lucidxlunacy (lucidxlunacy) wrote in _weightwatchers,
lucidxlunacy
lucidxlunacy
_weightwatchers

• Mood:

Denim Diaries

Once more, this weekend, I went through my wardrobe to get rid of things that no longer fit. I pulled out every pair of jeans I owned from where ever they were, whether it was my drawers, closet, or boxes in the garage of things (during the last round of purging) I couldn't quite get back into yet. I am down to two pairs jeans that will fit me through maybe another three to five pounds before I have to give in and buy more. There are three moments of this escapade that stand out to me, though.

1) Putting on the jeans I wore in ninth grade and finding that not just one, but every single pair were way to big on me now - nearly ten years later. Not just jeans of the same size or same style, but the jeans I was wearing as a high school freshman - and they're not just a little baggy here or there; they looked completely ridiculous on me, even with fuller hips now than I had then.

2) Putting on the jeans I wore all the time when I was dating my ex-boyfriend two years ago and finding they - literally - fell to the floor after four steps. I cannot even begin to describe the wicked sense of happiness I felt in that moment, thinking about how his jaw would hit the floor if he were to see me now, after all that time only ever receiving an appearance-based compliment from him if he'd been drinking.

3) Putting on the jeans I wore on my first date with my current boyfriend and finding I could fit an entire shopping list's worth of groceries for Thanksgiving dinner in them with me - especially considering when I wore them that day eight months ago, I had to spend the whole morning stomping around my house like Godzilla, with these huge, lung-like steps, to break them in enough that I wouldn't have a muffin top through the entire night.
Tags: nsv
Subscribe

• Barely, but less than 150!

I'm less than twenty pounds from my goal!! So excited! He's a picture from today: I haven't mastered the art of mirror pictures, so a full body…

• Overweight and Healthy!!!

FINALLY, after weeks of being torturously close, according to WebMD, I have officially left being obese behind and am now overweight AND my…

• (no subject)

NSV!! i got my cholesterol checked and my total cholesterol went down 40 points since september!!

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 11 comments

• Barely, but less than 150!

I'm less than twenty pounds from my goal!! So excited! He's a picture from today: I haven't mastered the art of mirror pictures, so a full body…

• Overweight and Healthy!!!

FINALLY, after weeks of being torturously close, according to WebMD, I have officially left being obese behind and am now overweight AND my…

• (no subject)

NSV!! i got my cholesterol checked and my total cholesterol went down 40 points since september!!