Christmas I was shocked to discovered I'm now up to 10 stone and 5lbs (145lbs I believe) and it's the heaviest I've ever been so I bit the bullet and joined WW online.

Height: 5'3"
SW: 145lbs

GW: 120lbs

I've been tracking for 2 days now and I'm starting to get the hang of things but I'm finding I'm not really using my points up. I'm a Vegetarian and a little stuck at what I should be eating that's low in points but fulling apart from soup which has always come up as 'zero points'. I'm also slightly sceptical at things coming up as 'zero points'...I think the whole system is a bit of a revelation for me lol

Any other Vegetarians on WW? What are your go to recipes? Any helpful sites?

TIA.

X

I'm not a vegetarian, but I'll tell you what the standard WW advice is when you can't finish all of your points: eat the good health guidelines (GHG's). The two tablespoons of oil, and the milk products can use up points quickly. From there, if you still have trouble, don't focus on making EVERYTHING low or no point. Just make good choices. It will all come in good time!

I'm vegetarian, but I'm also new, so I have no advice. Good luck!

I think the WWO site has forum for vegetarians. I don't think you have to use the online tracker to join the forums, either.

I'm a vegan. I'm really big on greens and beans. Fresh veggies are the best. Try shredded kale or spinach with tomato, some kind of bean (like black beans, kidneys, or garbanzo), some type of Mrs Dash seasoning (I love fiesta lime, tomato basil, and Caribbean citrus the best), nutritional yeast, and Green Mountain Gringo mild salsa. If your body can take soy, vegan tacos are great too. I also like putting a banana in the blender with a no-calorie sweetener (I prefer organic zero) and either a little vanilla extract or a little cocoa powder. I have other recipes here: http://www.autumndandelion.com/

I'm vegan, too...and I have to say that I never struggled to find things to eat while following the WW plan.
There's no reason to make EVERYTHING low point or no point - you'll end up not eating enough.
I usually eat pasta or rice with veggies...or a lot of beans...and tofu.
Beans and tofu use up quite some points, but they'll also fill you up.
I'm in Germany atm, and the German WW website has a pretty nice veggie forum - I'm sure you'll be able to find something like that where you are...

WW works really well for vegetarians (and vegans)! I just signed up again.